ADVERTISEMENT

McD's found liable for hot Chicken McNugget that burned girl

Hopefully we can use this example of a serious injury from a billion dollar corporation to spread a false narrative that results in laws being passed that limit the powers of the citizens and common people to take on large corporations.

funny-mcdonalds.gif

Admittedly, have not kept up with this particular case, but in the infamous coffee spill suit, that McDonalds also lost, I seem to recall they had received hundreds of complaints about the coffee being served way too hot and ignored them, which prior warnings was introduced into evidence. As I said, I do not know if this was the case with Chicken McNuggets (which I personally think are gross)

Admittedly, have not kept up with this particular case, but in the infamous coffee spill suit, that McDonalds also lost, I seem to recall they had received hundreds of complaints about the coffee being served way too hot and ignored them, which prior warnings was introduced into evidence. As I said, I do not know if this was the case with Chicken McNuggets (which I personally think are gross)
There’s a documentary about that case that is really interesting. It was way worse and more complicated than the media reports. Turned out that the press got their story straight from McDonalds because they were trying to manipulate public opinion. It worked really well.

Their coffee is always 100 degrees hotter than everywhere else. Quite remarkable.

Iirc Gave her 3rd degree burns, which is extremely serious. Despite the laughs it draws, it was a very legit case

Reactions: GeraldV
She had 3rd degree burns and had to get skin grafts. Also she wasn’t driving, she was the passenger and pulled over in a parking spot. And McDonald’s had received multiple complaints about how hot the coffee was. She originally just asked for McDonald’s to pay the medical bills and they refused. Also the amount of money rewarded to her was reduced because she was ruled to be partially at fault.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT