ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Reneau, five-star basketball recruit, decommits from Florida

YAY!! Let’s get a bunch of 6 stars so Cal can REALLY show how bad of a coach he is (again)!!!!

Let's go back to the days of Tubby and BCG!! Ahhh!!!

Or how about Jay Wright who has 3 final fours in 21 seasons.

Or Tom Izzo who has 1 title in 30 years.

Or Scott Drew who has been to 1 final four....ever.

Or Bruce Pearl who has 1 Final Four...ever.

Seriously...who takes Cal's place since you want him gone so bad?! Who out there has a better resume than him?

Seriously...who takes Cal's place since you want him gone so bad?! Who out there has a better resume than him?
The next up and comer is always out there. The only fact of the matter is that John Calipari is done and the game has passed him by. So the real question is what are people like you scared of when it comes to making a change?

The next up and comer is always out there. The only fact of the matter is that John Calipari is done and the game has passed him by. So the real question is what are people like you scared of when it comes to making a change?

Because people have no clue how hard it is to be good year-in and year-out.

The next guy has a much better chance of just flopping and us going back to the Tubby/BCG days.

There's a reason KU has kept Self for this long who's resume is very similar to Cal's in terms of tournament success.

And tournament failures.... not a one way street of success, In fact the complaint is not only tournament success/failure... it is the trend since 2015. Not exactly an elite trend. Trend last two seasons. Trend to resist change. Trend of lesser recruits. Trend of incomplete rosters. Trend of in game coaching failures. Trend of unused time-outs when needed. Trend of stagnant offense and backdoor wide open defense. Trend of favoring pet players over game winning strategy and developing/using full roster. Trend of taking players just to use UK and leave without playing VS playing to win games. Trend of looking down on fanbase. Trend to blame and avoid REAL accountability - not just a limited verbal recognition.

A spiraling downward trend - and denial there-in. More of the same EMPTY promises, words and cliché's. So...many...empty...words.

Last edited:

The next guy has a much better chance of just flopping and us going back to the Tubby/BCG days.

There's a reason KU has kept Self for this long who's resume is very similar to Cal's in terms of tournament success.
Hate to break it to you but this is the Tubby days.

And tournament failures.... not a one way street of success, In fact the complaint is not only tournament success/failure... it is the trend since 2015. Not exactly an elite trend. Trend last two seasons. Trend to resist change. Trend of lesser recruits. Trend of incomplete rosters. Trend of in game coaching failures. Trend of unused time-outs when needed. Trend of stagnant offense and backdoor wide open defense. Trend of favoring pet players over game winning strategy and using full roster. Trend of taking players just to use UK and leave without playing VS playing to win games. Trend of looking down on fanbase. Trend to blame and avoid REAL accountability - not just a limited verbal recognition.

A spiraling downward trend - and denial there-in. More of the same EMPTY promises, words and cliché's. So...many...empty...words.
Very good post. Couldn’t agree more.

Reactions: struggler

So you’d consider the past 7 years success year in and year out?

Reactions: struggler

UK fans are learning to "have a clue" what it is to be "year-out"...

Out of dominating the SEC and finishing first.
Out of the SEC Tournament (when March matters most)
Out of the NCAA tournament. (See above)
Out of the all-time wins lead.

Yeah - I'd say we have a clue.

It's battered wife syndrome to not want change.

9-16 followed by St. Peters. That's all that needs to be said.

It's clearly pointless right now to post anything forward looking about UK on Rafters. Literally every thread that doesn't start off as a Cal hammering thread, ends up one within the 2nd or 3rd response, and it's always (ALWAYS) the same handful of Bitchie Bitches (I've counted - there are 62 handles responsible for 100% of the Cal complaining threads and responses).

I'm not a Cal defender or a hater (I'm stuck in the middle trying to figure out this entire mess) - but damn it if this forum isn't one of the most miserable places to be right now...roughly the same handful of whiners just regurgitating the same complaints over...and over...and over....I guess their approach is that they think the more they say it and the more posts and responses they start or respond to, the more people will somehow "buy in" to their "demands" or desires and jump on the "get rid of Calipari" bandwagon.

Probably best to wait a few weeks because any and every thread not created to moan about Calipari will end up one within seconds.

It's clearly pointless right now to post anything forward looking about UK on Rafters. Literally every thread that doesn't start off as a Cal hammering thread, ends up one within the 2nd or 3rd response, and it's always (ALWAYS) the same handful of Bitchie Bitches (I've counted - there are 62 handles responsible for 100% of the Cal complaining threads and responses).

I'm not a Cal defender or a hater (I'm stuck in the middle trying to figure out this entire mess) - but damn it if this forum isn't one of the most miserable places to be right now...roughly the same handful of whiners just regurgitating the same complaints over...and over...and over....I guess their approach is that they think the more they say it and the more posts and responses they start or respond to, the more people will somehow "buy in" to their "demands" or desires and jump on the "get rid of Calipari" bandwagon.

Probably best to wait a few weeks because any and every thread not created to moan about Calipari will end up one within seconds.
How about the same posts from the same 4 or 5 Cal suckers?Guess those are fine.

We just suffered the worst loss in program history and the preceding season we went 9-16 it's not bitching it's called confronting the truth. What should we all talk about huh? The good old days when Rick Barnes didn't own Cal? Maybe psych ourselves up to believing things will be better next season? This isn't the time for that stuff. You think and feel how you like and the rest of us will do the same. No need for stupid nicknames like Bitchie Bitchers.

What did Cal's resume look like prior to coming to Kentucky?

These type of posts make me laugh.So you are bitching about other people bitching.Look in the mirror my friend.

How about the same posts from the same 4 or 5 Cal suckers?Guess those are fine.
Nope, you can put those there as well. They just aren't as loud or repetitive as the 62 or so spending half of their days on here whining about Calipari.

By the way, you sound like my elementary-aged kids - "yeah, but what about her! She did it, too!! It's not fair!!"

Nope, you can put those there as well. They just aren't as loud or repetitive as the 62 or so spending half of their days on here whining about Calipari.

By the way, you sound like my elementary-aged kids - "yeah, but what about her! She did it, too!! It's not fair!!"
If it bothers you put people on ignore or leave.Simple really.

You sure are sensitive.
Nah, I'm a realist and clearly more emotionally mature than the 62 or so moaners that have not left Rafters since last Thursday night.

But hey, feel good about yourself, Missy - dudes here LOVE mouthy chicks that are UK fans and agree with them. You're about to get 20+ likes from that little crew of misery! :)

Calipari has done something that is fatal for a coach. He divided the fan base. A huge per cent of fans have no confidence in him and that is hard to overcome. Calipari can not repair that fracture.

The UK basketball outlook is poor right now.Of course people will talk about it.
Venting incessantly while hanging out with equally miserable people and shunning anyone with a shred of positivity isn't healthy for anyone.

No, it's not good - basketball at UK. But I'm not sure what spending hours on this forum hacking away with complaining and pooling up with other miserable souls is supposed to do. Any ideas?

I have one - the miserable think that if they are loud enough, someone might listen and they get their way. They're not here to get consoled - they are here to start a "movement" from a very vocal and impatient minority.

Reactions: Catzman
Venting incessantly while hanging out with equally miserable people and shunning anyone with a shred of positivity isn't healthy for anyone.

No, it's not good - basketball at UK. But I'm not sure what spending hours on this forum hacking away with complaining and pooling up with other miserable souls is supposed to do. Any ideas?

I have one - the miserable think that if they are loud enough, someone might listen and they get their way. They're not here to get consoled - they are here to start a "movement" from a very vocal and impatient minority.
Ironic.You are the one sounding like a crybaby bitch.

And yet you are here constantly bashing other posters.Really don't see the irony do you?
So what you're essentially saying is:

"Just shut up and leave us alone so we can huddle in our puddle of misery and hopefully convince others to hop on the We Hate Calipari bandwagon! No need for your comments because you sound just like us and we don't like being made fun of because when you complain about our complaining you're a hypocrite!!" (run on sentence done on purpose to accentuate your perceived maturity)

Same little crew all day every day whining like little b**ches that had their milk money stolen. You'd think they'd find something in life that made them happy.
I completely understand their anger. And I'm far from what they like to call a "Cal sunshine pumper" (one could easily find many of my posts in the not so distant past that complain about Cal's non-existent offensive scheme). But when 92% of threads started and about the same % of responses within threads is nothing more than bitching and moaning, it's tiresome.

This little crew of babies has totally taken over the forum. And good luck if there's anyone trying to inject a little normal basketball talk or positivity - they're nothing more than chum in a small pool of rabid sharks.

Jay Wright has 2 championships since Cal won his first/last/only.

I completely understand their anger. And I'm far from what they like to call a "Cal sunshine pumper" (one could easily find many of my posts in the not so distant past that complain about Cal's non-existent offensive scheme). But when 92% of threads started and about the same % of responses within threads is nothing more than bitching and moaning, it's tiresome.

This little crew of babies has totally taken over the forum. And good luck if there's anyone trying to inject a little normal basketball talk or positivity - they're nothing more than chum in a small pool of rabid sharks.

I'm totally fine with a change from Cal as well. Sadly, most of the little babies are middle aged to late aged men. They talk tough while hiding behind the computer, but are bed-wetters in real life. No wonder one of the moderators said he dreads coming here anymore. It's because of their selfish need to cry all day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT