ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Smart on Maxey

Ummm. I'm talking about the MGK diss.

giphy.gif

Ummm. I'm talking about the MGK diss.

I’m sure you already know this, but this ain’t the board to be droppin rap references. Anyway, Kells destroyed Eminem, been a fan of his for a long time he’s really paid his dues and deserves the attention. He needs to put out a new album ASAP while he’s still in the headlines.

Reactions: morgousky
I’m sure you already know this, but this ain’t the board to be droppin rap references. Anyway, Kells destroyed Eminem, been a fan of his for a long time he’s really paid his dues and deserves the attention. He needs to put out a new album ASAP while he’s still in the headlines.

Been a huge MGK fan since his mixtape days and lace up. I stopped a little a few years back once he mainstreamed out a little, I like it hard (no homo) and a lot of the rap today has kind of turned soft. But everyone that's freakin out talking about "I didn't know Kells could go this hard" must have missed a lot of his original shit. He's been capable of this the entire time, he needs to return to his old ways but unfortunately for whatever reason, most people want rap to help'm relax a female instead of spittin. I'm just the opposite. Like eminem said, it's straight just not for me though.

Eminem has a problem right now for the first time in his career. I honestly do not believe he thought MGK was gonna do this, Eminem has become extremely conceited and even for long time E fans, some of us are enjoying it. MGK said your f'n daughter was hot man, and she IS. You've said way worse, why try and end a cool dude like him and his career? People like MGK, even E's people. I just never understood why he chose him to take a dump on.

I've always wondered when MGK was gonna have enough of his sht. Wait 6 years after trying to end his career and when he makes it in spite of you, you're gonna try and throw shade and hurt his rep? That's BS man.

The only thing is, MGK better hunker down. He can't flow with E especially in a battle, he doesn't have the lyrical ability. But that's what made the diss so perfect, he basically conceded that, but said you're still just a rich sellout b*****. I'm kind of scared for MGK in a way but E cant kill him, he already tried, couldn't do it.

I wouldn't have brought trick trick into it though. You dont want all of the original Detroit boys and E on ya. Just waiting to see how this is gonna go.

Reactions: BigKari
Too bad Em is going to end his career.

Eminem has a problem right now for the first time in his career. I honestly do not believe he thought MGK was gonna do this

No, I don’t think it’s any different than the others he’s had a beef with in the past. The difference is he’s not 26 anymore or in his 30s for that matter. I have no doubt Eminem will come up with something, but it’s a stupid beef. Eminem claims there is more to it but the rest of the story isn’t out yet. The one thing you don’t do is mention his daughter period even if you’re 21 and she’s 16, ask ja rule. You can also look at it as Eminem not turning the other cheek and letting it go as the guy has tried to apologize but that won’t happen. As for diss tracks, I don’t think it’s better than say no vasoline, hit em up, hell even the sauce. I understand both sides of the argument, I just don’t see why this can’t be squashed after 6 years.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I had never heard of him tbh, but my rap days ended with Eminem as he was the last of a dying breed. Sure I get Kendrick and the guys of today, but I grew up on the 90s too, which in my opinion is goat. Btw 22 years ago tomorrow we lost the greatest.

Sorry to hijack the thread op. I am looking forward to Maxey also

Last edited:

Been a huge MGK fan since his mixtape days and lace up. I stopped a little a few years back once he mainstreamed out a little, I like it hard (no homo) and a lot of the rap today has kind of turned soft. But everyone that's freakin out talking about "I didn't know Kells could go this hard" must have missed a lot of his original shit. He's been capable of this the entire time, he needs to return to his old ways but unfortunately for whatever reason, most people want rap to help'm relax a female instead of spittin. I'm just the opposite. Like eminem said, it's straight just not for me though.

Eminem has a problem right now for the first time in his career. I honestly do not believe he thought MGK was gonna do this, Eminem has become extremely conceited and even for long time E fans, some of us are enjoying it. MGK said your f'n daughter was hot man, and she IS. You've said way worse, why try and end a cool dude like him and his career? People like MGK, even E's people. I just never understood why he chose him to take a dump on.

I've always wondered when MGK was gonna have enough of his sht. Wait 6 years after trying to end his career and when he makes it in spite of you, you're gonna try and throw shade and hurt his rep? That's BS man.

The only thing is, MGK better hunker down. He can't flow with E especially in a battle, he doesn't have the lyrical ability. But that's what made the diss so perfect, he basically conceded that, but said you're still just a rich sellout b*****. I'm kind of scared for MGK in a way but E cant kill him, he already tried, couldn't do it.

I wouldn't have brought trick trick into it though. You dont want all of the original Detroit boys and E on ya. Just waiting to see how this is gonna go.

Saw MGK perform here in town a few years ago and Kells gave a helluva performance but yeah I’ve been patiently waiting on Em’s response.

Also got to see Em perform last year at Coachella.

Yeah most on this board had no clue what you were talking about. I’m very anxious to see what Em comes back with with MGK went at his head. It will likely be epic

MGK is all right but that diss wasn't great. When the entire rap industry won't diss Em its because they know he will destroy them. MGK will get his.

Reactions: Col. Angus

Confused_Urkel.0.gif

He tried for 6 years to end his career, MGK has a huge following (EST). They will never stop listening to him and since the industry didn't snuff him out already, there's no way E will end him.

Will E win the war? Probably.
MGK is all right but that diss wasn't great. When the entire rap industry won't diss Em its because they know he will destroy them. MGK will get his.

Bro come on. I've been as big of a E head as you'll get but he smoked him on that track. Eminem will probably win the war but he underestimated Kelly and he won't do to him what he did to JR, BZ, or ICP. Kelly can actually keep up , E needed this though. His hypocritical B.S. needed to be called out. I'm hoping for more Shady from here on out. We can't just support him because he's eminem, he needs to stop his B.S. and bring it.

Had no idea this would be hijacked my bad. As for the OP I uh, I agree.

Reactions: BigKari
He tried for 6 years to end his career, MGK has a huge following (EST). They will never stop listening to him and since the industry didn't snuff him out already, there's no way E will end him.

Will E win the war? Probably.

Bro come on. I've been as big of a E head as you'll get but he smoked him on that track. Eminem will probably win the war but he underestimated Kelly and he won't do to him what he did to JR, BZ, or ICP. Kelly can actually keep up , E needed this though. His hypocritical B.S. needed to be called out. I'm hoping for more Shady from here on out. We can't just support him because he's eminem, he needs to stop his B.S. and bring it.

Had no idea this would be hijacked my bad. As for the OP I uh, I agree.
Eminem is releasing in multiple parts an interview with Sway (Part 2 released tonight). It’s a good chance to get briefly into eminem’s psyche and understand a little what his mindset is/was. He specifically talks about his conflict regarding responding to disses vs. making guys famous. Say what you want but a lot of people only know of MGK because of his beef with Eminem. Interestingly, and not sure how true, Eminem says he recorded “Not Alike” in response to MGK’s sublim with Tech9 rather than his comments on Hailey. I agree that MGK’s following will stick stick with, but all these new ears he’s attracted will be very disappointed when they hear his actual tracks. I also think that a motivated, energized Eminem is still the GOAT and will win any lyrical war.

Eminem is releasing in multiple parts an interview with Sway (Part 2 released tonight). It’s a good chance to get briefly into eminem’s psyche and understand a little what his mindset is/was. He specifically talks about his conflict regarding responding to disses vs. making guys famous. Say what you want but a lot of people only know of MGK because of his beef with Eminem. Interestingly, and not sure how true, Eminem says he recorded “Not Alike” in response to MGK’s sublim with Tech9 rather than his comments on Hailey. I agree that MGK’s following will stick stick with, but all these new ears he’s attracted will be very disappointed when they hear his actual tracks. I also think that a motivated, energized Eminem is still the GOAT and will win any lyrical war.

I agree about his current albums. I've listened to him for nearly a decade, his early mixtapes and lace up is legit. He did what they all do, went off the rails a bit to appease this new way. I hate it because some of these guys can really go if rap would just return to the glory days. Hopefully MGK will go back to his original way now that more people are paying attention. But people saying MGK isn't as good as he is on the diss track have never heard him before these last few years. I was more glad to hear him smoke a track than the diss itself. It's been a while.

Eminem will win the lyrical war, but MGK already basically addressed that. Eminem will need to bring some facts to the table to win it. I fully expect him to, but MGK wont go anywhere. E cant erase this one.

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/eminem...term=article&utm_content=59636#commentSection

Just watched part 3 coming out soon

I agree about his current albums. I've listened to him for nearly a decade, his early mixtapes and lace up is legit. He did what they all do, went off the rails a bit to appease this new way. I hate it because some of these guys can really go if rap would just return to the glory days. Hopefully MGK will go back to his original way now that more people are paying attention. But people saying MGK isn't as good as he is on the diss track have never heard him before these last few years. I was more glad to hear him smoke a track than the diss itself. It's been a while.

Eminem will win the lyrical war, but MGK already basically addressed that. Eminem will need to bring some facts to the table to win it. I fully expect him to, but MGK wont go anywhere. E cant erase this one.

Eminem vs. MGK is like Illinois trying to beef with UK.

That is because Eminem, as you well know, is the modern day Shakespeare....

I mean Eminem is arguably the GOAT. The best lyricist sure. Kamikaze is pretty good but his whole SJW movement the last 2 Albums is just major cringe and he only released this most recent surprise album bc revival was $hit and people were calling him on it.

I did like how he dissed lil pump and lil xan who are absolutely God awful rappers

MGK’s diss was pretty good.

giphy.gif

I mean Eminem is arguably the GOAT. The best lyricist sure. Kamikaze is pretty good but his whole SJW movement the last 2 Albums is just major cringe and he only released this most recent surprise album bc revival was $hit and people were calling him on it.

I did like how he dissed lil pump and lil xan who are absolutely God awful rappers

MGK’s diss was pretty good.

I echo your sentiment. Unlike its predecessor, the punchlines on Kamikaze largely land on target. The section where he describes mutilating his own genitals in detail, not out of Slim Shady-esque nihilism but because he’d rather do that than listen to Lil Yachty, is genuinely funny, and you anticipate many of the rappers attacked responding with anything as potent. Moreover, he spends chunks of Kamikaze demonstrating his point about technical skill in considerable style. He sounds more alive and exigent on The Ringer or Greatest than he has in years, mocking latterday triplet flows and lyrical content before letting fly with hyperspeed bars and intricate wordplay. His alternately baffled and livid verse on Lucky Me, gradually increasing in intensity and speed, is fantastic. I dunno...JMHO.

I echo your sentiment. Unlike its predecessor, the punchlines on Kamikaze largely land on target. The section where he describes mutilating his own genitals in detail, not out of Slim Shady-esque nihilism but because he’d rather do that than listen to Lil Yachty, is genuinely funny, and you anticipate many of the rappers attacked responding with anything as potent. Moreover, he spends chunks of Kamikaze demonstrating his point about technical skill in considerable style. He sounds more alive and exigent on The Ringer or Greatest than he has in years, mocking latterday triplet flows and lyrical content before letting fly with hyperspeed bars and intricate wordplay. His alternately baffled and livid verse on Lucky Me, gradually increasing in intensity and speed, is fantastic. I dunno...JMHO.

Kaze was definitely a better album than he's been releasing. But it still largely sucked in its entirety. The few songs that he really hit hard bailed the album out, but he's still not able to get back to his glory day. He's still the best and anytime he raps he's the GOAT, simply because of his talented ability. But it's talent alone that's carrying him right now, I think the MGK beef is good for him. Enough of the weird beats and off rhythm BS.

The interview didn't do him many favors imo. MGK hit you hard and so far your response has been a yes man interview with softball questions and no follow ups. Sway works for E lol.

He basically just whined and mislead but that's E. Biggest hypocrite in the room. No one cares if you don't have the time to respond. No one cares about your excuses, you've made a living off of roasting everyone around you and when someone hits back you have an interview? E has some serious narcissism issues but again, that's E.

MGK would not have said what he said if it wasnt true. He's not going to invoke guys as big as Puff and lie about a conversation. E was busted, he's not handling it well. He was trying to do what he's always done, destroy his career and yes it was over the Haley comment. I followed the entire situation back then, it was well known. MGK was the first guy he couldn't shelf and now He's bitter about the situation. He needs to get with it because lately he's hurt his excellent career.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

“Bad Things” was totally a sell out song, but at least it worked and he had a huge hit out of it. The thing is he still puts out underground stuff for his real fan base. Around the time of “Bad Things” he had put out “Dopeman” and “Young Man” and those are just straight up street cuts that were absolute bangers. I’m just proud of MGK man.

I was on a first name basis with him back in the day, when I would go to shows where there were 100 people there. He had his fans phone numbers and would call (private, so it’s not like I had his number) to thank us for supporting him and sharing his stufff all the time on social media. I remember his personal FB page “Kells Mgk Baker”, you could comment on his stuff and he would almost always reply. Him being 19-20 years old and I was a year younger and just seeing a guy who was just like me become famous, he honestly did so much for my confidence back then. It’s been many years since I last talked to him, and it’s honestly surreal to see where he’s at now. Would love to talk to him again sometime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT