ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones - There's a big man option out there that I'm not at liberty to talk about

He got on my Facebook one day and started spewing political comments on my status and I hate what his websites become. I don't personally hate the guy, just hate how ppl around here act like matt jones is some sort of God.

Side story: I was sitting behind him at a restaurant and about 5-6 people came up to him and said "love KSR blah blah blah". This is a chicken and beer restaurant not a high class joint. Well after the 3rd person he started complaining to his good looking date(well I can only assume it was his date). Any ways I heard him say some pretty rude and disrespectful things about his fans that came up and said very nice things to him. So yeah I don't like MJ.

I too think he's an arrogant little prick and a pos. I also believe he's a liar. Actually I know he is, but that's another story.

I get you. I wish UK had another "fan" ambassador, and I do think with his political slant, he's leaving the door open for someone to compete. Wish someone would.

Well, you know people have to tie their political opinions to a thread about a possible center prospect. With that said, if I were to make an assumption, I would wager a reclassification as many have mentioned. I'm not sure if Bacot would be the big man though as he is "only" 6' 9", which would make him a PF. Then again, by big man, maybe Jones was alluding to a PF prospect, but when I hear the term, I automatically assume the guy to be a center. Balsa Koprivica would be a nice addition at C, but with the ties to Louisville, I am not sure Calipari would want the air of impropriety. Does anyone know if Calipari has even talked to Chol Marial out of 2019?

How about Jordan Brown or even EJ Montgomery.

Up to this point, Calipari hasn't spent any time on either one of them. I read that Brown wishes to stay out West, hence USC, California, and UCLA all being schools recruiting him heavily. As for Montgomery, nobody really seems to talk about him.

He said it again on his show last night. Sounded pretty confident but again said they can't say anything more yet.

Means it has to be a transfer or reclass.

I'd love to grab a great graduate transfer big man for next season. A mature, veteran force in the middle with a guy like Moses Brown learning behind him. Give me a 6'10, 240 pound bully next to Zion and KJ surrounded by shooters and let's go cut down some nets.

The only thing is, if a player is 6'10" and has to grad transfer, because he can't get drafted, is he really going to help us? Has to be a reclassification.

Class will not be over 4 or 5 deep, do not see more than Knox, Diallo and Richards leaving right now. But that could change easily in the next six months..
Vanderbilt if healthy will leave. Pro scouts loved him at The McDonald's game and week of practice The Hoop Summit game and practice where he was every bit Porter's equal, the Jordan game and week of practice where he had the best all around game til he got hurt not Bowen who simply hit3s.

He at one time around 10 in the espn mock draft. Where he is still first round injured if he is healed and shows anything resemblance of a jumper with his handle and passing. He will be one and done

Reactions: wcc31
The only thing is, if a player is 6'10" and has to grad transfer, because he can't get drafted, is he really going to help us? Has to be a reclassification.

Usually true, but there are countless guys every year who don't get drafted that terrorize our young guys inside or are contributors for major programs. Maia at Pitt a couple years ago. Mike Thorne at Illinois.

Just give me a John Egbunu type and we're set.

Vanderbilt if healthy will leave. Pro scouts loved him at The McDonald's game and week of practice The Hoop Summit game and practice where he was every bit Porter's equal, the Jordan game and week of practice where he had the best all around game til he got hurt not Bowen who simply hit3s.

He at one time around 10 in the espn mock draft. Where he is still first round injured if he is healed and shows anything resemblance of a jumper with his handle and passing. He will be one and done

Vanderbilt would shut Porter down from Missouri, he is a terror on defense. Can not wait for him to get back in game shape..

Reactions: IrishMike409
131004MattJonesKSR0050.jpg

Imagine being Cal in that podcast and having to be all like "damn, Matt Jones, you friggin' badass, all cool with your skinny DYEL body and horrific androgynous monster face. I will totally put you over, both as a journalist and a basketball player." when all he really wants to do is drink makers mark and coach the ball team. Like seriously imagine having to be Cal and not only sit in that chair while Matt Jones flaunts his college fratboy DUDE WEED LMAO liberal chill vibes, the favorable lighting barely concealing his thinning hairline and shitty fringe, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that embarrassing ksr promo. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous friggin visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on set tells him he's THE BEST and DAMN, MATT JONES LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his Hey Kentucky gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been ingesting nothing but a healthy diet of basketball, steak for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Moon, Pennsylvania. You've never even seen anything this friggin disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his dimpled brow as he sucks it in to attempt being alpha, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "UK Fan (for that is what he calls himself)" image, the image he worked so hard for with indie bloggers and podcasters in the previous years. And then the Mitch calls for you to change the subject, and you know you could punch Matt in the face and kick his ass before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're friggin John Calipari. You're not going to lose your future career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
:eek:

131004MattJonesKSR0050.jpg

Imagine being Cal in that podcast and having to be all like "damn, Matt Jones, you friggin' badass, all cool with your skinny DYEL body and horrific androgynous monster face. I will totally put you over, both as a journalist and a basketball player." when all he really wants to do is drink makers mark and coach the ball team. Like seriously imagine having to be Cal and not only sit in that chair while Matt Jones flaunts his college fratboy DUDE WEED LMAO liberal chill vibes, the favorable lighting barely concealing his thinning hairline and shitty fringe, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that embarrassing ksr promo. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous friggin visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on set tells him he's THE BEST and DAMN, MATT JONES LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his Hey Kentucky gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been ingesting nothing but a healthy diet of basketball, steak for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Moon, Pennsylvania. You've never even seen anything this friggin disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his dimpled brow as he sucks it in to attempt being alpha, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "UK Fan (for that is what he calls himself)" image, the image he worked so hard for with indie bloggers and podcasters in the previous years. And then the Mitch calls for you to change the subject, and you know you could punch Matt in the face and kick his ass before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're friggin John Calipari. You're not going to lose your future career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

He's in your head. You should probably take a mental health day or something.

Matt does his credibility little good by claiming to have inside knowledge about an important recruiting matter to Big Blue Nation and then telling us he can't share it. Sounds like something 10 year olds say to each other on the playground during recess. If he knows something he should share it or simply keep it to himself if he can't share it. This teasing crap is a bunch of bunk. Sheesh! Grow up!

Last edited:
Reactions: NamelessOne
Personally, I'd like to see Matt focus SOLELY on UK sports, but whatever floats his boat because I'd love for the board to focus solely on sports, yet that'll never happen. I wonder how many of his haters on this board still listen to his podcasts or visit KSR. Personally, I peruse KSR once or twice a day, but then again, I don't whine about Matt Jones.

Reactions: NamelessOne
I like listening to his show. I'm on the road all day so it's good for me to kind of keep up on UK basketball, football etc. I understand he can't give up too much information in order to keep his sources. I think he let everybody know today it's probably Wiseman reclassifing due to the Humphries comparison but I could be and usually am wrong.

Matt does his credibility little good but claiming to have inside knowledge about an important recruiting matter to Big Blue Nation and then telling us he can't share it. Sounds like something 10 year olds say to each other on the playground during recess. If he knows something he should share it or simply keep it to himself if he can't share it. This teasing crap is a bunch of bunk. Sheesh! Grow up!
Yes, what is up with that. That is an example of his child like behavior. If you can't share it, please do keep it to yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT