ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe the biggest off-season move…

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019
Was hiring back Wolford. I know it’s southern miss. But anyone remember how bad we looked against Miami-Ohio? O-line was looking crisp. Saban wanted him for a reason.

Yenser was an awful hire. Total project hire.

Reactions: gamecockcat
I think it's an upgrade, but Wolford was put on blast the way he left last time but his coaching style and substitution pattern was vastly different to John Schlarman and honestly it hasn't been the Big Blue Wall since Schlarman passed. Wolford is a good recruiter (so we're told) and he may really be a good O-line coach. Yenser wasn't and the play dropped off definitely with him coaching O-line but Wolford hasn't come close to filling Schlarman's shoes yet.

Wolf was hired again... That's the best I can say about him. He underperformed at Alabama with more five stars than the Rivals top 50, so I'm not sure why Stoops went back to him.

Our pass blocking still isn't worth a damn. Run blocking has improved.

Maybe it's just a curse of Kentucky football, but I can't remember a single year under Stoops where our pass blocking was better than low-mid SEC level. Maybe it's too much to expect Wolf to figure that out.

Oh well. Hopefully we figure it out this year before he pops for Ohio State and recruits our guys there with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT