ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones defending Tipton's question

My impression was Tipton was trying to be Mike Wallace with some big aggressive question. Except anyone with any common sense knew the only answer Cal could respond on the matter was exactly what he said. So, it was more like notice me notice me notice me and I am a real reporter.

The largest system wide scandal unfolding day by day and the school with most high caliber players year in and out should be questioned.
Are these kids recruited by other schools? Could they be candid witnesses when the depositions take place on how they avoided the ruthless recruiters and shoe companys standing in line to throw more money that the next guy does at them? They are so lucky to have a place like Kentucky to relieve themselves of all that pre-college drama and just play ball and go to classes.
Yeah, he needed to ask the tp coach in the game the question and if Cal tied to avoid it, then shame on him for not preparing some talking point to dismiss Jerry in a premeditated way.

I broke my rule and turned on KSR this morning. I wanted to get a run down on the UNC scandal. That was my excuse. But I continued listening and now wonder about Matt Jones more than ever. Matt Jones taking up for Jerry Tipton and his controversial questioning of Coach Cal. His tone and exuberance tells me he is in this for Matt Jones. He loves to stir the pot and now that UL and Pitino are no longer a target what now?

He will follow the money where ever that leads.
Jones is as big a joke as Tipton. Don't listen to him or read Tipton. Birds of a feather.
Jones is worse in my opinion. At least Tipton doesn't pretend to be a UK fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Here's my take. Cal has no right to cut off a reporter and just dismiss him with a "next" before the question is even ask. Cal is not a king or a dictator. He is an employee of the University and in this function it is his job to answer (or not answer) the questions of the media, even if they are absurd. Cal should not have tried to disrespect the reporter (any reporter) he simply should have allowed him to ask the question and then either answer it, or not answer it then.

The question was ridiculous and had already been asked 17 different ways. The way he asked it... everything.

Never thought Id see the day where dozens of posters defend Jerry effing Tipton lol

People need to chill the F out.

And let’s not forget the “fake news” that transpired from it. Resulting in misleading headlines etc.

“Cal becomes angry and evades UK/ Nike / fbi probe connection questions “
Even louisville media picked it up. See how easy it is to just bold faced lie and run with it.

Absurd

And let’s not forget the “fake news” that transpired from it. Resulting in misleading headlines etc.

“Cal becomes angry and evades UK/ Nike / fbi probe connection questions “
Even louisville media picked it up. See how easy it is to just bold faced lie and run with it.

Absurd
Excellent. When our "fans" come on this message board and take up for a bitter anti-UK writer like Tipton and the biggest media hero in some UK fans minds, does the same what can we expect?

Now Coach Cal is seen as evasive, hiding the truth and fearful of the FBI. There is no evidence for any of this but it is becoming fact in the media and some so called UK fans. What ever happens in the future or what ever Coach Cal says in the future will not change that perception. Thanks to Jerry Tipton. I guess he wins again.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT