JUST SEC teams :

Georgia #1
Texas #4
Bama #5
Ole Miss #7
Missouri #11
LSU # 13
Tenn #14

Never was there intent to upset anyone about Stoops. I have been a Kentucky fan longer than a lot on this forum have been alive. I'm 79 in 6 weeks. i have lived through a ton of disappointments. CMS has not and will not get UK to Atlanta or near the 12 team playoff. Stoops has a 11 year career in the SEC at Kentuck and is below 50%. How we continue to hope, pray, or even think things are going to get better is beyond me. His recruiting compared to past coaches has zero merit. The comparison is how he compares to other SEC programs. Currently KY is 10th in SEC. Florida and Ole Miss are currently barely behind us but will be above us come December signing date. This means we are 12th out of 14 teams. That recruiting is crap and will NEVER get us in SEC championship game. How can anyone be happy with that performance. If we were paying Stoops $1 million dollars a year he should still be fired. Our University deserves more and should demand more, especially paying $9 million a year. How long did it take Auburn and Tennessee to improve their program after firing sorry coaches. If our next coach craps the bed, we currently have a $9 millions dollar that craps the bed. I will be thrilled with just being bowl eligible with current coaching staff. That is the ceiling of this head coach. 11 years going on 12 and we are still at best a middle of the pack SEC team.
We'll just agree to disagree. Your post is long on complaints and entirely missing proposed solutions. While our recruiting may end up being 12th in the conference, it could very well be top 25 nationally. IMO, the difference between #13 and #27 is miniscule and may only be due to the higher rated team signing two blue chip QBs, both of which won't stay four years.

Am I ok with 7-5? Nope. But, for decades we would've given anything to be 'middle of the pack'. Now, suddenly, we're dog crap because we aren't on Georgia's level. The same Georgia that is the flagship university in a state that produced 45 4* and above football players this past year. Ignoring reality, our staff sucks and we'll never go anywhere with them (certainly not win 10 games in a season, right?).

I applaud your long fanhood. We just see the current situation in a vastly different way.

Reactions: mrschwump
So you think 3 teams from the ACC and Big 12 get in ? LOL, who are they ? FSU and a bunch of meh teams who will have a minimum of 3 losses. Same for Big 12. Name me three teams who will get and not have 3 losses in both conferences. YOU CAN"T. And I guaran Damn Tee you, a three loss ACC team or Big 12 team will NOT get in over a three loss SEC team. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. Those conferences do not have the quality wins needed to compete with the SEC. There is a legit 8 teams from the SEC who have a CHANCE to make the playoffs. Not saying all 8 will make it, but 8 has a chance.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying.

The whole reason for the expansion was more variety of teams and more parity in representation of the major conferences.

I'm not sure why we're arguing about 3 loss teams though. Again, undefeated/conference champs, 1-2 loss runner ups, and then the remaining 1-2 loss number 3s are going to take up 8-10 spots.

Thing about UK is by the time things get to us, the SEC/south demographics and markets will be tapped with UGA, Bam, Texas, and/or LSU. We don't really offer anything.

Midwest will have 4 teams.

So, there's 8.

With the next 4 the committee is going to need to get the most bang for their buck when it comes to teams capturing the most audiences from the entirety of the rest of the country.

Depending on how you want to draw up regions and boundaries, you need PNW, West Coast, West/Southwest, Eastern Coastal.

Of all of the teams I listed a few post up, which ones do you think will have more than 2 losses ? I can see where a SEC team with 3 losses get in. If will mostly consist of SEC / Big conference teams, 1 ACC team, 1 Big 12, and the Group of 5. BIG conference is top heavy, it is not as deep as the SEC. A 3 loss top 5 SEC school would get in over a 2 loss ACC / Big 12 team, they just will.

Impossible to say with any certainty because I don't know the schedules. But Missouri and OM would only have to lose 1 more regular season game and be 9-3. I think 23 Texas beats either team, I it played one or the other.

We'll just agree to disagree. Your post is long on complaints and entirely missing proposed solutions. While our recruiting may end up being 12th in the conference, it could very well be top 25 nationally. IMO, the difference between #13 and #27 is miniscule and may only be due to the higher rated team signing two blue chip QBs, both of which won't stay four years.

Am I ok with 7-5? Nope. But, for decades we would've given anything to be 'middle of the pack'. Now, suddenly, we're dog crap because we aren't on Georgia's level. The same Georgia that is the flagship university in a state that produced 45 4* and above football players this past year. Ignoring reality, our staff sucks and we'll never go anywhere with them (certainly not win 10 games in a season, right?).

I applaud your long fanhood. We just see the current situation in a vastly different way.
GBB!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT