ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Olympic basketball.

Who is the announcer? He is awful. Sounds like he is carrying on a conversation in a coffee shop? Is this the best we can do?

I presume you're referencing Dwyane Wade. NBC hired Wade to be its Olympic analyst ...despite a lack of booth experience ..presumably just because they wanted a really big name who was himself an Olympian.

And, you're right, his inexperience shows. It's like he's not even trying to do the job the normal way, just sounds like a guy having a casual conversation and joking around about whatever while hanging out.

But it kinda works for me in a way ...if only because Wade seems a likable good guy.

Reactions: JrandoUK
I presume you're referencing Dwyane Wade. NBC hired Wade to be its Olympic analyst ...despite a lack of booth experience ..presumably just because they wanted a really big name who was himself an Olympian.

And, you're right, his inexperience shows. It's like he's not even trying to do the job the normal way, just sounds like a guy having a casual conversation and joking around about whatever while hanging out.

But it kinda works for me in a way ...if only because Wade seems a likable good guy.

And these games are jokes anyways mostly so it works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT