ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Reneau, five-star basketball recruit, decommits from Florida

I'm totally fine with a change from Cal as well. Sadly, most of the little babies are middle aged to late aged men. They talk tough while hiding behind the computer, but are bed-wetters in real life. No wonder one of the moderators said he dreads coming here anymore. It's because of their selfish need to cry all day.
Then why do you come here? And I'll meet you tonight. Marathon gas station at 8:30 on North Miles in Elizabethtown. Show up or shut up.

And tournament failures.... not a one way street of success, In fact the complaint is not only tournament success/failure... it is the trend since 2015. Not exactly an elite trend. Trend last two seasons. Trend to resist change. Trend of lesser recruits. Trend of incomplete rosters. Trend of in game coaching failures. Trend of unused time-outs when needed. Trend of stagnant offense and backdoor wide open defense. Trend of favoring pet players over game winning strategy and developing/using full roster. Trend of taking players just to use UK and leave without playing VS playing to win games. Trend of looking down on fanbase. Trend to blame and avoid REAL accountability - not just a limited verbal recognition.

A spiraling downward trend - and denial there-in. More of the same EMPTY promises, words and cliché's. So...many...empty...words.
What an ignorant post!
And tournament failures.... not a one way street of success, In fact the complaint is not only tournament success/failure... it is the trend since 2015. Not exactly an elite trend. Trend last two seasons. Trend to resist change. Trend of lesser recruits. Trend of incomplete rosters. Trend of in game coaching failures. Trend of unused time-outs when needed. Trend of stagnant offense and backdoor wide open defense. Trend of favoring pet players over game winning strategy and developing/using full roster. Trend of taking players just to use UK and leave without playing VS playing to win games. Trend of looking down on fanbase. Trend to blame and avoid REAL accountability - not just a limited verbal recognition.

A spiraling downward trend - and denial there-in. More of the same EMPTY promises, words and cliché's. So...many...empty...words.
What an ignorant, opinion based post!

Good lord man. Really? You want to "fight" people on a message board? What a clown show we've become as a fan base.
Where did I say anything about fighting? Please show me I only responded because that guy keeps on with the tough guy stuff saying hiding behind keyboards. That's a challenge to meet face to face and I accept. I guess you missed his post.

What an ignorant post!
Then why do you come here? And I'll meet you tonight. Marathon gas station at 8:30 on North Miles in Elizabethtown. Show up or shut up.
What a stupid, childish response. Grow up and get a life.

Where did I say anything about fighting? Please show me I only responded because that guy keeps on with the tough guy stuff saying hiding behind keyboards. That's a challenge to meet face to face and I accept. I guess you missed his post.
I saw it. He/she said the whiners are just internet tough guys. I don't read that as "come fight me!". However, you presented a time and place and said let's go.

Wacky.

It's clearly pointless right now to post anything forward looking about UK on Rafters. Literally every thread that doesn't start off as a Cal hammering thread, ends up one within the 2nd or 3rd response, and it's always (ALWAYS) the same handful of Bitchie Bitches (I've counted - there are 62 handles responsible for 100% of the Cal complaining threads and responses).

I'm not a Cal defender or a hater (I'm stuck in the middle trying to figure out this entire mess) - but damn it if this forum isn't one of the most miserable places to be right now...roughly the same handful of whiners just regurgitating the same complaints over...and over...and over....I guess their approach is that they think the more they say it and the more posts and responses they start or respond to, the more people will somehow "buy in" to their "demands" or desires and jump on the "get rid of Calipari" bandwagon.

Probably best to wait a few weeks because any and every thread not created to moan about Calipari will end up one within seconds.
The door is always open. All you have to do is walk through and leave.

Nah, I'm a realist and clearly more emotionally mature than the 62 or so moaners that have not left Rafters since last Thursday night.

But hey, feel good about yourself, Missy - dudes here LOVE mouthy chicks that are UK fans and agree with them. You're about to get 20+ likes from that little crew of misery! :)
Yeah, you’re a legend in your mind. LOL. I mean, just look at your ID. The dude. LOL

You still didn't bring anything about fighting. There won't be any fight because that guy won't show he's all mouth. But I'll call his bluff.
What are you driving? I will be there or my buddy in our patrol cars. You can talk basketball with a lot of roommates. Lol JK

Reactions: shep21754
Typical response here lately from people wanting to wallow in their misery together.

"We don't want you here because we want like-minded people to complain with! Non-complainers that don't share my opinion are not welcome here!" 🤣
YOU are the one who said people here complain too much so you were going to leave.Now you are saying people are trying to run you off.Which one is it?

Because people have no clue how hard it is to be good year-in and year-out.

The next guy has a much better chance of just flopping and us going back to the Tubby/BCG days.

There's a reason KU has kept Self for this long who's resume is very similar to Cal's in terms of tournament success.
And....it’s more than just X’s and O’s at Kentucky. It’s national recruiting in competition with the big boys. It’s selective recruiting where you have the luxury of weeding out the knuckleheads. It’s 24/7 Big Blue Madness and the BBN. It’s playing every game with a big target on your back. What makes anyone think some “up and comer” is ready for the crush of scrutiny that goes with coaching Kentucky?

Let's go back to the days of Tubby and BCG!! Ahhh!!!

Or how about Jay Wright who has 3 final fours in 21 seasons.

Or Tom Izzo who has 1 title in 30 years.

Or Scott Drew who has been to 1 final four....ever.

Or Bruce Pearl who has 1 Final Four...ever.

Seriously...who takes Cal's place since you want him gone so bad?! Who out there has a better resume than him?
As many have stated before ... It would be a great time for Billy Donovan, to come back to the college game.

As many have stated before ... It would be a great time for Billy Donovan, to come back to the college game.
People in Chicagoland are generally happy with what billy is doing but I think his short term ceiling is 3 years or so. Once derozan starts to slide and they move Lavine, etc will be interesting to see where they go.

Reactions: oldfanofuk
What are you driving? I will be there or my buddy in our patrol cars. You can talk basketball with a lot of roommates. Lol JK
Funnily enough I drive a patrol car and I'll leave it at that. My headquarters are in Elizabethtown.

Seriously...who takes Cal's place since you want him gone so bad?! Who out there has a better resume than him?
You're being dishonest. Your Scott Drew comment is designed to diminish the fact that he won an effing TITLE. Jeez you guys are pathological. Same thing with Jay Wright, he has TWO TITLES.

Scott Drew has as many titles as Cal in 2/3 the time at a school with zero basketball pedigree.

Did Cal have a better resume than Tubby or Rick when HE took over?

Reactions: bookerfan66
I don't ignore people - that's for kids.

I'll eventually just step away from the cesspool of 62 or so moaners. Misery loves company - I'm not miserable, and don't want to be.
The fact that you counted poster's amazes me .. You people are crazy . I strongly disagree with your sentiment Dude , but thats OK .. I think we all should flood every social media known to mankind for weeks , until John feels some real heat . If you are ready to move on and kinda pretend how bad we suck right now then ok .. go for it .

Last edited:

I’m not loving Calipari but your point is what I’ve been saying for a long time. Just aren’t any good candidates. No one who warrants the prestige and money that comes with Kentucky.

Reactions: jace2012
Venting incessantly while hanging out with equally miserable people and shunning anyone with a shred of positivity isn't healthy for anyone.

No, it's not good - basketball at UK. But I'm not sure what spending hours on this forum hacking away with complaining and pooling up with other miserable souls is supposed to do. Any ideas?

I have one - the miserable think that if they are loud enough, someone might listen and they get their way. They're not here to get consoled - they are here to start a "movement" from a very vocal and impatient minority.
Great post.

You're being dishonest. Your Scott Drew comment is designed to diminish the fact that he won an effing TITLE. Jeez you guys are pathological. Same thing with Jay Wright, he has TWO TITLES.

Scott Drew has as many titles as Cal in 2/3 the time at a school with zero basketball pedigree.

Did Cal have a better resume than Tubby or Rick when HE took over?
Scott Drew has been at Baylor for 19 years.

Reactions: jace2012
The fact that you counted poster's amazes me .. You people are crazy . I strongly disagree with your sentiment Dude , but thats OK .. I think we all should flood every social media known to mankind for weeks , until John feels some real heat . If you are ready to move on and kinda pretend how bad we suck right now then ok .. go for it .
Well, I didn't go through the pages of them all since 5 days ago, but the general rough guess glancing at them over the last few days totaled somewhere around 65-100. I didn't count the first group of "who the hell is that??" that always appears within the first 12-24 hours of a bad loss.

And again, not sure what I currently want, but I guess I am at the point that I can admit this - if Cal hung it up this summer and we had a decent chance at a solid replacement (who that would be, I've no clue), I'd not be upset.

I think my hesitance to jump on this anti-Cal bandwagon is the fear of not knowing what we'd get is worse than the fear of Cal not making appropriate changes and UK sucking worse than they already have. Some people have already stated - he's about as good as there is available right now, so until someone out there that is realistically available and makes everyone confident, we should probably hang in there a little longer.

I mean, what if he's gone and we go through another BCG suckfest (and by suckfest, I mean worse than the bit of suck Cal has exhibited these last 2 years).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT