ADVERTISEMENT

Why not add Andrew Taylor?

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
Well, because Cal is Cal the obvious answer. 6th year guard, from Corbin, averaged 20ppg at Marshall on 36% from 3. Gives you guard depth, leadership, and a shooter off the bench. Won’t scare anyone else off. Sounds like a classic hard pass from Cal.

Well, because Cal is Cal the obvious answer. 6th year guard, from Corbin, averaged 20ppg at Marshall on 36% from 3. Gives you guard depth, leadership, and a shooter off the bench. Won’t scare anyone else off. Sounds like a classic hard pass from Cal.

The trouble with that is the fact that it's all a numbers game at this point. We don't know how many scholarships we are gonna have to attack the portal, and we won't know for some time.

Obviously if it's only 1 or 2, you're not gonna waste a scholly on a depth piece.

You mean the kid who made terrible racial comments towards black players from another school in high school and then cussed out his coach & quit at his last college? Pass.

Would you be against telling these players you have a week to let me know if your in or out?
No drawn out draft evaluation or checking the portal for more money.

In or out for next season.

That gives UK a chance to get its best roster and a chance to evaluate and recruit the entire portal.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Maybe he doesn’t want to come off the bench.

Reactions: Zissou87
Would you be against telling these players you have a week to let me know if your in or out?

That gives UK a chance to get its best roster and a chance to evaluate and recruit the entire portal.
Probably a lot of "outs" with that attitude towards players.

The guard Cal needs to snag is Tyrin Lawrence from Vandy. Quick and can shoot and can guard people. Tell our guys to shit or get off the pot so we can get some portal guys in here.

Yeah I would take a dude like that for depth.

The NCAA needs to move some of these timetables around. There should be a later date for the transfer portal. Right now the transfer portal ends May 1st. The NBA Draft deadline to withdrawal is May 29th. So 4 weeks after the transfer portal closes, that's when players have to make up their minds. No way to get a transfer a month afterwards. So we will be screwed and stuck with another short bench because of us being forced to wait on decisions. I guess we can go after more foreign players and hope the NCAA doesn't screw us again. Maybe we will get some more coaches being fired in the summer to poach their players.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
You said that like it's common knowledge.
OP knew some random 6 year mid major kid from Corbin shot 36 percent from 3, but not the rest?

Some people are just born to be in a cult. If you demonstrate you hate the same people they do, they agree and defend everything.

”Oh, you hate Cal too. Yes, we should recruit this kid I've never heard of. Hey don't accuse this genius of being duplicitous and not knowing he was kicked off his last team. I want to buy his autographed NFT of Ready Stevens lyrics.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Dobalina
You said that like it's common knowledge.
The racial comments his senior season of High School were common knowledge. He was on video on social media referring to some black players from Knox Central as a certain type of animal. He’s a POS.

He cussed Chris Jans out mid practice at Miss St and quit the team. This article is from when he was originally committed to Furman (he left there too and quit), from his social media troubles. https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...gizes-after-monkey-comments-video/1053460001/

I think I found the video…
DnYKwQ.gif

We don’t need to be looking for perfect kids, I think we sacrifice competitiveness for “high character” (you know, kids like Shaedon Sharpe 🙄) and it shows on the court. Another thing, if a guy is 5 years removed from HS and had some questionable character things, I’m trying to figure out how they’ve improved since then, and not necessarily bury them for it. Didn’t know about that stuff, but it’s the recent stuff that would be more concerning. If he really quit on Chris Jans and was a problem like that, obviously that’d be a justified hard pass.

Reactions: ib4ky
We don’t need to be looking for perfect kids, I think we sacrifice competitiveness for “high character” (you know, kids like Shaedon Sharpe 🙄) and it shows on the court. Another thing, if a guy is 5 years removed from HS and had some questionable character things, I’m trying to figure out how they’ve improved since then, and not necessarily bury them for it. Didn’t know about that stuff, but it’s the recent stuff that would be more concerning. If he really quit on Chris Jans and was a problem like that, obviously that’d be a justified hard pass.
So the racist stuff doesn’t bother you but if he was mean to the nice white man that’s a problem. Got it.

He's shown some racist tendencies and is a quitter. Double no.

That's not how you win recruits

The guard Cal needs to snag is Tyrin Lawrence from Vandy. Quick and can shoot and can guard people. Tell our guys to shit or get off the pot so we can get some portal guys in here.
I'm a big Lawrence fan but it seems like it's not going to happen for whatever reason.
We have yet to reach out to a guard better than Lawrence and he's right under our nose at Vandy.
When Cal reached out to Meechie but not Lawrence, I pretty much conceeded it wasn't going to happen.
I used to trust Cal's judgement on whether to take or not to take but idk anymore.

You mean the kid who made terrible racial comments towards black players from another school in high school and then cussed out his coach & quit at his last college? Pass.
The kid got along fine with his teammates at Marshall and seemed to have gotten past the racial stuff. My concern would be the fact that he doesn't play a lick of defense and wasn't required to under D'Antoni's system, which is why he couldn't function at MS.

Yeah, that must be it. Just out of curiosity what is the statute of limitations of being a racist before it’s ok?
Some real peaked in High School energy from you. All I said was I’d give a 23 yr old a 2nd look and not bury him for what he did when he was 17. You can try as hard as you want to try to make me feel like that’s an unreasonable take, but it isn’t.

Some real peaked in High School energy from you. All I said was I’d give a 23 yr old a 2nd look and not bury him for what he did when he was 17. You can try as hard as you want to try to make me feel like that’s an unreasonable take, but it isn’t.
He’s not a 45 year old man. He’s like 20-22. And you’re going to put him on a team that’s 80% African American and just be like “let’s roll.” I’d be surprised if you graduated high school.

He’s not a 45 year old man. He’s like 20-22. And you’re going to put him on a team that’s 80% African American and just be like “let’s roll.” I’d be surprised if you graduated high school.
I mean yeah, you don’t think he played with black players at Marshall, Morehead, and Miss St.? By the time he’s 45 I’m not sure how much he’ll have left in the tank to be a contributor for us. So you’re saying your plan to have him learn from his mistakes would be to segregate him from black people? Weird take buddy.

I mean yeah, you don’t think he played with black players at Marshall, Morehead, and Miss St.? By the time he’s 45 I’m not sure how much he’ll have left in the tank to be a contributor for us. So you’re saying your plan to have him learn from his mistakes would be to segregate him from black people? Weird take buddy.
How’d it work out at those places? You’re making this too easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT