ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis blows a 20+ point lead at home

If i heard right on broadcast the university recommended due to weather conditions to stay home and watch game on espn. Would give tickets to future game.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Agreed Memphis fans are horrible. I, unfortunately, live here. That being said, the empty arena was most likely due to weather. Had a Few inches of snow recently that turned to ice today. Piss poor government infrastructure isn’t equipped to deal with it so the roads are pretty bad. Most people staying home the last couple of days. At least the local crime rate should’ve gone down.

Thanks for the weather info. Guess they get a pass on the attendance then.

If i heard right on broadcast the university recommended due to weather conditions to stay home and watch game on espn. Would give tickets to future game.
Yep, literally hundreds of wrecks reported in memphis due to weather yesterday.

Although I wonder how they told them apart from normal car jackings and roadside car fires in Memphis?

To mighty South Florida.

Besides the choke job, what shocked me was how many empty seats there were for a Top 10 team. Truly embarrassing.
I’m honestly shocked they are top 10. Penny is a shitty coach. Apparently he’s improving and he knows how to build rosters to compete but I never thought I’d see him get them highly ranked.

Speaking of comebacks. Did you happen to see Booker's Suns come back from 22 down with 5 minutes to play Tuesday night against the Kings. They moved Durant to center and had 5 shooters on the floor. It was crazy to see stops turn into points so fast. NBA players are amazing.

Agreed Memphis fans are horrible. I, unfortunately, live here. That being said, the empty arena was most likely due to weather. Had a Few inches of snow recently that turned to ice today. Piss poor government infrastructure isn’t equipped to deal with it so the roads are pretty bad. Most people staying home the last couple of days. At least the local crime rate should’ve gone down.
This is correct. Roads were awful yesterday here. That said, still an inexcusable loss.

My sincere apologies that you live in that cesspool. My daughter and son in law lived there, well technically Cordova, for a year and a half and I was never so glad for anything than I was for them to move out of that place.

I can't wait for the first post saying it is Cal's fault because it has only been about 15 years ago that he coached there, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Speaking of comebacks. Did you happen to see Booker's Suns come back from 22 down with 5 minutes to play Tuesday night against the Kings. They moved Durant to center and had 5 shooters on the floor. It was crazy to see stops turn into points so fast. NBA players are amazing.
Yeah no NBA lead is safe especially if it’s like 20 in the early 3rd quarter. That comeback was crazy tho. Hopefully the Suns stay healthy so they can try and put something together.

That league is pretty weak other than Florida Atlantic. Wichita State hasn't been anything since their coach left. Houston and Cincinnati left for the Big 12 so not much competition in that league.

And I agree, Rick Stansbury is why they are better.

Watched it but man---I don't care what level you are at--22 pts with 5 mins---has to be a W. Can't blow that one.

But you are right--NBA players are insanely skilled/talented. Shocking to see a missed open jumper from them.

Man, if we could’ve gotten that dude, we would be nearly unstoppable. Plug him in at the 3 on this team, wow! He’s a stud.
Exactly.
He's the killer we're missing.
Would love to see him and Adou on the floor together.
Talk about intensity going to another level.

To mighty South Florida.

Besides the choke job, what shocked me was how many empty seats there were for a Top 10 team. Truly embarrassing.
Before you ridicules Memphis, take a look at who lost to UNCW at home earlier this year. By the way UNCW lost by 30 to App. State. And yes, this is the "Gold Standard Program" and the "No Excuse Program" with a HOF coach making $10 Million per year.

Before you ridicules Memphis, take a look at who lost to UNCW at home earlier this year. By the way UNCW lost by 30 to App. State. And yes, this is the "Gold Standard Program" and the "No Excuse Program" with a HOF coach making $10 Million per year.
Actually both things can be true. Both teams had 2 really bad losses. I criticized our loss, and now its Memphis' turn.

But thanks for playing hall monitor.

My sincere apologies that you live in that cesspool. My daughter and son in law lived there, well technically Cordova, for a year and a half and I was never so glad for anything than I was for them to move out of that place.
It’s all good. Temporarily stationed here For a couple more years. I’m a little north of the actual city where it’s not too bad. There’s some good BBQ, a lot of nice people, and a few other redeeming qualities. Not a place I’d ever stay long term by choice, though. Have been to Cordova a few times, no desire to go back. Glad your daughter made it out also.

Reactions: Fox2monk
They have so many close games they won. They could easily be 10-9 or 11-8 instead of 15-4.

This month alone two 3 points wins and an overtime win against, UTSA, Tulsa and SMU. They have 2 OT wins on the season and 8 wins outside the overtime games of 5 points or less. 5 of which were 3 points or less. So 10 wins in 1 or 2 possession games. They are doing good to win those games but they will drop several more in conference games. They aren't a legit top 25 team.

It’s all good. Temporarily stationed here For a couple more years. I’m a little north of the actual city where it’s not too bad. There’s some good BBQ, a lot of nice people, and a few other redeeming qualities. Not a place I’d ever stay long term by choice, though. Have been to Cordova a few times, no desire to go back. Glad your daughter made it out also.
They moved to Huntsville Alabama and love it. Much safer place to live for sure.

Reactions: Chris1018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT