ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting with players tomorrow

omg-omg-i-cant-wait.gif

Didn’t he say on this weekly show though that he had 2 pgs coming back? To save his ass I think he’s more likely to hold on to them rather than be so quick to push em out the door.
He said he might have 1 or 2. Door still wide open for 0 back.

Reactions: flacat22
I’d advise all those kids to go pro. I don’t care if they gotta play in the Eskimo league in old forge Alaska. Just get away from that sloppy greasy douche that will throw you under the bus game 1 when we lose to Duke.

Make like the rats and get off this titantic of a basketball program. I’ll stick around with my violin.

Last edited:
Let's just say that Reed wants to stay for another year will Cal try and push him out to the NBA ? I don't trust Cal and would not be surprised if he tried this.
If Reed wants to stay, he'll take the place of the player that was recruited to take his fill his spot.
You can't keep players and have the best recruiting class. Something has to give... and that goes against all Cal has stood for.
Skeptical... but great for UK basketball if it happens.

I have a verrrrry loose source on Reed, so I'm not gonna say what was said because it's likely BS and fake. But IMO, please don't build yourself up thinking he'll stay.
I don’t know why anyone would expect him to turn down top 5 draft pick. No kid would. I love Kentucky as much as anyone and even I wouldn’t turn down that money.

I said 2/3 years ago the reason Calipari all of a sudden wants white Kentucky boys is because he thinks they will calm the base.

I suspect he will try to keep Reed as south as this has gone but if not he’s got Perry coming in and he’ll use that.

Calipari’s team goes south next season they’ll have to fire him during the year. There’s no way around it.

We have 6 incoming freshman:
Boogie Fland
Travis Perry
Billy Richmond
Karter Knox
JQ
Somto

My guess on who goes vs stays:

Reed - NBA
Dilly - NBA
DJ - Stays. He has no other options really.
Edwards - NBA. Might end up in G-League
Big Z - Gone. NBA or Europe.
Ugonna - Transfers
Bradshaw - Transfers, USC?
Thiero - Stays
Burke - Transfers, encouraged to go elsewhere
Hart - Same as Burke

I’m expecting DJ & Thiero back. That leaves 4 roster spots to fill with portal players. Cal better make them all count!

Last edited:
But IMO, please don't build yourself up thinking he'll stay.

Best advice for any player in the Cal era.

Some people never learn and talk themselves into certain guys staying and always wind up disappointed and angry.

Just assume it’s going to be a 100 percent roster turnover and be pleasantly surprised if someone hangs around for another year. Outside of our recent slide and postseason impotence, this is the worst part of Cal’s program.

Boogie Fland
Travis Perry
Billy Richmond
Karter Knox
JQ
Somto

Reed - NBA
Dilly - NBA
Ugonna - Transfers
Hart - Same as Burke

I’m expecting DJ back. That leaves 5 roster spots to fill with portal players. Cal better make them all count!

What about Thiero and Bradshaw?

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
I said 2/3 years ago the reason Calipari all of a sudden wants white Kentucky boys is because he thinks they will calm the base.

I suspect he will try to keep Reed as south as this has gone but if not he’s got Perry coming in and he’ll use that.

Calipari’s team goes south next season they’ll have to fire him during the year. There’s no way around it.

Most white UK high school basketball players suck (same with every other color). Very few legit UK level KY high school players over the years of late.

Boogie Fland
Travis Perry
Billy Richmond
Karter Knox
JQ
Somto

Reed - NBA
Dilly - NBA
Ugonna - Transfers
Hart - Same as Burke

I’m expecting DJ back. That leaves 5 roster spots to fill with portal players. Cal better make them all count!
I think you hit the nail on the head here with those predictions. Dont know if I’d phrase Burks the same way but I’d assume he leaves. He will not fill all the roster spots. IMO will be the recruits, DJ, Adou, a big time wing transfer, a good big transfer, and a fluff addition. This place won’t be thrilled…

It SHOULD happen, but it won't. Mitch and othes at UK who *can* do something about it, won't.

It could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT