ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones tells the truth

Forget about politics. Matt Jones is the best. So on target.
Sneaking Erkan Can GIF by TRT

This ought to be good

Look before the tourney he gets caught telling the truth again. This tourney means nothing. He then gives the team 3 days off. (i bet uk was the only team in the sec that gave the team 3 days off).

Now he comes into the tourney and the team is not prepared, the players have the attitude of the coach (this tourney does not matter), and they lay another egg.

Then he comes out with the ridiculous statement that he told them it is play and move on for a better seed. They really tried hard and wanted to win. Blah, blah. blah.

He talks out of both sides of his mouth just like any politician we have today. Problem is he thinks he is above it all. With his contract he sort of is. He is in control. UK has no choice. Mitch will say post season after another early exit that he will have to have a talk with Cal, blah, blah, blah.

Both are laughing to the bank. There is no way to fix this issue. None. If you won 1 billion on the lottery and told Mitch you have 80 mil to buy out his contract he would not do it. He would have Eli call you and tell you how better to spend the money at uk on this department or that department.
I gave up a few years ago. Each year I give it a go to allow myself to follow the team early in the year. Each of the last 3 years I have stopped watching games live and only watch the replay of game I can find that were wins. I have not watched. Each year I start the post season watching live the sec tourney, each of the last 3 years I have not made it to halftime before turning the game off. Last night I turned on Prime and watched the Reacher season 1 again during the games till 1am when i finally fell asleep.

Next week, I will watch day 1 and day 2 games from noon till midnight. I fully expect to lose our first or second game. If we make if further I will continue to watch. I will not be holding my breath. Houston / Uconn is the likely championship game this year. Outside chance for Purdue (way outside chance). SEC i expect Auburn to go further than any other SEC team (sweet 16 or Elite 8).

Matt is pretty spot on with most of what he said. I have several friends down in Nashville right now, and they're pissed and bummed. Our fans are spending thousands of dollars to travel to the SECT just to see this garbage.

Like Matt, I will give a tiny bit of credit to Cal for apologizing to the fans, but what I really want to say is f@&k your apology. Do better, man. Words mean nothing. He's paid to get results, and his lackadaisical attitude towards the SECT is a slap in the face to hard-working fans who spend their hard-earned money to see this team play their best...and win. Let's be honest, effort and preparation isn't good enough. We also expect to win.

UK fans need to stop going to the SECT as long as Cal is here. I'd rather take that money and go to Vegas. At least there you're guaranteed to have a good time.

Both Mitch and Cal need to vacate the premises. They have destroyed what was once a power house program. I just hate for those that spend all kinds of money to go to a tournament that Cal could give to chits about. Then he has the balls to beg people to come to games and spend money in this economy. Just don't do it anymore, buy yourself something nice. At least you will have more than one days fun.

Dude says one sentence a week about politics, and most of that is both sidesism. You gotta be a special kinda cult member to let that get under your skin.

Also, he spent 95% of the season belittling anyone who called saying we should change the starting line up.

Look before the tourney he gets caught telling the truth again. This tourney means nothing. He then gives the team 3 days off. (i bet uk was the only team in the sec that gave the team 3 days off).

Now he comes into the tourney and the team is not prepared, the players have the attitude of the coach (this tourney does not matter), and they lay another egg.

Then he comes out with the ridiculous statement that he told them it is play and move on for a better seed. They really tried hard and wanted to win. Blah, blah. blah.

He talks out of both sides of his mouth just like any politician we have today. Problem is he thinks he is above it all. With his contract he sort of is. He is in control. UK has no choice. Mitch will say post season after another early exit that he will have to have a talk with Cal, blah, blah, blah.

Both are laughing to the bank. There is no way to fix this issue. None. If you won 1 billion on the lottery and told Mitch you have 80 mil to buy out his contract he would not do it. He would have Eli call you and tell you how better to spend the money at uk on this department or that department.
I gave up a few years ago. Each year I give it a go to allow myself to follow the team early in the year. Each of the last 3 years I have stopped watching games live and only watch the replay of game I can find that were wins. I have not watched. Each year I start the post season watching live the sec tourney, each of the last 3 years I have not made it to halftime before turning the game off. Last night I turned on Prime and watched the Reacher season 1 again during the games till 1am when i finally fell asleep.

Next week, I will watch day 1 and day 2 games from noon till midnight. I fully expect to lose our first or second game. If we make if further I will continue to watch. I will not be holding my breath. Houston / Uconn is the likely championship game this year. Outside chance for Purdue (way outside chance). SEC i expect Auburn to go further than any other SEC team (sweet 16 or Elite 8).
Is this clown an employee of UK?
Is UK a member school of the SEC?
Does the SEC require each school to participate in the Sec tournament?
Does COW as head coach at UK get paid to put together the best team possible and win as many games as possible?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes

Seems like a breech of contract issue and makes any game on the schedule fairly inconsequential. Just win enough games to get to the Big 3 end of year tournaments (CBI, NIT, or NCAA - either one is fine) and then make an effort, if it is not too strenuous on the players, to win.

I want a real coach and someone who has some integrity. We won’t go far in COW’s “real tourney” and I hope the heat generated from an early exit runs his caboose out of Lexington and the Commonwealth.

Promises were made to DJ so he must start! He’s had a solid freshman year, but is clearly a step below Rob and Reed. He should be coming off the bench, but…

Lunardi has us going to Spokane for the first rounds now. This is a ripple effect. And Matt Jones again is tepid on cal. He needs to be emphatic, this is unacceptable, Cals Ass needs to be on the hot seat. He talks sect failures but doesn’t mention all else. He also set a bar for elite 8. His analysis is correct BUT he is weak on challenging cal and we rely on this guy who’s been to 4 UK games all year? Cal bamboozeled the fan base con artist and Matt Jones is doing the same. He has used uk to make so much money he’s afraid to speak the real truth the holistic truth. This isn’t time to be bummed it’s time to be pissed and bring the pitchforks. I mean this guy Jones acts perplexed about the lineup. You know if the media did its job throughout the season and questioned Cals pathetic logic on starters they wouldn’t act so shocked today. It’s pathetic I’m ready for someone with real chops to step up and put it on cal and Barney. But Matt has a business. It his radio show he has a brand that comes first. Everyone involved here comes before uk basketball whether it’s the coaches the local media the individual players. It’s the culture cal created. Money money money that now our bb program is a doormat. Screw Matt Jones! Go all in or quit.

Reactions: cathead64
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT