ADVERTISEMENT

Mark fox

Meh…he was good at Nevada but awful at UGA and Cal. Georgetown was also terrible.

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

I’ll trust if Pope thinks it’s a good hire then let’s roll with it as long as it’s not a recruiting role.

Are we sure about that? I never remember UGA blowing me away with any scheme during his era.
His problem was always the he Jimmy’s and the Joe’s

He got annihilated by Cal’s early teams.

Fun fact. Has an overall winning record. Even had winning record at Georgia. Better than I remember. 3 NITs and 2 NCAAs in 9 years there. I think everyone respected his coaching, just not his recruiting. I'm sure he'll do some instruction in addition to NIL.

I do question how good he'd do in GM role if he's that. In my mind, part of that job is being aware of who wants to leave, who wants to stay, who wants to come. Feel like lot of the attributes of a good recruiter make GM/NIL man. He may not leave campus, but wouldn't you bring a visitor in to hear a presentation on endorsements and getting that money?

Mark Fox, the same guy people called a great coach even tho he never won and was downright awful everywhere besides Nevada and couldn’t recruit Georgia or anywhere else? Well at least he’s not connected to Cal which seems to be the main requirement to this fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT