ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis NIL fedex

The Democratic policies have made coal lose money for the last 20 yrs.....UK used to have ties to big coal.......
If NIL has brought anything to light, it's that those things Kentucky is rich in: pollute the environment (coal), body (bourbon), and soul (horse racing).
JK, I think it's pretty cool!

Reactions: d2atTech
FedEx has said they are going to furlough union pilots and have let go a lot of nonunion instructors and management and parking airplanes because their business model is broke. Yet they give 25 million to Memphis. Atleast they have their priorities straight.

Had TJ Beisner not been pushed out by Calipari or Barnhardt, Kentucky is likely atop the NIL game right now. That was a huge loss to North Carolina, it's interesting that Kentucky never tried to get him back, especially after hiring Pope.

Last edited:
Memphis has Fed Ex. Oregon has Nike, Arkansas has Tyson, Seems like a lot of schools have the backing of some behemoth corporation, yet Kentucky has the Crafts and not a ton else in regards to big donors. Which is sad considering our rich basketball history.
Kentucky has Horses and Bourbon.

Bourbon alone would dwarf a lot. However, I don't think alcohol NIL is allowed. Horses also have a gambling connect, and I think that money is also not allowed (directly)

We do have KFC (biggest coporation in the Commonwealth). Problem is they will fund UofL. Same for Texas Roadhouse (ironically located in Louisville) so they will pump money to UofL as well.

Biggest company in the Commonwealth located in Lexington is A&W. And I believe they have made NIL donations.

FedEx is the worst. I will intentionally avoid any type of online purchases if FedEx is the shipper, unless there is absolutely no other way to avoid it, and yes I will pay more for something as long as FedEx isn't involved.

I purchased something that was supposed to be overnighted through FedEx from Memphis, the items location started in Memphis. It was a time sensitive item I needed quick, an automobile part, hence paying extra fro overnight shipping. Came from a car dealership located in Memphis and let me say, I live in Western Kentucky and not to far from Memphis by car ride. Anyways, it gets shipped out that day and for the next week the package gets shipped from New Mexico to Oklahoma 3 or 4 times before ending up in Puerto Rico the next week and lost. Car dealership shipped another one through USPS and takes 2 days to arrive and ends up having to file a claim with FedEx, just one of many examples from me.
Just FYI FedEx carriers the mail

25 million over the course of 5 years for all their sports. That's 5 million a year. At least 75% of that goes to the football program.

Completely baffled how a publicly traded shipping company is spending 25 million dollars to send college sports players to a specific university. Aren’t they going to have a ton of pissed off shareholders??

That's exactly what I was about to post. The shareholders should be furious. I guess they sell it as marketing cost but there is zero return on that investment.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
If FedEx's NIL donation/finance department is anything like their shipping logistics department, it will bounce off several banks in Russia, China, Africa, Europe and the West Coast before it ends up being lost or stolen.
Now, that was hilarious. Thanks.

Reactions: CaptnMorgan
LOL Imagine taking the time to write out all that. Didn't read it but good for you bud. or good job or ok or whatever.
Yeah, I guess nobody told him that 4-line posts are waaay too long for the reading comprehension of some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT