ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones said

Good. Don’t understand why anybody would want any assistant with ties to Cal.

Matt needs to just let stuff happen, Jesus. Or at least only report on significant stuff. He seems extremely thirsty.

Reactions: JoshAllenFan
I’m extremely uninterested in having anybody that got used to the laziness, entitlement, and complacency of coaching under Cal, it was very evident he took Cal’s mentality to Louisville. And it’s very clear without the 5 NBA players on the team every year, Cal’s mentality can barely win a game, with the NBA players apparently you can go about 23-11.

It’s the same reason I don’t want Coach O on Pope’s staff, I want coaches that have fire for the game of basketball, not fat cats that got everything they knew about the game of basketball and their backbone beaten out of them by the car salesman of the year down in Fayetteville.

I’m really happy Payne won’t be coaching here, and if he was the guy that KSR was hinting would bring players, who is Kenny bringing lol? They’d be locker room poison because they’re used to Louisville anarchy and chaos under a “players first” coach and incompetent Louisville program.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Am I the only person here who doesn't give a shit if we get a "big name" assistant or not? Just get people who can coach and recruit and lets roll. How many of the guys Rick Pitino hired when he was here came in with a reputation of being a "big-time assistant"? I don't recall many. But quite a few of them were well known by the time they moved on to other jobs. Just get the right people. If you do, they'll soon become "big names".

Reactions: Popetino
Have to say, I went from sky high after the presser to very nonplussed this week. I thought the momentum would be a tidal wave.

Reactions: bookerfan66
Am I the only person here who doesn't give a shit if we get a "big name" assistant or not? Just get people who can coach and recruit and lets roll. How many of the guys Rick Pitino hired when he was here came in with a reputation of being a "big-time assistant"? I don't recall many. But quite a few of them were well known by the time they moved on to other jobs. Just get the right people. If you do, they'll soon become "big names".
I couldn’t tell you one person on UCONN’s staff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT