ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Reneau, five-star basketball recruit, decommits from Florida

Sure he can. All he has to do is have enough talent next year to make a very deep run in the NCAA tourney. And it looks to me like he has an excellent chance of doing just that, sure looks promising right now, but keep trying, you might be able to hurt some of the momentum. He does have a little experience as a competent coach. Maybe you or some of the yahoos on here could do better, but what do you think the chances are of that happening? Slim and none?

Don't give up your day job.

You sound a little fixated on Cal... Any reason? The poster you responded to like you would a child has a job and a good one. Kind of the rock of Gibraltar type "job". Any who'd post to him like you did outs themselves quickly as disrespectful and not to be taken seriously.

Personally, I thought Bitchie Bitchers was pretty creative. :)

Quite a bit more creative than "oh yeah?! Meet me at the gas station parking lot at 8:30 if you're so tough!" (or something like that came out of your mouth earlier today...)
I guess you’re a member of the “head up assers” then.

We are sitting here with a chance to have, next year. Oscar. Sharpe. Two top ten commits. More top recruits. Several top upside returners. The chance of getting some top portal newcomers that might like playing for a players first coach.

And some dummies want to fire Cal and take a chance on losing all these players? And there is no chance in hell that all the negativity or uncertainty (there isn't any about Cal. really) can help our program.

Some of our fans are just stupid, the only explanation I can think of. Now if you are one of the stupid ones step up and identify yourself.
You’ve done quite well introducing yourself as one of the imbeciles. Mommy must be so proud.

You sound a little fixated on Cal... Any reason? The poster you responded to like you would a child has a job and a good one. Kind of the rock of Gibraltar type "job". Any who'd post to him like you did outs themselves quickly as disrespectful and not to be taken seriously.
I have no idea what kind of job he has, and don't care. and I doubt if it pays more than Cal makes , or has as much influence or respect. I am disrespectful to posters on here that are disrespectful to Cal, not because I am in love with him but because I am in love with UK sports and want it to do well. And yes, I do think that anyone that thinks we should get rid of Cal is foolish, there is an excellent chance he will have some awesome talent next year AND we will do great with it. The NIL evens the playing field quite a bit and the new transfer rules help us quite a bit also. And one of the big complaints, that he is too much of a player first coach should be a big advantage instead of a hindrance with the new rules. And I don't think someone forgets all they know when they reach 60; maybe some physical attributes but they don't necessarily forget how to tie their shoes.

UK was put in position to make a lot of shots that they could have made this year but didn't, he didn't miss those shots, the players did. Hard to say why they fell apart, maybe injuries but who knows. Get rid of him now when we could have more talent than almost anyone next year, even the cheaters. Just start all over again.

And anyone that thinks they are going to persuade our AD to fire him IS just being foolish. But you might be able to hurt recruiting a tiny bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: YouKay
You’ve done quite well introducing yourself as one of the imbeciles. Mommy must be so proud.
My mom died a long time ago, at 86, but yes, I don't think I ever really did anything she would have been ashamed of. Speaking of imbeciles, what do you hope to accomplish on here? I have a BSEE from UK with membership in Tau Beta Pi and Eta Kappa Nu engineering Honor Societies, how about you?

Two sterling posts in a row, I doubt if your Mom would be proud but I'm sure you are.

How about arguing with the facts in the post instead of your dumb insults?

As Cal defenders do like to point out, he ain't getting fired. That's just a fact. So what is a pissed on fan vase supposed to do. We are tired of being pissed on by Cal, and his none and dones, and constant roster turn over, with little results. This is UK. We don't hang bread banners or participation trophies. We hang championship banners. And for several years, we have damn few to hang.

We are tired of getting backdoored on inbound plays while we have none. Don't even start about sets to free up our shooters. We are tired of ending the game with time outs in Cals pocket, ( along with his $9 mill. paycheck) We are tired of waiting til next year because we're too young but when next year arrives, the roster has turned over. We're tired of not being able to throw it in the ocean while stand in a boat, of not being able to defend man to man when that's the only defense you will use, of not being able to take your own guy off the dribble. Of all the stupid Cal-isms. Of not caring about winning, or tradition, or even pride. Cal has lost to Robert Morris, Evansville, and St. Peter's to just name a few.

CAL IS NOT LEAVING OR ADAPTING, AND THE ONLY THING WE GAVE LEFT IS TO MAkE IT SO UGLY, SO UNBEARABLE, HE LEAVES OF HIS OWN VOLITION.

We don't want it this way. He wants it this way. Well... he gets it. Some men just can't be reached. ( apologies to Strother Martin)

Rant over.

I have no idea what kind of job he has, and don't care. and I doubt if it pays more than Cal makes , or has as much influence or respect. I am disrespectful to posters on here that are disrespectful to Cal, not because I am in love with him but because I am in love with UK sports and want it to do well. And yes, I do think that anyone that thinks we should get rid of Cal is foolish, there is an excellent chance he will have some awesome talent next year AND we will do great with it. The NIL evens the playing field quite a bit and the new transfer rules help us quite a bit also. And one of the big complaints, that he is too much of a player first coach should be a big advantage instead of a hindrance with the new rules. And I don't think someone forgets all they know when they reach 60; maybe some physical attributes but they don't necessarily forget how to tie their shoes.

UK was put in position to make a lot of shots that they could have made this year but didn't, he didn't miss those shots, the players did. Hard to say why they fell apart, maybe injuries but who knows. Get rid of him now when we could have more talent than almost anyone next year, even the cheaters. Just start all over again.

And anyone that thinks they are going to persuade our AD to fire him IS just being foolish. But you might be able to hurt recruiting a tiny bit.

His job is life and he is very good at it. He is top notch, nearly the best poster on this site.

As Cal defenders do like to point out, he ain't getting fired. That's just a fact. So what is a pissed on fan vase supposed to do. We are tired of being pissed on by Cal, and his none and dones, and constant roster turn over, with little results. This is UK. We don't hang bread banners or participation trophies. We hang championship banners. And for several years, we have damn few to hang.

We are tired of getting backdoored on inbound plays while we have none. Don't even start about sets to free up our shooters. We are tired of ending the game with time outs in Cals pocket, ( along with his $9 mill. paycheck) We are tired of waiting til next year because we're too young but when next year arrives, the roster has turned over. We're tired of not being able to throw it in the ocean while stand in a boat, of not being able to defend man to man when that's the only defense you will use, of not being able to take your own guy off the dribble. Of all the stupid Cal-isms. Of not caring about winning, or tradition, or even pride. Cal has lost to Robert Morris, Evansville, and St. Peter's to just name a few.

CAL IS NOT LEAVING OR ADAPTING, AND THE ONLY THING WE GAVE LEFT IS TO MAkE IT SO UGLY, SO UNBEARABLE, HE LEAVES OF HIS OWN VOLITION.

We don't want it this way. He wants it this way. Well... he gets it. Some men just can't be reached. ( apologies to Strother Martin)

Rant over.
Good luck with that, LOL.

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
My mom died a long time ago, at 86, but yes, I don't think I ever really did anything she would have been ashamed of. Speaking of imbeciles, what do you hope to accomplish on here? I have a BSEE from UK with membership in Tau Beta Pi and Eta Kappa Nu engineering Honor Societies, how about you?
You really want to compare backgrounds? OK, I’ll bite. LOL. B.S. in Business Management and Economics in 1984 from WKU. Graduated Summa Cum Laude. M.B.A. In 1986 from WKU (also over 3.8 GPA). Numerous honor societies. Attended the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) where I became a U.S. Special Agent. Graduated # 1 in my class (technically tied for # 1). Worked almost 30 years as a Special Agent and retired 12-31-2018. What did we accomplish with this? Inquiring minds need to know.

So if a guy was the coach at Kentucky for 20 years, and had 1 final four (3 fewer than Cal) and 1 national title (same as Cal), you would be happy?

Because that's Scott Drew's resume.

How about Bill Self at Kansas? Would you take his resume at Kentucky? Because they f'kin LOVE Bill Self...and he hasn't done what Cal has done in fewer years at Kentucky.

But talk about how WE'RE pathological? You crew are straight certifiable lmao.
The only thing Self has over Cal is that his AD lets him cheat and our AD leans over backwards to avoid any appearance of cheating. A big difference.

Last edited:
You really want to compare backgrounds? OK, I’ll bite. LOL. B.S. in Business Management and Economics in 1984 from WKU. Graduated Summa Cum Laude. M.B.A. In 1986 from WKU (also over 3.8 GPA). Numerous honor societies. Attended the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) where I became a U.S. Special Agent. Graduated # 1 in my class (technically tied for # 1). Worked almost 30 years as a Special Agent and retired 12-31-2018. What did we accomplish with this? Inquiring minds need to know.
OK, I will bite.

I was valedictorian of my (small) high school class, made straight A's my first two years in college, and never made anything except A's in 4.5 years of college in all my classes except engineering/math classes. How did you do in Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, Thermodynamics, Solid State Physics, Boolean Algebra, Solid State Physics, Theory of Equations, etc?

Enough of boring our other posters, it's supposed to be a sports blog, not a bragging contest, I am ashamed of my bragging, lots smarter fans than I am posting on here.

Last edited:
OK, I will bite.

I was valedictorian of my (small) high school class, made straight A's my first two years in college, and never made anything except A's in 4.5 years of college in all my classes except engineering/math classes. How did you do in Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, Thermodynamics, Solid State Physics, Boolean Algebra, Solid State Physics, Theory of Equations, etc?

Enough of boring our other posters, it's supposed to be a sports blog, not a bragging contest, I am ashamed of my bragging, lots smarter fans than me on here.
And yet you continued doing it.

YAY!! Let’s get a bunch of 6 stars so Cal can REALLY show how bad of a coach he is (again)!!!!
Are you going to do this until we win a championship? I mean none of us are happy losing in the first round to a 15 seed. None of us are happy going 9-16. Saying that can we talk basketball and recruiting without every GD thread being hijacked? We get Oscar back " But Cals the coach" You guys are ruining this board. Stop hijacking threads. Don't come at me with Cal apologist either, I just want to discuss without every thread pissing and moaning

Reactions: jauk11
Jay Wright went 18 years with 1 final four and no title.

He wouldn't have been able to EVEN BE HERE for years 18 and 20 when he won his titles, we would have run him off long before that happened.

Jay Wright would come here, not go to a final four in his first 3 or 4 years and we would be calling for his head. It's just a fact.

We don't have the patience that Villanova, Baylor, Gonzaga, etc. fans had to have to wait for their success.

Wright had to rebuild Villanova and done well doing it.

-Wright doesn't currently have to rebuild UK. He might win a title every few years or better since he's a pretty darn good coach. (Not that he'd come here.) He's a media darling at Nova.

-Self wouldn't have to cheat to win titles here. (Not that he would stop cheating.) Same level of recruiting or better and he could win titles more regularly, but head of compliance would probably walk.

-Drew... see Wright, above. (Would he want to leave the relatively small pond behind for a program the NCAA, their officiating, and the SEC, and their officiating despises?) He's a media darling where he is now.

-Few... see Drew and Wright, above.

The money, the program, the challenge, and prestige would be the reason someone would want to come here and face the wrath and expectations of the NCAA AND fans. It takes a special coach to do that, or one that has their own agenda regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Cal is still going to win games. He's still going to have us competing. We just won't likely win a title again while he's coach unless he changes his philosophy, expands his coaching and development of players, and somehow learns to go deeper into his bench (use it as motivation) without punishing kids from in-state for loving the program.

There's too much of the game he's ignoring currently. Might as well tie one of each of the players' hands behind their backs for at least 6min or more per game the way he's doing it now. When you're already playing 5 on 6 or 7, that's not going to get it done.

If he can't commit to those changes, I'd hope he moves on. If he does, I'll back him another year to see if he's capable of it.

Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
Let's go back to the days of Tubby and BCG!! Ahhh!!!

Or how about Jay Wright who has 3 final fours in 21 seasons.

Or Tom Izzo who has 1 title in 30 years.

Or Scott Drew who has been to 1 final four....ever.

Or Bruce Pearl who has 1 Final Four...ever.

Seriously...who takes Cal's place since you want him gone so bad?! Who out there has a better resume than him?
I would rather have Tubby, never had a losing season, never went to NIT, never gave up our historic records, and he has same number of titles.

Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
What if Oscar comes back, good chance of it? Sharpe stays, possible. We get more talent than the two top ten we ALREADY have. How did Cal find some transfers last year that wanted to play at a great basketball school that puts the players first, they don't have to sit a year now. How about some transfers to fill in the holes?
The fact that we are even talking about hoping Sharpe returns is a joke. That’s the main issue.

You still didn't bring anything about fighting. There won't be any fight because that guy won't show he's all mouth. But I'll call his bluff.
You called the bluff and now everyone is piling on. Funny how the dynamic changes. I wouldn't sweat it.

You called the bluff and now everyone is piling on. Funny how the dynamic changes. I wouldn't sweat it.
I don't sweat any of this it's just a message board. I fart in everyone's general direction. That guy is troll that's been banned a hundred times from what I have read on here and I don't doubt it. He is all mouth.

And yet you continued doing it.
I got started because you called me an imbecile after a fact filled post. Optimists live longer, I have already proved that, LOL. Too optimistic for you, but just facts.

Since you graduated from WKU who were you rooting for when we played them in 2012 and 2013?

Last edited:
I got started because you called me an imbecile after a fact filled post. Optimists live longer, I have already proved that, LOL. Too optimistic for you, but just facts.

Since you graduated from WKU who were you rooting for when we played them in 2012 and 2013?
The Cats. I’ve been a Cat fan way longer than a WKU fan. Bet that just chaps your ass.

Source? I don' think many on here are claiming he is a lock to come back, but how do you KNOW he isn't?
Well for one all the articles now claiming that UK doesn’t feel good about it now, Calipari himself changing from he’s leading us next year to now he has to look at the draft. Sharpe himself saying he would 100% be back but is now looking at t the draft. Every insider on Twitter is saying he leaves now and most mock drafts have him top 5 minimum. When have we every had a lottery pick return when they could leave, let alone a potential overall #1?

The Cats. I’ve been a Cat fan way longer than a WKU fan. Bet that just chaps your ass.
Was I talking to you, do you post under two names, Sure looks like it.

I like UK fans, just not ones that run down the teams. I even try to support the coaches, who do you suggest we replace Cal with, Coach K? What do you think it would do to the talent next year, which is looking very good to me right now, with the talent coming back and maybe a transfer or two. But ignore that, and be a pessimist if you like, but Cal will be here no matter how much you gripe. Which doesn't help anything and maybe hurts the class coming in a bit

Well for one all the articles now claiming that UK doesn’t feel good about it now, Calipari himself changing from he’s leading us next year to now he has to look at the draft. Sharpe himself saying he would 100% be back but is now looking at t the draft. Every insider on Twitter is saying he leaves now and most mock drafts have him top 5 minimum. When have we every had a lottery pick return when they could leave, let alone a potential overall #1?
Strange things happen, who knows, they won't starve if he comes back and his dad should know what kind of coach AND person Cal is. Everyone seemed to think we had a great shot if he came here for a semester, did it hurt our chances of getting him? Maybe some of the super critical fans did, who knows, and he isn't gone yet.

Was I talking to you, do you post under two names, Sure looks like it.

I like UK fans, just not ones that run down the teams. I even try to support the coaches, who do you suggest we replace Cal with, Coach K? What do you think it would do to the talent next year, which is looking very good to me right now, with the talent coming back and maybe a transfer or two. But ignore that, and be a pessimist if you like, but Cal will be here no matter how much you gripe. Which doesn't help anything and maybe hurts the class coming in a bit
Ah, yeah, you were talking to me. You quoted my post and asked me a question.. You have a stroke?

• Haha
Reactions: MbergCat

Rant over.
this is exactly the truth
CCC cares nothing about the fans, UK's tradition or the university and especially Coach Rupp.
In addition to lack of coaching ability mentioned above, let's not forget that UK has now bee passed
by Kansas as the all time winningest college program, UK's streak of 3 point shots made in games,
was broken and the tremendous season last year, the worst in UK history & just for a little topping
a horrible loss in the 1st round of the NCAA to a 15th seed, which also played a zone & UK was lost.
His arrogance is only exceed by his inability to coach. His recruiting has slid as Duke dominates him
on and off the court.
Maybe the fans would be a little more forgiving if he had won the NCAA his 1st with the best team in
the country, but Huggy bear threw up a zone & CCC had absolutely no clue how to attach it. This loss
despite the fact that WVU's best player was out with an injury. Maybe the fans would have more
sympathy if he had won the title in 2015 with again the most talented team in college by far. Yet
again his prime coaching inability caused another big time loss.
And in case you forgot Duke won the titles both years.
So instead of backing up his "gold standard" and "UK eats first" statements, UK is now a laughing stock due to the last 2 seasons. Now throw in the shady deal with Sharpe & his handlers, and you should be able to see
just why the fans have had enough. Instead of signing the 5* recruits he so dearly covets, he is now
resigned to picking from transfers, of which only Oscar has actually lived up to their hype.
Just really can't understand how anyone can objectively look at the facts and not see that UK is in a
steep decline under CCC's guidance. Yet he is paid 9 million a year to produce a 1st class product on
and off the court, not an nba training camp

this is exactly the truth
CCC cares nothing about the fans, UK's tradition or the university and especially Coach Rupp.
In addition to lack of coaching ability mentioned above, let's not forget that UK has now bee passed
by Kansas as the all time winningest college program, UK's streak of 3 point shots made in games,
was broken and the tremendous season last year, the worst in UK history & just for a little topping
a horrible loss in the 1st round of the NCAA to a 15th seed, which also played a zone & UK was lost.
His arrogance is only exceed by his inability to coach. His recruiting has slid as Duke dominates him
on and off the court.
Maybe the fans would be a little more forgiving if he had won the NCAA his 1st with the best team in
the country, but Huggy bear threw up a zone & CCC had absolutely no clue how to attach it. This loss
despite the fact that WVU's best player was out with an injury. Maybe the fans would have more
sympathy if he had won the title in 2015 with again the most talented team in college by far. Yet
again his prime coaching inability caused another big time loss.
And in case you forgot Duke won the titles both years.
So instead of backing up his "gold standard" and "UK eats first" statements, UK is now a laughing stock due to the last 2 seasons. Now throw in the shady deal with Sharpe & his handlers, and you should be able to see
just why the fans have had enough. Instead of signing the 5* recruits he so dearly covets, he is now
resigned to picking from transfers, of which only Oscar has actually lived up to their hype.
Just really can't understand how anyone can objectively look at the facts and not see that UK is in a
steep decline under CCC's guidance. Yet he is paid 9 million a year to produce a 1st class product on
and off the court, not an nba training camp
Is that all you have to say? Last year wasn't that bad until we had a couple of injuries and we were surprised by an underrated St Peters team, primarily because the whole team besides Oscar forgot how to shoot the basketball. I am optimistic about next year with the talent we should have and the new transfer rules, AND our player first coach. Gripe on, you are wasting your time and maybe hurting the team.

Beter rules for a school that doesn't pay their players illegally one of the biggest cheaters won, while we have to stay squeaky clean. A lot of teams are taking advantage of the incompetent NCAA. Even when they do something it is way too late, LSU a prime example, still wonder what will happen to Kansas, if anything.

Ah, yeah, you were talking to me. You quoted my post and asked me a question.. You have a stroke?
No my computer did, got a new one, now I have to buy a interface. Now i see it all, you started posting with terrible posts criticizing a poster as a "head up assers" and calling me an imbecile. Classy for someone as educated as you are supposed to be..

No my computer did, got a new one, now I have to buy a interface. Now i see it all, you started posting with terrible posts criticizing a poster as a "head up assers" and calling me an imbecile. Classy for someone as educated as you are supposed to be..
Your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. You don’t even know who you respond to,or ask questions of. Wake up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT