ADVERTISEMENT

Rondo Arrested in Indiana

Yep. Regulate and tax the crap out of it.
This is what California and Colorado have done. Oddly, it has led to an increase in illegal weed sales. In order to compensate for the high taxes, licensed dispensaries are selling dope illegally out the back door in order to make a profit. Watch the Mariana Van Zeller "Trafficked" episode about it. Crazy.

Reactions: YardCat and UK90
This is what California and Colorado have done. Oddly, it has led to an increase in illegal weed sales. In order to compensate for the high taxes, licensed dispensaries are selling dope illegally out the back door in order to make a profit. Watch the Mariana Van Zeller "Trafficked" episode about it. Crazy.
That’s so damn weird. Alcohol is taxed and you don’t see too many illegal stills in liquor stores. (I know the hollers of the South and Southeast are still moonshine country).

Go figure.

I’ll have to try and check that out. I live in CO and have not heard nor seen that, but do know some who still grow and sell their own.

The firearms charge is a misdemeanor it seems. Which is somewhat surprising. He’s just gotta be smarter. Dude had a decent NBA career. He’s not stupid, just seems to make bad choices.
Decent career? 16 years and a championship is more than decent.

Reactions: JPFisher
Maybe dat gun was a power hitter...

MV5BMTM0MTI5MzI5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTkyODYyNA@@._V1_.jpg

The most shocking part of this story was Rondo was in a Tesla and he didn't let it drive itself.

Best response in thread. One of my all time favorite shows (both) and characters.
Yep, agreed. I just finished watching whole BB series again just last week. First time I've re-watched. Firmly believe as a combined series it is the GOAT. I'm a big Sopranos guy but the ending (not as bad as many think if they truly followed series) still isn't as good as BB and BCS.

No matter the opinions on the gun possession, it's very clearly illegal and is also a federal crime IF they want to push it.

If the feds want to pick this up, it could be a pretty bad outcome. They most surely wouldnt except it is a semi celebrity

He has attributes that made him a great player… Seems some of those same attributes could make him difficult to work with… Good luck RR.

No matter the opinions on the gun possession, it's very clearly illegal and is also a federal crime IF they want to push it.

If the feds want to pick this up, it could be a pretty bad outcome. They most surely wouldnt except it is a semi celebrity
It was two misdemeanor charges. How is it a federal crime?

You almost seem hopeful that he gets targeted by the feds.

Some weed and some guns. Two things that helped build this nation, and we're still losing our minds about them both almost 250 years later.

The whole country does. It’s ridiculous I can legally go grab a few tins of edible gummies and then drive down to Indians and have something that potentially puts me in prison for years.
NO, the whole country does NOT. Speak for yourself.

It was two misdemeanor charges. How is it a federal crime?

Misdemeanor is a state charge. His possession of a firearm while having a protective order violates 18 USC 922(g) which is a federal statute. Alone, feds don't usually choose to prosecute it however they are known to take cases against high profile people to maximize deterrence. That's their stated justification anyway.

Federally it used to be a big deal to have guns and drugs together but a few administrations ago the feds were directed to basically ignore marijuana possession unless it's in major quantities.

You almost seem hopeful that he gets targeted by the feds.

Some weed and some guns. Two things that helped build this nation, and we're still losing our minds about them both almost 250 years later.

Hardly. It sounds like an otherwise good person is going through a rough stretch.

It's called information and it doesn't vary based on the person. Again it doesn't matter how anyone feels about the subject matter, it is a crime and might be prosecuted. It is unlikely but possible.

This thread reminds me of that 70s song...Indiana wants me, Lord I can't go back there (police sirens blaring)

So you’re carrying a gun despite knowing you’re forbidden from doing so by an Emergency Protective Order …and you’re carrying weed despite knowing it’s illegal where you are. And while weaving in and out of traffic at more than 10O mph with NO LICENSE PLATE?

How can such a brilliant ballplayer be so unbelievably stupid at the rest of life?

The gun charge is more concerning than the weed charge.

It’s silly that both Kentucky and Indiana are two of the very last states to still be clinging to archaic weed laws …but that’s the sort of charge that nobody raises a fuss over nowadays.

But it’s just stupid for someone in Rondo’s position to be illegally carrying firearms. If you feel you need to be armed, then abide by the law and do it in the right way.

The gun isn’t necessary a violation in and of itself. With the illegal drugs, the gun possession becomes a problem. You can have a gun in the vehicle without a concealed carry permit.

Why do people's cars smell like weed? We have vape cartridges. We have edibles. We have pills. We have liquid. Get a new drug dealer for Christ sake.

The gun isn’t necessary a violation in and of itself. With the illegal drugs, the gun possession becomes a problem. You can have a gun in the vehicle without a concealed carry permit.
Not if you’re still subject to an emergency protective order currently forbidding you from doing so. His intentional violation of the EPO is really his biggest problem here, especially given the ridiculously stupid and reckless way he did it.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT