ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall to the schedule

More than anything scheduling for a good seed is important. If you get mired down early in the season a good seed is impossible.

Reactions: Catman100
Tell me another program that doesn’t play teams that are on par with Marshall???

You’re not even a UK fan to begin with. You’re not fooling anyone. If you can upload a pic with a piece of UK gear and my name wrote on a piece of paper in the same pic, I’ll PayPal you $1,000. If you’re a real fan, time to prove it.

Also, this task will need to be completed in 15 minutes to be valid for $. 🙂
Nocihttp- did you take him up on his challenge?
This would be easy money for a long time UK like yourself?

it happens too often for us.

It really doesn't.

I posted about this above- we play about the same amount of sub-200 and sub-300 games as any other major program (Duke, Kansas, Houston, etc.)

Our schedule is really no different, and honestly a lot better, than most teams out there.

It's just a fact.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Nocihttp- did you take him up on his challenge?
This would be easy money for a long time UK like yourself?

I'm upset that @NociHTTP didn't respond to my post above where I smacked a bunch of numbers and facts proving he's incredibly wrong, and even said in the post about how I doubt there'll be a response, and he STILL didn't respond.

There is zero basis or facts behind anyone saying that our scheduling is poor or weak or worse than other big programs. It's just patently false.

Reactions: Kybluedude
It really doesn't.

I posted about this above- we play about the same amount of sub-200 and sub-300 games as any other major program (Duke, Kansas, Houston, etc.)

Our schedule is really no different, and honestly a lot better, than most teams out there.

It's just a fact.
The real complaint people had was Kentucky never had good non conference home games except the big 12 challenge and Louisville. Now this year they can’t really comparing Gonzaga and Miami are two really good teams

You are cupcake for complaining Dude. Enjoy your life and quit complaining. Yiummaje thus website very bad. Let’s have som fun.
NEX TYME ENGRISH PREESE?

old-man-toothless-laugh-i4h6gndv12hirld7.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
The real complaint people had was Kentucky never had good non conference home games except the big 12 challenge and Louisville. Now this year they can’t really comparing Gonzaga and Miami are two really good teams

Exactly.

But even that, we had a thread last year where I went back and analyzed the Tubby and Pitino years and compared their home schedules to Cal's home schedules, and it's honestly about the same or better in Cal's favor.

And this year, we have two top-15 teams coming to Rupp, and we go to Louisville, which are 3 very high-caliber home and home series games (not our fault that Louisville is a dumpster fire).

The goalposts will just always move.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
You exposed him. Called him out with your challenge. He shrunk away. A UK fan would easily be out spending your money.

He’s out trying to buy some UK gear and bait you into repeating your bet.
I had thoughts he was a troll but you confirmed it.

That’s why I originally gave a 15 minute window, I would seriously send him the money too if he proved me wrong.. lol He failed because he’s a fraud. Pay attention to new usernames, he will come back with a new name soon if not already.

Tell me another program that doesn’t play teams that are on par with Marshall???

You’re not even a UK fan to begin with. You’re not fooling anyone. If you can upload a pic with a piece of UK gear and my name wrote on a piece of paper in the same pic, I’ll PayPal you $1,000. If you’re a real fan, time to prove it.

Also, this task will need to be completed in 15 minutes to be valid for $. 🙂
Is this offer valid to anyone LOL

It really doesn't.

It's just a fact.
Looks like Duke has five this year. Woof. The "Blue Devil Challenge" is a joke too (Bucknell, La Selle, and S. Indiana).

They are challenging Zona though on the 10th, right before the Champ Classic.

And then they are playing Baylor. So, they've got some good games too.

Man, wish we got them in the challenge. Would've been KU on the 14th, Duke on the 28th, and then UNC on the 16th. Would've been epic. Thanks ESPN.

UNC's is similar to ours, but KU's this year looks much better (Maui Tourney, UCONN, Yale, Wichita State, IU, Missouri) they've only got a couple of sub 200's so far (that's no an exhibition). Not gonna lie, I like their schedule this year.

Ours is better this year for sure, especially with the Zags game.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
Much better to play teams like Marshall, St. Joe's, and New Mexico State than Sunkist Valley State and others in the 300+ range ... just can't lose them ... but they aren't as devastating as losing to, say, a team like Evansville or Sunkist Valley State.

I'm upset that @NociHTTP didn't respond to my post above where I smacked a bunch of numbers and facts proving he's incredibly wrong, and even said in the post about how I doubt there'll be a response, and he STILL didn't respond.

There is zero basis or facts behind anyone saying that our scheduling is poor or weak or worse than other big programs. It's just patently false.
He? You haven't been here long, or don't pay attention. Why you persist in suggesting that I stated the scheduling was weak or worse than other big programs, is quite puzzling. Your reading comprehension is L O W. Go back and read my post again. And again after that if you're still struggling. You're patently weird :)

I understand where you are coming from but you can't scheudle top 20 teams night in and out mainly due to logistics.

But you can usually schedule Top 100-150 teams without issue.
I know...the phrasing of the post didn't set well. Not schedule top 20 teams so we can win a few is how I read it; probably not exactly what the OP was trying to say (hopefully)

You can EXPECT in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first. Calipari has shown in the last 4-5 years he isn't beating a lot of ranked teams, so yea we better schedule some patsies from time to time. Some of them like Evansville, are beating us as well.
That speaks to a need for a coaching change, not a lowering of expectations

Nope. I'm me. Pay attention to the posts I like, and to those who like my posts :)
That will be easy since no one liked a single post you made in this thread. Maybe I need to grab some notecards, push pins, string and a cork board. I can unravel the mystery lol

He? You haven't been here long, or don't pay attention. Why you persist in suggesting that I stated the scheduling was weak or worse than other big programs, is quite puzzling. Your reading comprehension is L O W. Go back and read my post again. And again after that if you're still struggling. You're patently weird :)

Yeah you're right- you didn't say anything about this being a cupcake schedule lol. Weird thing to lie about when the posts are in this very thread.

And no one said you started the scheduling conversation- you made a comment about it, I smacked that down, you avoided replying because you knew you were wrong, and here we are.

Would make a lot of sense you being Gromcat.

Tell me the below statement has nothing to do with you thinking Cal pad's his stats by playing cupcakes?

And my point was- Cal doesn't schedule any more cupcakes or lower-tier teams than any other major program, and I had actual facts and examples to back up my conclusion.

It's not about trying to play all the best teams. It's about Cal's trying to pad his record and protect his guy's draft status, by playing cupcakes.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right- you didn't say anything about this being a cupcake schedule lol. Weird thing to lie about when the posts are in this very thread.

And no one said you started the scheduling conversation- you made a comment about it, I smacked that down, you avoided replying because you knew you were wrong, and here we are.

Would make a lot of sense you being Gromcat.

Tell me the below statement has nothing to do with you thinking Cal pad's his stats by playing cupcakes?

And my point was- Cal doesn't schedule any more cupcakes or lower-tier teams than any other major program, and I had actual facts and examples to back up my conclusion.
I still didn't say it was a cupcake schedule. I explained why he schedules cupcakes. At least get peoples' sexes right if you want to start referencing them in conversation with other Cal Slurpers. Hey, smack this:

sexy pig GIF

Last edited:
That will be easy since no one liked a single post you made in this thread. Maybe I need to grab some notecards, push pins, string and a cork board. I can unravel the mystery lol
Ellie Kemper Nerd GIF by The Office

Take a peek at my profile again, Ellen. Remember to bring a notecard and pen.

Last edited:
Imagine hating Cal so much you think he schedules cupcakes to pad his stats lol.

Others have pointed it out, there's no blueblood team that doesn't schedule cupcakes from time to time.

Plus Marshall was 24-8 last year and rated 83rd. Not really sure in what world that's considered to be a "cupcake" anyways. Outside of the marquee matches in the non conference, this will be one of the better games.

Reactions: ukdesi
Imagine hating Cal so much you think he schedules cupcakes to pad his stats lol.

Others have pointed it out, there's no blueblood team that doesn't schedule cupcakes from time to time.

Plus Marshall was 24-8 last year and rated 83rd. Not really sure in what world that's considered to be a "cupcake" anyways. Outside of the marquee matches in the non conference, this will be one of the better games.

Lol exactly.

The dude is clueless.

Who said they "hated" Cal. He's a human being, there really isn't anyone I hate. But he does deserve cricitism, and he has a long way to go to prove to fans and college basketball that he's an elite coach who's concerned about winning championships before anything else.

Who said they "hated" Cal. He's a human being, there really isn't anyone I hate. But he does deserve cricitism, and he has a long way to go to prove to fans and college basketball that he's an elite coach who's concerned about winning championships before anything else.

You’re not a Uk fan, it’s obvious. The sooner you get banned, the better. Grown adults coming to message boards of teams you’re not even a fan of to start arguments screams desperate.

We are the greatest college program of all time with a Hall of Fame coach, I understand why you’re jealous. 😄

Reactions: mebeblue2
You’re not a Uk fan, it’s obvious. The sooner you get banned, the better. Grown adults coming to message boards of teams you’re not even a fan of to start arguments screams desperate.

We are the greatest college program of all time with a Hall of Fame coach, I understand why you’re jealous. 😄
he still has not gotten over the fact that Cal left Memphis for a much better program
the sooner the mods ban him again the better

I don’t have a problem with it. Playing Marshall is better than some team I’ve never even heard of. Plus they’re only a couple of hours away so there’s ‘some’ local interest.

Reactions: BradleyCrawford08

Criticism sure no doubt.

But I just don’t think the schedule is really the thing to criticize him about IMO. Compared to other teams, we play our fair share of big non conference games.

I guess one could make the argument about the other games. Like stop scheduling teams in the 300s and more teams say in the 100s but most of those times it games we are kind of tied into like the SEC/SWAC agreement or it’s a favor to people (like when Tubby came back with High Point). It’s a minor quibble tho.

Criticism sure no doubt.

But I just don’t think the schedule is really the thing to criticize him about IMO. Compared to other teams, we play our fair share of big non conference games.

I guess one could make the argument about the other games. Like stop scheduling teams in the 300s and more teams say in the 100s but most of those times it games we are kind of tied into like the SEC/SWAC agreement or it’s a favor to people (like when Tubby came back with High Point). It’s a minor quibble tho.
The problem with Cal is that he schedules cupcakes and his teams don't perform well against them like elite teams would, and he doesn't properly utilize the time to develop his guy's. These games have been used to keep tournament hopes alive rather than what they're intended for.

The problem with Cal is that he schedules cupcakes and his teams don't perform well against them like elite teams would, and he doesn't properly utilize the time to develop his guy's. These games have been used to keep tournament hopes alive rather than what they're intended for.

Im not sure. I mean sure upsets happen but I think the much larger issue has been the fact we just haven’t done well vs other top teams post 15. Someone will post the record vs Top 25 teams. It’s awful.

Cupcakes tho. I dunno. I feel like we’ve handled them about as well as any other top team. There’s been some upsets but you could find those with other top programs as well.

The main gripe I have is the sub 300 teams. Like I just feel there’s a point in all of this where we play those type of teams and we are just so much better we don’t really learn anything.

The non conference isn’t awful it’s just too heavy. Scheduling games either at the top or near the bottom when i think it’s better to schedule a bunch of 100s ranked teams instead.

But it is what it is. Cal gets a lot of criticism post 15 and rightfully so. I just don’t think this is one

We played Alice Lloyd before in an exhibition I’m pretty sure.

If you’re trying to compare Alice Lloyd to Marshall, it’s not even an argument.
I don't think UK has played Alice Lloyd, or if they have I haven't seen it on Jon Scott's website. Asbury used to play in the same conference as Alice Lloyd when they were still in the NAIA and they played UK a few years back. I know UK has played several of the NAIA state schools for their exhibition games, you'd think ALC would be on that list as well.

I don't think UK has played Alice Lloyd, or if they have I haven't seen it on Jon Scott's website. Asbury used to play in the same conference as Alice Lloyd when they were still in the NAIA and they played UK a few years back. I know UK has played several of the NAIA state schools for their exhibition games, you'd think ALC would be on that list as well.

I would have swore we scrimmaged them or something 5-7 years ago but I could be wrong, just was what my brain was telling me.. lol

ALC isn’t even D1, Marshall was ranked inside the top 100 all of last year. It makes no sense for someone to say if we play Marshall we need to play Alice Lloyd. They aren’t even in the same realm. I grew up close to ALC, they are lucky to field a team each year. They literally gain nothing from a real game against UK and vice versa for UK.

I would support playing Morehead, NKU, EKU or WKU simply because they are D1 and actually can field good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT