ADVERTISEMENT

Making a Murderer

Fairly obvious, but here's the relevant paragraph...

Once Avery was jailed on a murder charge, Avery's $36 million civil lawsuit was effectively ruined. Two of the last remaining depositions, against former sheriff Tom Kocourek, and former prosecutor Denis Vogel, were canceled. While in jail, Avery settled his lawsuit against Manitowoc County for $400,000. Avery’s cut of the settlement was needed to hire top-notch criminal defense lawyers Jerome Buting and Dean Strang.

He was never going to get 36 million, that was his opening salvo in negotiations. It just seems to me there would be far easier ways to lower his negotiating ability besides framing him for murder.

[laughing] You're ranting about facts and then offer up some guy's cockamamie opinion on what "could have maybe perhaps happened."

As usual, you're awful.

Damn, that stings. Actually one of the few Paddock posters who I've genuinely enjoyed reading over the years. But I get it, all in the game.

Deer God.

734db80497fe3586bcb24d10aee274fe_400x400.jpeg

???

He was never going to get 36 million, that was his opening salvo in negotiations. It just seems to me there would be far easier ways to lower his negotiating ability besides framing him for murder.

The point isn't about the dollar figure directly. It's more about did the lawsuit cause motive to believe it could happen? Then it's about the fact that the people in charge knew about the lawsuit which is why it wasn't handled by manitowac, but in fact manitowac was all over the investigation and found the most damning evidence. Oh and it just so happens to be the two people that single handily cost Manitowac a fortune by ignoring everything and anything that had to do with Avery's false imprisonment.

If you don't get that all of that is what opens Pandora's box on the possible wrong doing then you truly want to believe what you want.

You seem very reasonable, and I think you get that but because you think he is guilty just don't care. Which is a lot more fair than the argument you make.

He was going to get a shit ton more than $450k and was going to obliterate the careers and lives of the majority of the top figures in the sheriff's department (and therefore the county). How can you not comprehend this? There was more incentive to ruin avery for the protection of the current and former sheriff administration than to protect the town from losing $36M. You think a sheriff's department gives a shit if their jurisdictional government loses $36M? Hell no. They can just go out and plant some drugs and seize the property and assets of the "offenders."

I completely understand how someone could think that was a possibility, but thinking something is possible and reality is 2 different things.

You can't just throw out a trial simply because you think something is possible, or could be possible. There is no proof that Manitowoc framed him, honestly what proof of a cover up besides possibilty warrants a retrial?

If the blood sample had shown EDTA's, like the blood from the vial did, then that would definitely be sketchy. If the bullet fragment found had not come from his gun, or her vehicle found on his property, or her phone had activity after she arrived, or her bones and apparel not found in his burn pile WITH burnt tire residue imbedded in them, or his DNA on the hood latch, or he hadn't acted very peculiar and anxious for her arrival the day she disappeared, or he had an alibi, or Brendan hadn't known details only a person involved would know.

At some point you have to look at what you think is possible and in what reality happened.

If evidence is improperly handled it's thrown out.

You know about the key and the bullet, but if you didn't could you tie Avery alone to the murder? The answer is no.

The dassey's could have put the car/body there.......anyone could also be involved. Which is the point that without those two key pieces of evidence it isn't a shut and closed case. Also, convicting 2 different people of the same murder with 2 different scenario's is proof the DA doesn't believe one of the stories but only wants a conviction.

I seriously like the Edward Edwards scenario, but damn for him to know Halbach's schedule or Avery's in order to be there and get that done is nuts.

But there is that picture during the case where Edwards is in the background which is creepy as F.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT