ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Reneau, five-star basketball recruit, decommits from Florida

Let's go back to the days of Tubby and BCG!! Ahhh!!!

Or how about Jay Wright who has 3 final fours in 21 seasons.

Or Tom Izzo who has 1 title in 30 years.

Or Scott Drew who has been to 1 final four....ever.

Or Bruce Pearl who has 1 Final Four...ever.

Seriously...who takes Cal's place since you want him gone so bad?! Who out there has a better resume than him?
This is what I keep asking. There is no one with a better track record in the last 10 years even.

Nah, I'm a realist and clearly more emotionally mature than the 62 or so moaners that have not left Rafters since last Thursday night.

But hey, feel good about yourself, Missy - dudes here LOVE mouthy chicks that are UK fans and agree with them. You're about to get 20+ likes from that little crew of misery! :)
62 people? Not buying that. Who are they?

9-16 followed up by St. Peter it doesn't matter who we sign as long as Cal is the coach some people on here are dense. You can whine and cry about it but it's true guys. Or guy I should say because it seems like it's one guy with multiple names.

62 people? Not buying that. Who are they?
62-100 based on my scanning of posts over the last few days.

JTS90 or something or another owns at least a good percentage of them. Gromcat's right there trying to convince anyone that can find a way to get through his 4+ paragraph posts. I could go on and on, but it's pretty pointless - they know who they are, and it's a small drop in the bucket of the entire BBN.

As I've said a few other times, I'm not a sunshine pumper and am rarely confrontational. But today these negative nancies just got to be too much - shows you how easy it is to get sucked into the misery. After 16 years on this board, I should have known better than to even say a thing.

Reactions: jauk11 and UKortho
Not trying very hard, are you.

Oh wait, the guy trying to be nice (you) about 2 hours ago invited someone on a message board to fight in a gas station parking lot in the hills of KY.
You're not very bright you still didn't produce where I said I was going to fight. I said I'd meet him. He said everyone hid behind a keyboard and said I'd meet him. What's hard to understand? Are you stupid boy?

We just suffered the worst loss in program history and the preceding season we went 9-16 it's not bitching it's called confronting the truth. What should we all talk about huh? The good old days when Rick Barnes didn't own Cal? Maybe psych ourselves up to believing things will be better next season? This isn't the time for that stuff. You think and feel how you like and the rest of us will do the same. No need for stupid nicknames like Bitchie Bitchers.
Personally, I thought Bitchie Bitchers was pretty creative. :)

Quite a bit more creative than "oh yeah?! Meet me at the gas station parking lot at 8:30 if you're so tough!" (or something like that came out of your mouth earlier today...)

What did Cal's resume look like prior to coming to Kentucky?
I really don’t get how ppl don’t understand this. We are the place that a very good coach can elevate their career one last step. We have all the resources that none of those places have. Us, Kansas, UNC, Duke(tbd)....

If there was a coach out there that had 4 final fours and 2 titles in 8 years....they aren’t leaving the program they are at

Reactions: STL_Cat
You're not very bright you still didn't produce where I said I was going to fight. I said I'd meet him. He said everyone hid behind a keyboard and said I'd meet him. What's hard to understand? Are you stupid boy?
Don't play coy. What do you think that means - you presented a place and at time to some random person on the internet to meet. Are you saying you didn't mean you wanted to fight him? You saying you were just inviting him to coffee out by the gas pumps to talk UK basketball? Pfft, please. That dude just said people around here (not you specifically) were keyboard tough guys hiding behind the internet. Only dudes wanting to throw blows would take that as "oh yeah, meet me here if you're so tough!".

bdroshek:
Dubya C Dubya said:
I'm totally fine with a change from Cal as well. Sadly, most of the little babies are middle aged to late aged men. They talk tough while hiding behind the computer, but are bed-wetters in real life. No wonder one of the moderators said he dreads coming here anymore. It's because of their selfish need to cry all day.
Then why do you come here? And I'll meet you tonight. Marathon gas station at 8:30 on North Miles in Elizabethtown. Show up or shut up.

Again, "show up or shut up" - is this code for "let's meet up for coffee"?

bdroshek:

Then why do you come here? And I'll meet you tonight. Marathon gas station at 8:30 on North Miles in Elizabethtown. Show up or shut up.

Again, "show up or shut up" - is this code for "let's meet up for coffee"?
That means I'm willing to meet in person and not behind a keyboard as he said. I accepted the challenge. You are stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
That means I'm willing to meet in person and not behind a keyboard as he said. I accepted the challenge. You are stupid.
The only "challenge" was something someone said that you incorrectly perceived as a "challenge to fight" due to personal insecurity.

I'm fine with looking stupid to someone that is clearly insecure and a bit out of touch with him/her/itself (never know what people ID as these days...just covering my bases). Go ahead - keep calling me stupid. Won't ruffle my feathers.

I am convinced that you are using your own picture as an avatar.

The only "challenge" was something someone said that you incorrectly perceived as a "challenge to fight" due to personal insecurity.

I'm fine with looking stupid to someone that is clearly insecure and a bit out of touch with him/her/itself (never know what people ID as these days...just covering my bases). Go ahead - keep calling me stupid. Won't ruffle my feathers.
Neutered. Sorry about your luck.

The next up and comer is always out there. The only fact of the matter is that John Calipari is done and the game has passed him by. So the real question is what are people like you scared of when it comes to making a change?
scared of getting another BG

You're being dishonest. Your Scott Drew comment is designed to diminish the fact that he won an effing TITLE. Jeez you guys are pathological. Same thing with Jay Wright, he has TWO TITLES.

Scott Drew has as many titles as Cal in 2/3 the time at a school with zero basketball pedigree.

Did Cal have a better resume than Tubby or Rick when HE took over?

So if a guy was the coach at Kentucky for 20 years, and had 1 final four (3 fewer than Cal) and 1 national title (same as Cal), you would be happy?

Because that's Scott Drew's resume.

How about Bill Self at Kansas? Would you take his resume at Kentucky? Because they f'kin LOVE Bill Self...and he hasn't done what Cal has done in fewer years at Kentucky.

But talk about how WE'RE pathological? You crew are straight certifiable lmao.

Jay Wright has 2 championships since Cal won his first/last/only.

Jay Wright went 18 years with 1 final four and no title.

He wouldn't have been able to EVEN BE HERE for years 18 and 20 when he won his titles, we would have run him off long before that happened.

Jay Wright would come here, not go to a final four in his first 3 or 4 years and we would be calling for his head. It's just a fact.

We don't have the patience that Villanova, Baylor, Gonzaga, etc. fans had to have to wait for their success.

Seriously...who takes Cal's place since you want him gone so bad?! Who out there has a better resume than him?

And it's comical the people who responded negatively to this....and STILL DIDN'T NAME WHO THEY'D WANT! Except for 1 person who said Billy Donovan who has already turned us down 150 times.

This fanbase is comical.

They're sweet on Nate Oats because he looks like Lyle Lovette. Of course his season tanked worse than ours did but they're rapt in stifling rage and any outside data that does not equal "far Cal" does not compute. If you've ever seen a child throwing a tantrum in the toy aisle at Walmart then you get the picture. Especially if it's a fat kid with ice cream on his face wearing overalls with no shirt clutching a toy shotgun in a red faced spittle flecked rage.

Tubby never had two years this bad. I’m not sure BCGs 2 years were any worse.
I’ve never been more depressed than under Clyde, at least Cal hs a talented team capable of beating good teams and a run despite his flaws. The talent level under Clyde was only watchable due to Meeks and Patterson. Young Liggins and likeable Perry.

Tremendous comeback.... loaded with facts - relevant facts. All I said was clearly opinion - no one could possibly prove any of those current trends are real.

I bet you think inflation is an opinion as well.
Inflation is not controlable! In fact I just read a genius article that said let your pets die if you make under 300k a year to help inflation. That’s what we have come to as a society. SMH.

Reactions: struggler

Pat Riley

The next up and comer is always out there. The only fact of the matter is that John Calipari is done and the game has passed him by. So the real question is what are people like you scared of when it comes to making a change?
Our AD hiring another drunk?

Reactions: Montana81
And tournament failures.... not a one way street of success, In fact the complaint is not only tournament success/failure... it is the trend since 2015. Not exactly an elite trend. Trend last two seasons. Trend to resist change. Trend of lesser recruits. Trend of incomplete rosters. Trend of in game coaching failures. Trend of unused time-outs when needed. Trend of stagnant offense and backdoor wide open defense. Trend of favoring pet players over game winning strategy and developing/using full roster. Trend of taking players just to use UK and leave without playing VS playing to win games. Trend of looking down on fanbase. Trend to blame and avoid REAL accountability - not just a limited verbal recognition.

A spiraling downward trend - and denial there-in. More of the same EMPTY promises, words and cliché's. So...many...empty...words.
We are sitting here with a chance to have, next year. Oscar. Sharpe. Two top ten commits. More top recruits. Several top upside returners. The chance of getting some top portal newcomers that might like playing for a players first coach.

And some dummies want to fire Cal and take a chance on losing all these players? And there is no chance in hell that all the negativity or uncertainty (there isn't any about Cal. really) can help our program.

Some of our fans are just stupid, the only explanation I can think of. Now if you are one of the stupid ones step up and identify yourself.

You sound like my 5 year old crying on her first day of school that everyone is mean.If you don't like it here leave.It's really quite simple.
Were you there? Do you know for sure they weren't mean? Do you think she can talk you into selling your house and moving? LOL

Last edited:
Calipari has done something that is fatal for a coach. He divided the fan base. A huge per cent of fans have no confidence in him and that is hard to overcome. Calipari can not repair that fracture.
Sure he can. All he has to do is have enough talent next year to make a very deep run in the NCAA tourney. And it looks to me like he has an excellent chance of doing just that, sure looks promising right now, but keep trying, you might be able to hurt some of the momentum. He does have a little experience as a competent coach. Maybe you or some of the yahoos on here could do better, but what do you think the chances are of that happening? Slim and none?

Don't give up your day job.

The UK basketball outlook is poor right now.Of course people will talk about it.
What if Oscar comes back, good chance of it? Sharpe stays, possible. We get more talent than the two top ten we ALREADY have. How did Cal find some transfers last year that wanted to play at a great basketball school that puts the players first, they don't have to sit a year now. How about some transfers to fill in the holes?

Last edited:
Pat Riley
Saw Pat Riley on the floor 0f UNLV's stadium after he worked a game as color man for Chick Hearn. Told him I went to UK when he was there, he said "That was a long time ago", turned on his heel and walked off. LOL

It's been even longer now.

9-16 followed up by St. Peter it doesn't matter who we sign as long as Cal is the coach some people on here are dense. You can whine and cry about it but it's true guys. Or guy I should say because it seems like it's one guy with multiple names.
Yep, some people on here sure are dense. But it seems someone is always anxious to join them..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT