ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Season 5 Wwe GIF by Xbox

Ok, this is my first time watching a WWE PLE show live. How in the world do you all deal with all these commercials?

Welp, my predictions look good so far...

Bayley's title reign was the shits. Cal-like malpractice from Triple H on that one.
I don’t disagree but bayley also needs a good opponent - her best feuds were with the horsewomen and none are currently wrestling in wwe and she had the backstory with damage control and the comeback from injury to win rr and wm match.

Also to be fair Nia has never had a good feud with anyone so she brings it down a notch from the start.

They couldn’t even put GUNTHER over clean?!?!
I wouldn't say that wasn't clean.The distraction from Finn was there, but Priest had already gotten out of the initial sleeper hold that was originally caused by distraction. He then did no move or anything to assume Gunther was down, before going after Finn. His emotions are why he got put in the sleeper hold the second time.
Did Gunther beat him straight up? Not exactly, but it was solely one of his moves that put Priest out, and not Priest getting hit or a move done to him by Finn.

Randoms…

I guess destroying the prime hydration station is the new destroy the Spanish announce table

That was Priest’s best match since he was champ - not sure if it’s b/c Gunther is that good or Priest thrives more in a big man vs big man match but he carried himself well

If you told me there would be references to Scott Steiner/arn Anderson/rock n roll express and Jesse Ventura I’d have thought this was a late 80s or 90s edition of summerslam

Thoughts from a fan who usually prefers AEW about last night’s show.

1. Hope Fatu wasn’t actually hurt and that was just part of the story. Without him, the new bloodline are a bunch of jobbers.

2. I liked the first two matches and then the Gunther match. Did not care for the other three.

3. Very disappointed in the Drew and Punk match. Two good wrestlers who didn’t click last night. And they did not need Seth mucking up the match IMHO.

4. That seemed like an awful crowd for the most part. They sat on their hands all night.

5. I don’t think I’ll watch many PLEs live because like I posted last night, all those breaks and commercials wore me out.

Show exceeded my expectations when I think about how we assumed the entire thing would be meh a week ago. Everything was entertaining minus Jax/Bayley. At this point I cannot stand Truth and Miz. It's beyond played out. There was probably too much interference but you can't tell me it didn't work. Dom has nuclear heat now and I'm somewhat excited for heel Finn. Roman's WM theme threw me off but the crowd response to his punch, then the "OOOOOAHHHHH" before the spear was insane. Punk and Drew was a little sloppy but Punk was never one who collected 5 star match ratings. And at the end of the day, Punk screwed Punk. He dumbed himself out of an important win. Simple but smart storytelling.

I enjoyed the show.

There weren’t any Meltzer bangers, but 7 stories were told and I was entertained by 6 of the seven. (I ate dinner during Jaxx/Bayley).

Love the impending implosion of Judgement Day. Thought Breakker taking the IC was the absolute best decision and was happy my guy LA Knight took the US title.

The almost 4 hour run-time was perfect for a “big” show. Anything else is too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT