ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones - There's a big man option out there that I'm not at liberty to talk about

Means it has to be a transfer or reclass.

I'd love to grab a great graduate transfer big man for next season. A mature, veteran force in the middle with a guy like Moses Brown learning behind him. Give me a 6'10, 240 pound bully next to Zion and KJ surrounded by shooters and let's go cut down some nets.

He mentioned that an Aussie showed up when we needed a big. Could it be another international player?

If he's hinting at another foreign reclassification, Koprivica is from Serbia originally, but he's been linked to the FBI stuff with Louisville.

With Findlay Prep being coached by PJ Washington's dad I've got to believe that this will be a huge plus for UK.

I kinda get the feeling that our 2018 recruiting class will look like this.

Keldon Johnson
Zion Williamson
Bol Bol
Tyler Herro
Immanuel Quickley

Plus either Shareef O'Neal or a big from the 2019 class that reclassifies, I'm hearing that superstar James Wiseman might be a possibility

Also I'll believe James Wiseman is going to reclassify only to spend two years in college when he becomes the first player ever to do so. Until then, I'm skeptical.

Wiseman has elite levels to his game, but his body is still only 16 years old and needs a few more years, before he can take the rigors of college either physically or mentally..

Also I'll believe James Wiseman is going to reclassify only to spend two years in college when he becomes the first player ever to do so. Until then, I'm skeptical.
Seems to make sense,if he won't be old enough to go in the draft next year anyway,would he not be better off to spend two years at UK than one in high school and one at UK. A bit loke the Diallo situation except for the age factor.

Are people going to act like fools about a Wiseman reclass all season long?

Because yeah, there have been a whole bunch of cases of 16 year old kids graduating HS early so they can play 2 years in college.

Not impossible, but not likely. At all.

Reactions: Col. Angus
UK currently has two kids signed. Likely to sign 2-3 more. UK only has 11 schollie players right now. Likely to lose 2-3 guys. Herro looks likely. Hopefully ZW. Maybe a big man.
Does anyone think the class will be bigger than 5 guys?

Reactions: LNAllison
Seems to make sense,if he won't be old enough to go in the draft next year anyway,would he not be better off to spend two years at UK than one in high school and one at UK. A bit loke the Diallo situation except for the age factor.
Not like the Diallo situation, because of the age factor.

Diallo was 18 years old last December, and had already been in HS for 4 1/2 years. It wasn't that tough of a sell to get him to skip out on his last semester of HS when you could dangle the carrot of him getting to go through all the NBA draft stuff, and potentially being a 1st round pick in June.

There is no carrot like that to dangle in front of Wiseman. All you can say is "yeah, abort your HS career early (if that's even possible) so you can play in college for 2 years".

As I've said repeatedly, it would be unprecedented.

UK currently has two kids signed. Likely to sign 2-3 more. UK only has 11 schollie players right now. Likely to lose 2-3 guys. Herro looks likely. Hopefully ZW. Maybe a big man.

Class will not be over 4 or 5 deep, do not see more than Knox, Diallo and Richards leaving right now. But that could change easily in the next six months..

Not like the Diallo situation, because of the age factor.

There is no carrot like that to dangle in front of Wiseman. All you can say is "yeah, abort your HS career early (if that's even possible) so you can play in college for 2 years".

As I've said repeatedly, it would be unprecedented.

I don't think it will happen, but what he would "sell" is the same as what he tells every other recruit. Come to Kentucky and play with the best in practice (and also better competition in games since he would be eligible).

Again, I don't think it will happen. But he would develop quicker in college than high school.

Reactions: docholiday51
I don't think it will happen, but what he would "sell" is the same as what he tells every other recruit. Come to Kentucky and play with the best in practice (and also better competition in games since he would be eligible).

Again, I don't think it will happen. But he would develop quicker in college than high school.
That was my point exactly,the "sell" is the same as Diallo with age being the difference,2 years of prep at this level is better than one year of prep at this level.

Exactly. It would be amazing for us but is sorta odd as he is a top 5 draft pick whenever he enters the draft . But I guess it is better to spend 2 years in college than another year in HS if you can.

It will definetly be bigger IMO . I think we end up adding 3 more players - Zion , a center and a pf and I think one of the last 2 will come from a grad transfer or a late bloomer / reclassifier.

Reactions: Cawood86
Different sport but Amobi Okoye enrolled at UofL to play football at the age of 15. Played 13 games as a freshman and played at a high level.

I’d love for Wiseman to come to UK and play 2 years. But that would the first situation of its kind.

Mr. Shittu called in and told Matt that Cal might take Shittu in the Spring, but he was unwilling to say 100%

ADVERTISEMENT