ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones is the problem, not the solution

Right. Trump needs to stay out of the Big Tens business.
Anyone with a lick of common sense knows that Trump will have nothing to do with whether the Big 10 plays or not.

That said, it's a very shrewd political move. By placing one phone call to the Big 10 commish (where I guarantee nothing of substance was discussed), Trump can now signal his involvement to Midwestern swing states. Even though he's not influencing the outcome of Big 10 football in any way, lesser informed voters will see the campaign ads implying that he brokered a deal to get their football back.

It's kinda brilliant. If Biden's team wants to win, they're going to need to figure out a way to make some moves like this other than just waiting around and hoping that Trump shoots himself in the foot.

Last edited:
Anyone with a lick of common sense knows that Trump will have nothing to do with whether the Big 10 plays or not.

That said, it's a very shrewd political move. By placing one phone call to the Big 10 commish (where I guarantee nothing of substance was discussed), Trump can now signal his involvement to Midwestern swing states. Even though he's not influencing the outcome of Big 10 football in any way, lesser informed voters will see the campaign ads implying that he brokered a deal to get the their football back.

It's kinda brilliant. If Biden's team wants to win, they're going to need to figure out a way to make some moves like this other than just waiting around and hoping that Trump shoots himself in the foot.

That call with the commissioner put a ton of pressure on the big 10 in the court of public opinion.

Anybody spreading this Marxist victim mentality poison is the problem. The naive and ideological brainwashed may think they're helping. But it is setting the community it's meant to help and our country back decades. Jones just has a bigger voice to spread the disease.

There is zero good that can come out of this BS. Now the chickens are coming home to roost with UK sports programs.

If only we could focus on real solutions based on facts. Can't do that. It's not PC.

He should probably shut up before he proves the title of this thread correct.

By taking an obscure thread from the Paddock (a board full of extreme personalities on both sides that only represent 0.001% of BBN) and sending out to tens of thousands of people, he is implying that this is a much bigger deal than it is. The result is further division amongst the fanbase and between fans and players/coaches.

We already know the players follow him. He's hurting the program by doing this when in reality the vast majority of fans don't even care about this stuff.

IMO he's too thin-skinned to put the program he supposedly loves above his own ego and need to be right.

When are people going to wake up and realize that #1, MJ is not a rabid UK fan. How many rabid fans do you know that admit to turning off a close game in the NCAA Tournament and not being able to finish watching because he gets so "nervous" ? .
Years ago, one of my friends parents wouldn't watch a UK game all season long because we lost the first game they watched that season. There are plenty of people with odd superstitions.

Usually including the phrase “I cOuLd CaRe LeSs...”

I take it that you mean it should be I couldn't care less is the correct or acceptable phrase? Do you think if someone says "I could care less" it is wrong ?

Of course, you can always care less. Although it might take a bit of effort to do so which most people don't want to put any more effort into anything nowadays ;)

Reactions: CB3UK
Years ago, one of my friends parents wouldn't watch a UK game all season long because we lost the first game they watched that season. There are plenty of people with odd superstitions.

Maybe so. I know people who won't go to games because UK lost a game they attended live. I understand things like wearing my "game day" lucky shirt, certain hat, eating the same thing on game days or being like Sheldon Cooper and having the perfect place to sit and watch the game. However, that was kinda like hyperbole.

I stand by what I said about him. What he is a rabid fan of is himself. Again that is fine. I just find it interesting how many people that think just because he has a website/show about UK it makes him some type of superfan when he really isn't.

“We found that the race of the officer doesn’t matter when it comes to predicting whether black or white citizens are shot,” Cesario said. “If anything, black citizens are more likely to have been shot by black officers, but this is because black officers are drawn from the same population that they police. So, the more black citizens there are in a community, the more black police officers there are.”

“Many people ask whether black or white citizens are more likely to be shot and why. We found that violent crime rates are the driving force behind fatal shootings,” Cesario said.

“Our data show that the rate of crime by each racial group correlates with the likelihood of citizens from that racial group being shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of white people committing crimes, white people are more likely to be shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of black people committing crimes, black people are more likely to be shot. It is the best predictor we have of fatal police shootings.”

People who scream Marxism at BLM are the same as people who scream White Supremacist at people playing the circle game.

If the players would have said “Black Lives are Important” would it have made a difference? Doubt it.

Reactions: specialkd24
People who scream Marxism at BLM are the same as people who scream White Supremacist at people playing the circle game.

If the players would have said “Black Lives are Important” would it have made a difference? Doubt it.

There’s not a group called Black Lives are Important with founders that are admitted Marxists which is the case with BLM.

Your opinion and I can't change your mind and nor would I try but from the majority of the people I know - I am 99 & 44/100% sure it would. There are always going to be some people who are racist and hate the opposite race. Just like there are always going to be people who fill-in-the-blank. However as I was saying , most people would like to see racism vanquished from everyone's mind and to not even know what it means. Again this is from people I know, of each race.

This is my opinion.

I guess this little dweeb is going to have to have his “Earned not given” tattoo removed now. He’ll have to change it to “White Privileged”.
He also trashes Coronabros such as you and your beloved virus as well. That's why you don't like Travis.

I don’t like Travis for the same reasons a lot here say they don’t like MJ - he has a massive ego and comes off as a prick. It surely doesn’t help now that he slobbers all over the orange goblin.

So you all are saying that if the players made a video calling for justice for Breonna Taylor and George Floyd but never said the words “Black Lives Matter”it would have been ok?

Because of Marxism truly is your hang up then the answer should be yes. If not then the Marxism argument should never be brought up because it doesn’t actually matter.

Reactions: WonderBraa
at the end of the day, Matt Jones and Brad Calipari tweeting out photos of UK gear being burned by a fan and thinking that isn't inciting fans is going to make it tougher on everyone including the players and John Calipari.

That's been a problem for awhile - on this board and twitter - the belief that your viewpoint is right and people that disagree with you can be held in contempt.

Lets set aside for a moment whether there is a right or wrong in this, or who is right or wrong , angering a percentage of the fan base who may simply not want politics mixed in with UK basketball and not caring because you think you're on the right side of history is short sighted.

All you're doing is galvanizing opinions, hurting the program and motivating people to take action that would have led pretty dormant lives otherwise.

For someone who claims to support BBN and UK, its the height of arrogance to do this stuff, and while I'm sure John Calipari supports his son's right to free speech, having an opinion and standing up for what he believes, if it were my son in that situation, I would have called him up and asked WTF was he thinking. The last thing I'd want right now is fans getting pissed off about the program taking a political position and forcing my hand in engaging it.

Last edited:
I was born in a communist country. you don’t want Marxism in any form, it’s antithetical to fundamental American values and incompatible with a lot of things you take for granted.

It should be denounced vehemently, so should your identity politics-tribalism. American is your identity, period. No one is oppressed and there is no oppressor, your ”privilege“ is that you are American.

You don’t fully grasp what you are supporting.

Of course it would have been different. i don’t know of anyone called “black lives are important” who are avowed communist anarchists burning and looting cities.

Last edited:
So you all are saying that if the players made a video calling for justice for Breonna Taylor and George Floyd but never said the words “Black Lives Matter”it would have been ok?

Because of Marxism truly is your hang up then the answer should be yes. If not then the Marxism argument should never be brought up because it doesn’t actually matter.

Yes and No. One without a doubt a tragedy of an innocent person and hopefully those in the wrong will be punished, the other not so much - although it should never have happened the way it did and those should be punished as well.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
also fwiw, I think you can lump Rex Chapman into the problem, not the solution group as well.

twitter is a cancer and people with some minor level of celebrity get their ego stroked by creating interaction - and you don't get retweets and quoted in articles by just posting cat videos all day. You have to create some controversy.

Cal to the Lakers, guaranteed.

First, Clay Travis is a hypocrite who has changed his entire personal belief system simply to align with Trump for clicks/followers. He has historically trashed UK fans and Kentucky in general.

Second, all the Marxists posts are just crazy. I found this on a non-partisan political site and I think it sums it up pretty well: "Black Lives Matter has grown into a national anti-racism movement broadly supported by Americans, few of whom would identify themselves as Marxist." So instead of focusing on someone a co-founder said in an interview 5 years ago, why don't you look more broadly at the issue at hand.

First, Clay Travis is a hypocrite who has changed his entire personal belief system simply to align with Trump for clicks/followers. He has historically trashed UK fans and Kentucky in general.

Second, all the Marxists posts are just crazy. I found this on a non-partisan political site and I think it sums it up pretty well: "Black Lives Matter has grown into a national anti-racism movement broadly supported by Americans, few of whom would identify themselves as Marxist." So instead of focusing on someone a co-founder said in an interview 5 years ago, why don't you look more broadly at the issue at hand.

I could say the same, instead of focusing on a few bad cops, why don't you look more broadly at the issue at hand?

The whole BLM movement was built on a LIE. Michael Brown, who robbed a store, assaulted the owner, resisted arrest, fought the cop and tried to take his gun NEVER said "hands up don't shoot". He ACTUALLY did the EXACT opposite.

So when Matt Jones tries to say that UK players aren't associating themselves with the BLM movement, either he is LYING or our players are most definitely equating themselves to the BLM movement by NAMING Michael Brown in their video.

When UK Basketball uses their Twitter account and Facebook page to distribute that video, then UK is promoting the SAME BLM movement that is MOST definitely a Marxist, anarchist, terrorist group.

Matt Jones tries to equate individual UK players posts on social media to the ACTUAL posts submitted by UK.

But we all have to remember, with Matt, "Facts are optional".

Two things can be true at once. You can support Black Lives Matter as a concept regarding improved race and community relations with the police, and can still detest the organization due to it’s Communist beliefs.

Support the concept, don’t support the organization. Could give a shit less if the coaches and players want to vocalize the concept. Nuance isn’t this board’s strong suit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT