ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Walker arrested on drug charges

These look like pretty serious charges. I don't think we have have to worry about him being released. This is more than minor possession. He'll probably be in jail before the season starts. A release is pretty much out of Stoops' hands on this one.

Reactions: nooutlet
These look like pretty serious charges. I don't think we have have to worry about him being released. This is more than minor possession. He'll probably be in jail before the season starts. A release is pretty much out of Stoops' hands on this one.
He won't serve much time imo. First offense non violent crime. Serve a couple months then put on diversion

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Give the kid a break -remember I said Kid , yes its a bad charge , if they cocaine wasnt involved if it is , if its just weed , give this young man a break , the whole NFL AND NBA smokes , WEED should be legal and it is in a bunch of states , KY is backwards , u can buy liquor and beer and drive and kill someone , no one on weed has harmed anyone to my knowledge , KID deserves a break !

Reactions: BlueTick2
Things like this bother me. Kids make mistakes, adults do to. These are pretty big mistakes, but in the SEC there is only 2-3 schools where anyone would ever hear about it and most of you know that's the truth. It gets used against us in recruiting all the time, go to Georgia and get arrested, come to AU or UT and we will handle it. If this happened at those places no one would ever hear about it. Now it's in the paper and people wanting to throw him away on his first offense. Would the feeling be the same if it was an important starter instead of a special team player?

Things like this bother me. Kids make mistakes, adults do to. These are pretty big mistakes, but in the SEC there is only 2-3 schools where anyone would ever hear about it and most of you know that's the truth. It gets used against us in recruiting all the time, go to Georgia and get arrested, come to AU or UT and we will handle it. If this happened at those places no one would ever hear about it. Now it's in the paper and people wanting to throw him away on his first offense. Would the feeling be the same if it was an important starter instead of a special team player?

He didn’t mistakenly break drug laws and rules. It’s a decision that comes with accountability. Career done

Give the kid a break -remember I said Kid , yes its a bad charge , if they cocaine wasnt involved if it is , if its just weed , give this young man a break , the whole NFL AND NBA smokes , WEED should be legal and it is in a bunch of states , KY is backwards , u can buy liquor and beer and drive and kill someone , no one on weed has harmed anyone to my knowledge , KID deserves a break !
He was charged with selling cocaine too.

This was not a mistake, but intentional. You're correct at other schools it would probably be covered up.

People aren't the ones throwing him away, he did that to himself.

Hopefully he can learn from this and have a productive life, and I hope he does.

Special teams player or major starter should not be an influence either way but get your point.

You're right. UT's turned this stuff into an art form. A former UT LB, think his name was Johnson, was arrested for rape...AFTER he used up his eligibility. RB Kelly was arrested for weed a few weeks ago...AFTER he entered the draft. Neither of these offenses would've been acted on if they still had eligibility. Has been that way at UT for decades, it'll only get worse now that Phat has wormed his way back in charge.

He didn’t mistakenly break drug laws and rules. It’s a decision that comes with accountability. Career done
I think he was implying more that the rule should be the same for all Schools and all the Players the same regardless if they are from UT,AU, OR GA,UK or STAR OR BENCH WARMER.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
C6w5C70WcAEGKCC.jpg

Reactions: UKvisitor
I have known about Marcus's side job for a couple of years and vaguely referenced it last summer, saying that he needed to get his personal life in order. The kid didn't do a great job of hiding it, the only surprise was it took this long to go public.

Not sure what rock you live under or if you just believe the Facebook hippies that say weed doesn't kill anyone. But people are killed each day from driving while high. Drugged driving deaths have surged since the 90s. gone up like 18 percentage points and almost tripled. Drunk driving deaths have decreased, while drugged driving deaths have increased.

He played in 12 of 13 games last year so what makes you think he wouldn't play this year?

Because the coaches really didn't mention him in spring practice? Because there are more talented players ahead of him, both older and younger?

We can certainly weather the loss of Walker, a highly recruited prospect who has contributed next to nothing, going into Year 4. The problem is, when something like this happens, it only gives the Tard fans more fuel to the fire. (As it they have room to talk, but such things never deter them).

We can certainly weather the loss of Walker, a highly recruited prospect who has contributed next to nothing, going into Year 4. The problem is, when something like this happens, it only gives the Tard fans more fuel to the fire. (As it they have room to talk, but such things never deter them).

At U6 this would have been covered up as most all of their issues were under Jurich.

Coke was involved... Do you think it should be legal too? He needs somebody to smack the stupid out of him!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT