ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Pope’s offense

I found a Youtube podcast while finishing up at work with some BYU media guys. One of them said Pope's big into analytics and they want nothing to do with mid-range shots. Only 3s and shots at the rim. They had a written goal to shoot at least 30 3s a game.

But he said his weakness seemed to be plays out of timeouts. We should be used to that.

Can’t win the NCAAT relying on 3s that much. Part of the reason he’s never won a game in the NCAAT. It’ll be fun to watch but won’t amount to any championships.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You got Immanuel quickley. That loves to trail the transition for a jumper. You utilize him non. Scores 3 pts and you loose to auburn. For that reason alone.

BYU points per game under Mark Pope

19/20: 13th(79.6pts)
20/21: 37th(78.1 pts)
21/22: 88th(74.3 pts)
22/23: 86th(75.5 pts)
23/24: 22nd(81.1 pts)

Watched them quite a bit this year. His offense is nice should be liked by all fans. I am hoping his defense gets better with a higher quality athlete.

Reactions: crxohio
Can’t win the NCAAT relying on 3s that much. Part of the reason he’s never won a game in the NCAAT. It’ll be fun to watch but won’t amount to any championships.
Nova won the championship taking over 47% of their shots from 3.

They also won their previous taking almost 43% of their shots from 3.

BYU took 50% of their shots from 3 this season, but that was the peak. They took 40% + or - 3% in Popes previous seasons.

Everyone says he is a complete asshole
To be around. Why would you further stack the deck on Pope. He is set up for failure as it is.
Rondo has had issues with virtually every team he’s been on. He’s had a lot of issues with coaches. I loved watching him as a player, but I don’t want him anywhere near our coaching staff regardless of who the HC is. He has no experience as a coach and his track record as a locker room cancer is troubling. He’s also been involved in some domestic issues with 2 protective orders placed against him.

As dumb as people think hiring Mark Pope is, bringing Rondo on as a coach at this point is 10x dumber.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT