ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting with players tomorrow

"Lets"? It's "Let's", and you don't speak for ANY UK fans here. You yipped and just made it easier for everyone to put your clown butt on ignore. BTW, your idol John Vincent Calipari "destroyed the program".
who the hell died and made you some authority on this board I could care less if you think I am a UK fan and there are still plenty of us who are going to continue to support this team whether you like it or not

Reed will be here. DJ will be here. Thiero will be here. Z may be here. Bradshaw, Ugo are gone via portal. Dilly is going to the draft. Edwards is gone via NBA or portal.

Reactions: Kybluedude
We have 6 incoming freshman:
Boogie Fland
Travis Perry
Billy Richmond
Karter Knox
JQ
Somto

My guess on who goes vs stays:

Reed - NBA
Dilly - NBA
DJ - Stays. He has no other options really.
Edwards - NBA. Might end up in G-League
Big Z - Gone. NBA or Europe.
Ugonna - Transfers
Bradshaw - Transfers, USC?
Thiero - Stays
Burke - Transfers, encouraged to go elsewhere
Hart - Same as Burke

I’m expecting DJ & Thiero back. That leaves 4 roster spots to fill with portal players. Cal better make them all count!
I HOPE Z STAYS I EXPECT THAT SOME WILL BACK OUT OF THEIR COMMITTMENTS

Let's just say that Reed wants to stay for another year will Cal try and push him out to the NBA ? I don't trust Cal and would not be surprised if he tried this.
Actually, because of who Reed is, and could cover JVC'S A🤑🤑 it wouldn't surprise me at all if he tries. Had an individual who said he is close to the Reed family, tell a couple of buddies and l that there’s a deal being worked up for Reed to make 8 million + next year.

Reactions: westerncat
His parents will be the ones who help him decide.
YES. They are smart enough to know that, unless there is legitimate scoring help from the portal, the pressure on Reed will be unreasonable. It would be for anyone, but he will still just be a Sophomore. Losing Reeves, Mitchell and Dilly, even if Edwards and Wagner return, creates a huge loss of scoring and leadership. Reed will be the central focus of everybody’s defense that we play. Reed will need more help than the incoming Freshmen can provide. We simply HAVE to obtain legitimate help through portal … !!!!

Let's just say that Reed wants to stay for another year will Cal try and push him out to the NBA ? I don't trust Cal and would not be surprised if he tried this.
Cal said last night he would NOT force anyone to leave (and never has, cough, liar...Cousins). Now I could see him wanting Reed back but let's be clear, it won't be for Reed. It will be for Cal. Trying to save his job. Of course, will he start him seeing that he has another 5* in Boogie coming in. Now this will be difficult for Cal because if Wagner comes back, which commitment will Cal stick with? Wagner or Boogie? The commitment to Wagner and his family or his new commitment to Boogie. Tough choices for Cal to make but to be certain, whatever choice Cal makes it will be for HIM.

We have 6 incoming freshman:
Boogie Fland
Travis Perry
Billy Richmond
Karter Knox
JQ
Somto

My guess on who goes vs stays:

Reed - NBA
Dilly - NBA
DJ - Stays. He has no other options really.
Edwards - NBA. Might end up in G-League
Big Z - Gone. NBA or Europe.
Ugonna - Transfers
Bradshaw - Transfers, USC?
Thiero - Stays
Burke - Transfers, encouraged to go elsewhere
Hart - Same as Burke

I’m expecting DJ & Thiero back. That leaves 4 roster spots to fill with portal players. Cal better make them all count!
I don’t really care at this point. But I disagree on Shepard. I think his stock dropped. No way in hell is he a lottery pick. Now he might still go. Actually I can see a scenario where he transfers. I just don’t think his NBA stick is nearly what we have been led to believe

I don’t really care at this point. But I disagree on Shepard. I think his stock dropped. No way in hell is he a lottery pick. Now he might still go. Actually I can see a scenario where he transfers. I just don’t think his NBA stick is nearly what we have been led to believe
This is exactly right in my opinion. I don’t even see him getting drafted this year. But if he wants to go I wouldn’t blame him at all

His parents will be the ones who help him decide.
He will get sound advice from his parents. I think he returns. Seems to enjoy being around family and friends more than seeking nba. Ccc better he returns to increase fan support. Sad thing is Reed won't play for a coach that can help him improve.

Reactions: blubo
I don’t care who stays or goes tonight was like getting hit with probation for one year no tournament

Reactions: blubo
Nobody is coming back. Who the hell would want to play for that maniac and lose all the important tournament games, AGAIN!?
ESPECIALLY after Cal came out and admitted that he started or played guys (his favorites) he shouldn't have in order to protect their feelings, at the expense of the team's tournament success? A parent can not in good conscious tell their kid to come back and play for Cal.

Reactions: delk4three
I expect all gone, either to the draft or transfer route. Our next team will be a bunch of athletic but poor basketball players in the freshmen class mixed with mid-major leftovers from Butthole State and That's a University? University.
We'll be lucky if they're from Butthole State. They might be from Eastern Upper Butthole State.

It really does not matter who comes back I think we may have the No 2 recruiting yr as of now and probably a couple transfers coming in like every yr but nothing changing just new faces same old coach coaching then if we make it to the NCAA tourney get knocked out in the first or second round same for the SEC tourney.

Currently, Reed is projected as 3rd pick to the Spurs. Wagner isn’t even on the board 1st or 2nd round.

Uk fans be like… Wagner is gone, but Reed comes back cause he’s just not ready lol.

And while sure that could happen, but you just gotta love UK fans who think with their hearts more than their heads.
The same people celebrating Cal coming back and you people know who you are, are the same people that kept saying Wagner was better than Sheppard.

We need everyone to return - it’s blatantly obvious that Reed and Dillingham are gone from their draft pick status. I would love to see Wagner, Bradshaw, Ugo, Thiero, Burks, Z, etc come back and form the nucleus of next year’s team. Every team still alive in the NCAA are experienced, veteran teams. It would be great to actually have these guys return since the coach isn’t leaving. Edwards will probably hit the g league but, I would love to see him back as well…

Would obviously love to get Reed/Thiero/Wagner/Edwards back. Realistically we'll be lucky to get 2 of those 4.

Dillingham is 100% gone.

Bradshaw/Onyenso to the portal seems like a safe bet. Onyenso will never be good enough to play here, people still don't realize how badly his minutes hurt us this season.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Edwards pretty much has to go. He's already 20. Z is right there too but still raw and could justify another year.

DJ will be interesting. He's still just 18 and really needs another year but that will be a massive ego blow. Plus he'll get drafted if he leaves.

Onyenso is done. Cal didn't really want him back last season and it's more crowded now. Just remember all the kids cal pushed out when he talks about loving guys. He just loves his choice guys.

Bradshaw will be back if he wants. Thiero too. Burks probably back too. Hart is a practice body so it will depend on how many bodies we have.

Reactions: CatsnRoses
He will get sound advice from his parents. I think he returns. Seems to enjoy being around family and friends more than seeking nba. Ccc better he returns to increase fan support. Sad thing is Reed won't play for a coach that can help him improve.
i bet a guaranteed multi million nba contract will go a long way in taking the sting off not being around family and friends

Boy this spring has been awful. A horribly coached loss to Texas A&M in the SEC tourney followed up by a loss to a 13 seed. After that we waited and hoped on news of a coaching change. Now we have to endure the months of will he or won't he go x 10, will our new recruits decommit, can we get this transfer x ????, and then maybe by August realize that we are probably in trouble.

I don't think Reed will be projected as high in the draft as it gets closer, but he will have tremendous pressure on him if he stays. Reed to Cal if he stays......I can't hide you!

I hope every one of them, including Reed, says they're not coming back. Mitch and Cal deserve this.
So you’re more concerned with seeing Mitch and cal squirm than you are seeing your team win?

Evaluate everything. You’re broken.

So you’re more concerned with seeing Mitch and cal squirm than you are seeing your team win?

Evaluate everything. You’re broken.
No. I'm more concerned about the future of this basketball program, and bringing back guys who will help the team win but who WILL NOT WIN A TITLE under Calipari, is just a bandaid to conceal what's really going on. The only way to fix this is to completely tear it down. The basketball program at UK is what's broken. Give Cal a hug, but not for me.

Last edited:
ONe major change this year . I do think Cal tells all of the players that he cannot wait until the end of May to keep their roster spot open and that if they cannot commit now to staying then he will be forced to replace them through the portal . Thus we can say good bye to everyone on the roster except Thiero and perhaps Reed. Everyone else goes into the draft or perhaps a couple like Bradshaw and Ugonna enter the portal.

So he will need to get a minimum of 4 seasoned players out of portal who can be potential starters and defensive stoppers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT