ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook

What were some of these "insanely idiotic conspiracy theories"?
All the ones the Liberals floated.

a group of people are sitting at a table with glasses of beer

Blah blah blah. Using vague random points that have no beginning or end, using weird political names, personally insulting a fellow citizen, no accountability to the people in power in a thread where there is concrete evidence that the government quieted dissent. No disappointment in how things are handled? Argue the points directly if you’d like - I’m cool with that and will listen. There are no points in your post to discuss because you didn’t make any. If you feel like 90% is wrong - then tell me the percentage you feel were correct and backed by science and let’s start there. Try to make a point instead of vague arguments that don’t actually say anything.
I think your argument here is just further evidence that people like @DreadLox and others favor Government censorship of anyone who dares to stray from their narratives. Covid was just one of the primary examples Zuckerberg brought up. Do they also stand behind the Hunter Biden Laptop story being suppressed in that way? The Ashley Biden Diary? Anyone who brings forth evidence of voter fraud maybe? What else are they willing to suppress or censor? Do they think the Government has our best interest at heart and is the best institution to protect us from ourselves? Do they think we shouldn't be allowed to make up our own minds? Do they think the Government should be the arbiters of truth? Because that's what I see when anyone is on here defending the feds colluding with social media outlets to censor Americans and suppress true stories.

Yeah, I think my favorite was the one about injecting bleach into the human body as a means to kill covid. Whoever thought up that one is a real dumbass.

Always amazes me people can log in to Catpaw and post, so obviously have some baseline ability to use the internet, yet still fall for bullshit like thinking anyone ever told them to inject bleach. Really just don’t know how some of you people function on a daily basis.

I think your argument here is just further evidence that people like @DreadLox and others favor Government censorship of anyone who dares to stray from their narratives. Covid was just one of the primary examples Zuckerberg brought up. Do they also stand behind the Hunter Biden Laptop story being suppressed in that way? The Ashley Biden Diary? Anyone who brings forth evidence of voter fraud maybe? What else are they willing to suppress or censor? Do they think the Government has our best interest at heart and is the best institution to protect us from ourselves? Do they think we shouldn't be allowed to make up our own minds? Do they think the Government should be the arbiters of truth? Because that's what I see when anyone is on here defending the feds colluding with social media outlets to censor Americans and suppress true stories.
The antecedent of the Hunter Biden laptop was the Republican leak about the Weiner laptop that decided the 2016 election.

The provenance of the Hunter Biden laptop was rightfully considered dicey. Who in government has had the actual hard drive even now? Who can provide proof of the trail of possession?

Reactions: chroix
The antecedent of the Hunter Biden laptop was the Republican leak about the Weiner laptop that decided the 2016 election.

The provenance of the Hunter Biden laptop was rightfully considered dicey. Who in government has had the actual hard drive even now? Who can provide proof of the trail of possession?
This is a LIE.

The FBI’s failure to alert social-media companies that the Hunter Biden laptop was real, and not mere Russian disinformation, is particularly troubling. The FBI had the laptop in their possession since December 2019 and had warned social-media companies to look for a “hack and dump” operation by the Russians prior to the 2020 election. Even after Facebook specifically asked whether the Hunter Biden laptop story was Russian disinformation, Dehmlow of the FBI refused to comment, resulting in the social-media companies’ suppression of the story. As a result, millions of U.S. citizens did not hear the story prior to the November 3, 2020 election.

LINK

The Weiner laptop info was true, just inconvenient for Hillary.

I guess you could say they learned their lesson, because the efforts to obfuscate the Hunter laptop were swift and coordinated.

The Weiner laptop info was true, just inconvenient for Hillary.

I guess you could say they learned their lesson, because the efforts to obfuscate the Hunter laptop were swift and coordinated.
There was an investigation, yes, into the Weiner laptop. There was nothing there. But the revelation tipped the election.

There was nothing incriminating about Joe Biden on the Hunter Biden laptop. Lots of well-coordinated efforts. Do you know by whom?

This is a LIE.

The FBI’s failure to alert social-media companies that the Hunter Biden laptop was real, and not mere Russian disinformation, is particularly troubling. The FBI had the laptop in their possession since December 2019 and had warned social-media companies to look for a “hack and dump” operation by the Russians prior to the 2020 election. Even after Facebook specifically asked whether the Hunter Biden laptop story was Russian disinformation, Dehmlow of the FBI refused to comment, resulting in the social-media companies’ suppression of the story. As a result, millions of U.S. citizens did not hear the story prior to the November 3, 2020 election.

LINK
The provenance is dicey. Forensic analysis cannot confirm or deny the authenticity of the material.

There was an investigation, yes, into the Weiner laptop. There was nothing there. But the revelation tipped the election.

There was nothing incriminating about Joe Biden on the Hunter Biden laptop. Lots of well-coordinated efforts. Do you know by whom?
You really aren’t as smart as you think are.

Nothing incriminating about Joe?

Just 10 percent to The Big Guy, evidence of multiple meetings with foreign politicians and business people at Hunter’s request, followed by foreign money flowing through the dozens of shell accounts, and then eventually to the Bidens personally. All of which Joe had adamantly denied. So it also exposed him as an inveterate liar.

Reactions: catzcan

It was confirmed as authentic. It is the laptop from Hell for Biden. A record of foreign business dealings and corruption. And it was suppressed.

There are bank records, interviews from at least 30 witnesses, whistleblower accounts and millions of documents that substantiate it.

Do you think everybody is ignorant and stupid?

STOP LYING.

The beauty of misinformation is it only takes one little turd to spoil the whole batch.

What happened to America? Does everybody REALLY want to be censored and controlled by a totalitarian government?

Pull your head out of your ass. Jeezuzz.
You know what's funny is that these people will go to the movies and root against the bad guys in the movies, the big bad censors and tyrants but then walk outside of the theater and support it.

Reactions: catzcan and IdaCat
Hunter Biden is clearly sketch asf and there was an effort to conceal his shit by a lot of the media. Denying it is absurd at this point. The provenance questions aside the dude was 24/7 sketch and nobody would touch the stories. Whether they meant to or not it makes them complicit. Plenty of examples on the other side but a spades a spade and that spade was also a crackhead.

It was confirmed as authentic. It is the laptop from Hell for Biden. A record of foreign business dealings and corruption. And it was suppressed.

There are bank records, interviews from at least 30 witnesses, whistleblower accounts and millions of documents that substantiate it.

STOP LYING.
I said that the provenance of the laptop is dicey. It is. The nearly blind o wner of the repair shop couldn't say that Biden brought the laptop there. So, the very origin of laptop is problematic. It could be that you are confused about what "provenance" means. "a record of ownership of a work of art or an antique "

I also like the story of the discovery of the emails. "He asserted three years later that while he was copying individual files and folders from the laptop's hard drive to another device, he "saw some content that was disturbing and then also raised some red flags", including "criminality ... related to foreign business dealings, to potential money laundering and, more importantly, national security issues and concerns".

Regarding the forensics, anyone can go to the wiki article to see what the men who performed forensic work on the hard drive said. It's on the same wiki page.

Remember DARPA's Lifelog project that was basically Facebook?

Lifelog was a research project developed by DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), the U.S. Department of Defense's research arm. The goal of the project was to create a comprehensive digital record of a person’s life by capturing and storing vast amounts of data about their activities, behaviors, and interactions. The idea was to develop a system that could track and catalog everything from personal interactions and conversations to the media a person consumed, places they visited, and even physiological data such as heart rate or mood.

Lifelog Project was canceled February 4, 2004
Facebook's debut? February 4, 2004.

I said that the provenance of the laptop is dicey. It is. The nearly blind o wner of the repair shop couldn't say that Biden brought the laptop there. So, the very origin of laptop is problematic. It could be that you are confused about what "provenance" means. "a record of ownership of a work of art or an antique "
Well, the rest of us can see fine and Hunter loved recording pictures of himself smoking crack and copulating with hookers. A lot of the emails have been confirmed from the other end too.

Reactions: catzcan
This has nothing to do with Covid, but leave it to Liberals to totally ignore the story and point the finger elsewhere, I sure hope they aren't teaching their chidren not to take responsibility for ANYTHING they do wrong. All this censorship 100% was election interference !
A lady in my office was complaining the other day because her daughters school was having some sort of fundraiser by selling cookie dough. She said that all kids got to spend time on inflatables but the kids who had sold the most cookie dough was going to get to spend extra time on the inflatables. She was saying that the school was sending a message that some kids are better than others and that they should all get to play the same amount of time. I was not wanting to get called to HR so I refrained from telling her "No they are sending a message that hard work pays off and being lazy gets you nothing".

Some people would rather be at risk and free than protected in a zoo. Sadly most democrats that I know are in the second group. Theres nothing wroing with that but its becoming more and more obvious.

Freedom will always come with risk.

I also like the story of the discovery of the emails. "He asserted three years later that while he was copying individual files and folders from the laptop's hard drive to another device, he "saw some content that was disturbing and then also raised some red flags", including "criminality ... related to foreign business dealings, to potential money laundering and, more importantly, national security issues and concerns".

Regarding the forensics, anyone can go to the wiki article to see what the men who performed forensic work on the hard drive said. It's on the same wiki page.
I'll take verifiable facts from testimony before Congress over your Wiki page.

FBI ‘verified’ authenticity of Hunter Biden’s abandoned laptop in November 2019: IRS whistleblower

You really aren’t as smart as you think are.

Nothing incriminating about Joe?

Just 10 percent to The Big Guy, evidence of multiple meetings with foreign politicians and business people at Hunter’s request, followed by foreign money flowing through the dozens of shell accounts, and then eventually to the Bidens personally. All of which Joe had adamantly denied. So it also exposed him as an inveterate liar.
The oversight Committee just released its report the other day refuting @DreadLox claims.
https://oversight.house.gov/release...-joe-biden-has-committed-impeachable-conduct/

STOP LYING.
It's sheer cognitive dissonance. A refusal to believe what their own eyes and ears tell them.

The beauty of misinformation is it only takes one little turd to spoil the whole batch.
In general, if somebody posts a true lie, there will be a hundred people there to refute it or provide the evidence of it being false, and the truth will generally come to the surface. But we MUST be able to do that ourselves, come to these truths and conclusions on our own. When a Government institution intervenes and attempts to silence speech and determines what "truth" needs to be pushed, you have tyranny and Soviet level propaganda.

Relying on WIkipedia for your research of the topic? really? An very liberal organization that is just as guilty of censorship as any of the Social Media outfits?

Well, the rest of us can see fine and Hunter loved recording pictures of himself smoking crack and copulating with hookers. A lot of the emails have been confirmed from the other end too.
I'm sure Hunter Biden was the target of the exercise, too.

The leftist government is imprisoning people for simply liking unapproved memes in the UK.

France just sentenced the CEO of Telegram to 20 years in prison for not agreeing to censor and give the government access to people's data.

Is this REALLY what you want for the world? For America? What happened to so-called "liberals"?

I wake up every day grateful that we have Elon Musk standing against this tyranny.

Insanely idiotic conspiracy theories about covid deserve to be censored.
The problem with your statement is where do you start? And, in light of Zuckerburg's admission, who do we allow/trust to make the decision as to what to censor and what not to censor? Should the information from Hunter's laptop be censored? Should the role call of Epstein Island attendees be censored? Should communications between law enforcement and Big Tech/media be censored?

Was it insanely idiotic to question whether minors needed to be vaccinated even when it became apparent that they were naturally immune (well over 99% immune, in any case) to any serious symptoms? Or when many healthy teen males began having blood clots and swelling of their heart, etc.? Or the many sources that cited the huge number of adverse reactions to the vaccine and boosters that were occurring and allowed to occur when no other medication or vaccine would have been allowed such a high incidence of adverse reactions and still remain on the market?

Were the numerous physicians, virologists, scientists who spoke out against Fauci and his ilk and their radical 'solutions' for mitigating COVID idiotic conspiracy theorists? Even after much of what they said turned out to be correct? Even after Fauci himself walked back social distancing, mask wearing, etc.? Were those physicians who treated their COVID patients with early doses of ivermectin with great success in drastically reducing the chances of a severe case also idiotic conspiracy theorists?

Censorship is, for the most part, wrong for a free society. Yes, obvious hate speech or threats against another person shouldn't receive unlimited freedom. However, one man's insanely idiotic conspiracy theory can be another man's truth. As we've seen over the past 3.5 years, many of those theories that were immediately labeled as 'conspiracies' have turned out to at least be partially true. It's dangerous to censor the truth, Dan.

In general, if somebody posts a true lie, there will be a hundred people there to refute it or provide the evidence of it being false, and the truth will generally come to the surface. But we MUST be able to do that ourselves, come to these truths and conclusions on our own. When a Government institution intervenes and attempts to silence speech and determines what "truth" needs to be pushed, you have tyranny and Soviet level propaganda.

I’m with you. Just pointing out how it works.

So now we're demanding Zuckerberg be arrested for something to do with child predators?

God bless, get off social media occasionally and enjoy the last weeks of summer. Life is passing everyone by as they're online all day screaming about this and that. I don't have it in me, nor do I see how anyone does, to be pissed about everything everyday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT