ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Smart on Maxey

I echo your sentiment. Unlike its predecessor, the punchlines on Kamikaze largely land on target. The section where he describes mutilating his own genitals in detail, not out of Slim Shady-esque nihilism but because he’d rather do that than listen to Lil Yachty, is genuinely funny, and you anticipate many of the rappers attacked responding with anything as potent. Moreover, he spends chunks of Kamikaze demonstrating his point about technical skill in considerable style. He sounds more alive and exigent on The Ringer or Greatest than he has in years, mocking latterday triplet flows and lyrical content before letting fly with hyperspeed bars and intricate wordplay. His alternately baffled and livid verse on Lucky Me, gradually increasing in intensity and speed, is fantastic. I dunno...JMHO.

Well said.

Reactions: MWes11
In my opinion, the reason you can't diss or kill Em is because... what can you say about him that he hasn't already said about himself? You know everything about his past because he constantly disses himself. That's the reason it is hard to really crush him. MGK's diss was decent, but it wasn't anything crazy, imo. If Em decides to put all his energy into a rebuttal, it would be over for MGK. Whether he does it or not, who knows. This is what he lives for though. Digging up your past and absolutely thrashing you. My advice... @BigKari if you want to reach out to MGK, do it soon, bc he may not be relevant for long if the GOAT decides to put all his efforts into something geared at him. (ask ja rule, benzino, mariah carey, nick cannon etc. etc. etc.)

Yes, I am an Eminem fan.

ps... never thought I would see the day a thread about a future recruit turned into a rap discussion lmao.

In my opinion, the reason you can't diss or kill Em is because... what can you say about him that he hasn't already said about himself? You know everything about his past because he constantly disses himself. That's the reason it is hard to really crush him. MGK's diss was decent, but it wasn't anything crazy, imo. If Em decides to put all his energy into a rebuttal, it would be over for MGK. Whether he does it or not, who knows. This is what he lives for though. Digging up your past and absolutely thrashing you. My advice... @BigKari if you want to reach out to MGK, do it soon, bc he may not be relevant for long if the GOAT decides to put all his efforts into something geared at him. (ask ja rule, benzino, mariah carey, nick cannon etc. etc. etc.)

Yes, I am an Eminem fan.

ps... never thought I would see the day a thread about a future recruit turned into a rap discussion lmao.

Well that makes no sense. In the past 5 years his fan base grew to be like hundreds of thousands of times bigger than when he was only known in Ohio. I don’t think you realize how big of a fan base he has overseas. And he’s toured internationally for years going to all those places and they worship him for it. So with his growing fan base and me moving on to a point in my life where I wasn’t 19 anymore and solely drawing inspiration from a rapper, I haven’t had the chance to talk to him in 5 years. If he fell off from this Eminem beef (he won’t) then wouldn’t he be way more accessible than he is now? Do you not get that “Rap Devil” is #1 on hip hop charts right now? You don’t understand how the industry works. MGK was, is, and always will be an industry outsider anyway. Just like you can’t take away Em’s legacy, nothing can destroy MGK’s career. His fans are ride or die.

Reactions: morgousky

Yes, I am an Eminem fan.

The warning was pretty good. Going back to the sauce, mgk disses Eminem used on benzino, like age is one mgk flipped on him. He does diss himself a lot about being white, ugly drug addicted, mom, etc. He said he didn’t diss him solely on his daughter, but also on a tweet he sent out. I don’t see Eminem personally calling jimmy iovine or puff daddy for that matter. I don’t know if he is that bitter to call a guy that gave him a shot through Dre, only to say don’t sign this guy. As for the you needed dre to make it big in rap devil, that’s not entirely true. Fat joe turned him down 7 times before fate intervened and Dre heard him. Point being, I don’t think Eminem was going directly for Dre, that’s just who he lucked into. He obviously helped him in his rap career though with advertising, advice, beats, etc. I’m anxious to hear the input Dre gave him as he said he has things in the works, but Dre told him some stuff was too far. Like I said, it’s a stupid beef that will drag on, I just hope it doesn’t end up like Tupac/biggie. 22 years ago yesterday was the day rap officially died for me. I like what I’ve heard from mgk, and feel he’s talented, but I’ll always have my favorites

Well that makes no sense. In the past 5 years his fan base grew to be like hundreds of thousands of times bigger than when he was only known in Ohio. I don’t think you realize how big of a fan base he has overseas. And he’s toured internationally for years going to all those places and they worship him for it. So with his growing fan base and me moving on to a point in my life where I wasn’t 19 anymore and solely drawing inspiration from a rapper, I haven’t had the chance to talk to him in 5 years. If he fell off from this Eminem beef (he won’t) then wouldn’t he be way more accessible than he is now? Do you not get that “Rap Devil” is #1 on hip hop charts right now? You don’t understand how the industry works. MGK was, is, and always will be an industry outsider anyway. Just like you can’t take away Em’s legacy, nothing can destroy MGK’s career. His fans are ride or die.

Yep. People just don't realize what EST has grown into. His base is just as loyal as Eminems and they won't go away. That's why the industry wouldnt allow Eminem to push him out, they stand tp gain way too much money from him.

Is MGK as good as E? Nope, he never claimed to be. Rap Devil just put him on another level, I'm afraid you might have some trouble getting him on the phone these days, but knowing kells, he might just answer lol. That's why I've always liked him, he doesn't pick sides, he doesn't hate on his base. That's where E has made his mistake.

1. too much hating on his base.
2. said last album he doesn't want conservatives as fans (that's a huge chunk of his base believe it or not).
3. Rap devil comes out 6 months later exposing him as an industry elite who goes outside the studio to settle a beef.

That's why he is acting like a victim with sway, seemed like he was trying to get people to feel sorry for him. It's your own fault bro.

I think he just made some mistakes in the last year that are building up and he knows it. That's the whole point in Kaze. Make up time.

E will come out and win the battle I'm sure, he's just too lyrical. But Kells will be the first guy to actually survive a war with Eminem, so to me, that's a win in and of itself. And I think it bothers the living F outa E.

Reactions: BigKari
The warning was pretty good. Going back to the sauce, mgk disses Eminem used on benzino, like age is one mgk flipped on him. He does diss himself a lot about being white, ugly drug addicted, mom, etc. He said he didn’t diss him solely on his daughter, but also on a tweet he sent out. I don’t see Eminem personally calling jimmy iovine or puff daddy for that matter. I don’t know if he is that bitter to call a guy that gave him a shot through Dre, only to say don’t sign this guy. As for the you needed dre to make it big in rap devil, that’s not entirely true. Fat joe turned him down 7 times before fate intervened and Dre heard him. Point being, I don’t think Eminem was going directly for Dre, that’s just who he lucked into. He obviously helped him in his rap career though with advertising, advice, beats, etc. I’m anxious to hear the input Dre gave him as he said he has things in the works, but Dre told him some stuff was too far. Like I said, it’s a stupid beef that will drag on, I just hope it doesn’t end up like Tupac/biggie. 22 years ago yesterday was the day rap officially died for me. I like what I’ve heard from mgk, and feel he’s talented, but I’ll always have my favorites

So you think that Kelly would make up a lie, include Puff, include industry names, and there's no truth to it?

No way.

Notice Eminem wasn't asked why he was banned from Shade45 in the first place? There's a reason Sway didn't ask him, because he would have to admit it started with his daughter. Doe anyone seriously think it took Eminem over a year to hear his Haley comment? I hope not, E was completely FOS in that interview. Total BS and damage control.

Reactions: BigKari
Here you go.. Em fires back...

This is what murder looks like, right?

Last edited:
Good to have shady back, did he just call out puff too? That's how E is supposed to sound. And thank God he's coming at these mumble rappers.

oh boy, maybe he wasnt lyin....

She's gonna get interesting.

Reactions: Fox2monk and MWes11
Good to have shady back, did he just call out puff too? That's how E is supposed to sound. And thank God he's coming at these mumble rappers.

oh boy, maybe he wasnt lyin....

She's gonna get interesting.

It’s a good feeling to have the old Shady back...you know it’s good when you have to listen a couple times to catch everything.

Eminem won the battle that everyone (including MGK himself) knew that he would win. What people don’t understand though is that Eminem isn’t making new fans from this beef. MGK’s exposure is through the roof right now, he just reached the ears of many new people. He gained fans from this. The only mistake he can make now is making another track. He got everything off his chest in “Rap Devil” and there was some hard hitting bars in there that speak for themselves. What I don’t want to see him do is attempt to go bar for bar with Eminem. Kells isn’t delusional though, he been making money rapping for 8 years, he’s not stupid. That’s longevity that very few rappers get to in the first place. Ask yourself this, “is MGK better off career-wise now than he was two weeks ago?” You’re just dead wrong if you answer no to that.

Eminem won the battle that everyone (including MGK himself) knew that he would win. What people don’t understand though is that Eminem isn’t making new fans from this beef. MGK’s exposure is through the roof right now, he just reached the ears of many new people. He gained fans from this. The only mistake he can make now is making another track. He got everything off his chest in “Rap Devil” and there was some hard hitting bars in there that speak for themselves. What I don’t want to see him do is attempt to go bar for bar with Eminem. Kells isn’t delusional though, he been making money rapping for 8 years, he’s not stupid. That’s longevity that very few rappers get to in the first place. Ask yourself this, “is MGK better off career-wise now than he was two weeks ago?” You’re just dead wrong if you answer no to that.

What ammo can MGK use if he does fire back? He pretty much emptied the clip with rap devil.

I really can’t understand the logic that somehow losing a rap battle helps one’s career. The entire basis for MGK’s theoretical newfound popularity is that he went at Eminem. Eminem making you sound like a low level knock off of himself can’t be a good thing. Sure people are now aware of him, but he will always be known as the unknown white rapper that once beefed with Eminem. Not known for his actually music.

Reactions: T.H.S Waldcat
Just waiting for Budden to fire back now and leave MGK in the dust. Budden is actually really talented.

Go look up celeb reactions to his new album hilarous when they see their name even getting dissed on it.

Yeah I actually seen a few responses from the ppl he dissed and they said they liked em and had no problem with him LOL

I tell you I listened to that Joyner Lucas track Ima have to check him out he sounds legit to me.

Joyner Lucas is very lyrical. He performed here in town over the summer and we came away very impressed.

Yes it’s a win for MGK in its own right. For sure. And Eminem can’t take his diss away, best Eminem diss ever.

I like MGK. Not a huge fan of his music today, but I like him. He doesn’t need to respond to E, because as I’m sure you know, that was a warning diss. The next one, man. MGK I respect you man but please stop.

I tell you I listened to that Joyner Lucas track Ima have to check him out he sounds legit to me.

As long as he flows. If he comes with the techno mumble BS i don’t care how lyrical he is. Make the sht sound good.

I really can’t understand the logic that somehow losing a rap battle helps one’s career. The entire basis for MGK’s theoretical newfound popularity is that he went at Eminem. Eminem making you sound like a low level knock off of himself can’t be a good thing. Sure people are now aware of him, but he will always be known as the unknown white rapper that once beefed with Eminem. Not known for his actually music.

MGK should shelf the beef and put out some hard tracks while everyone is aware of him. If he did that and produced some top tracks, he would survive and it would be worth it.

MGK was rejected by a lot of people including Eminem but still went at the rap game and won. He’s not going anywhere. Like he said, this is nothing new.

To not go the way of Rule, Z and the others he needs to exit from the stage and produce. Those guys messed up because they kept going, and in the end what you posted is what happened.

MGK should shelf the beef and put out some hard tracks while everyone is aware of him. If he did that and produced some top tracks, he would survive and it would be worth it.

MGK was rejected by a lot of people including Eminem but still went at the rap game and won. He’s not going anywhere. Like he said, this is nothing new.

To not go the way of Rule, Z and the others he needs to exit from the stage and produce. Those guys messed up because they kept going, and in the end what you posted is what happened.

Best shit I heard today is Machine gone Kelly and Machine Bun Kelly. Hahaha.

I've seen some contributing names, in this thread, that I originally thought were smart.

No more.

I've seen some contributing names, in this thread, that I originally thought were smart.

No more.

Beef? I'll go....

Shutzhund.....I remember......you called me out on my Calipari take last December......

All I said was his recruiting slipped a little...wasnt hard to comprehend at all...do you even follow basketball?

Shutzhund Mr. Beaver wit no cleaver.... still beats his wife while preferring justin Bieber.....Stop hitting her just leaver....those bruises you cant hide this- ya gonna end up charged with domestic violence.

All this chicken scratch cabbage patch baby poster with a problem ass..........yea....

You got 24 hours to respond.

Last edited:
Beef? I'll go....

Shutzhund.....I remember......you called me out on my Calipari take last December......

All I said was his recruiting slipped a little...wasnt hard to comprehend at all...do you even follow basketball?

Shutzhund Mr. Beaver wit no cleaver.... still beats his wife while preferring justin Bieber.....Stop hitting her just leaver....those bruises you cant hide dis ya gonna end up charged with domestic violence.

All this chicken scratch cabbage patch baby poster with a problem ass..........yea....

You got 24 hours to respond.

I see Em lit your fire haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT