ADVERTISEMENT

Making a Murderer

etowncatfan

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Just finished this Netflix Documentary!! I was blown away. It is 10hrs long but you won't be able to keep from watching it. Glad I am on vacation watched it over 2 days. Was he a murderer?? Was he Framed??? Watch it and let me know your thoughts!!

I've watched about 6 episodes. Dumb as a rock, ignorant white trash, shamelessly corrupt police and county government ... sickening.

Not sure we'll know for sure if he's guilty of the murder or not. I hope the answer is revealed and is obvious.

I watched it last weekend. It is very obvious.

The only saving grace is how it portrays Wisconsin as a shithole full of idiots and makes KY "move up in the rankings while idle."

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
I watched it last weekend. It is very obvious.

The only saving grace is how it portrays Wisconsin as a shithole full of idiots and makes KY "move up in the rankings while idle."

I watched it but slept through some of it. What's you're take? Give a spoiler tag of necessary.

They set him up for everything. For the murder, each episode focuses on a fact that proves he didn't do it, but the jury is full of weak idiots - some of which are influenced by the media.

Hopefully, the sheriff department and prosecutor & judges lives' are now ruined forever. Twitter was boiling early with that sentiment.

They set him up for everything. For the murder, each episode focuses on a fact that proves he didn't do it, but the jury is full of weak idiots - some of which are influenced by the media.

Hopefully, the sheriff department and prosecutor & judges lives' are now ruined forever. Twitter was boiling early with that sentiment.
Just finished Ep 8.

What they did to that kid in Ep 4 is utterly indefensible. I cannot believe it.

I am telling you I am still haunted by this Documentary and how it unfolded. You will be thinking about it even after you see the ending!!

And to think all this started because a woman started making up crap about Avery masturbating on her car.

Last edited:
Is there a cliff notes version on this? Really have zero desire to watch all of it, spoilers welcome.

First off somebody should have told him to quit talking to media. I thought the more he talked the more guilty he appeared, The murder would have been one hell of a frame.

Just finished episode 4. How is Brenden even considered mentally capable enough for anything he says to be admissible in court? Olivia Munn and Ariana Grande could bang him live in front of a sold out Michigan stadium in between plays in the first quarter with everyone in attendance able to corroborate the story and a policeman could have him saying in 15 minutes that it didn't happen.

What it comes down to, is that the vast majority of Americans have no business serving on Juries.

We need to revamp the entire process. Jurors need paid more, and must have a College Degree, etc.

What it comes down to, is that the vast majority of Americans have no business serving on Juries.

We need to revamp the entire process. Jurors need paid more, and must have a College Degree, etc.
Having a college degree doesn't necessarily mean much these days. Definitely need to be paid more. I only make low 20s and I would lose quite a sum of money (by my salary standards) just being on jury duty for a day.

2 episodes in. In episode 2 he appears guilty of murder, IMO, but I know that they are doing something with the other 8 episodes. Looking forward to them.

Did think that the special prosecutor's behavior was beyond unprofessional.

Finished episode 9 early this morning. Don't know how to do the spoiler thing so just don't read my post if not interested but the story Brendan told about the murder threw me in ep 3 or 4 to where I thought Avery was guilty. But the book he mentions during testimony really clears that up now, just reading comments from other message boards his story is basically the plot in the book, plus it in no way goes along with any of the physical evidence.

Also thought at one point that the documentary was maybe a bit slanted to the defense until I heard that the original Jury vote was 7 not guilty, 2 undecided, and 3 guilty. Shows that the defense did their job in the trial and just a few hard headed jurors (whose minds were probably made up before the trial started) flipped the others, a shame really.

Tried to Google the brunette reporter a couple times but never caught her name if it was mentioned. No luck finding her so far :(

Last edited:
I think the one guy did it...."this was the best day in the history of the world"...the guy who supposedly was up hunting, not the younger guy. I believe he did it, then the police jumped all over the opportunity to lock Steve up.

Also this series made me so angry, the special agents are completely worthless. I looked Fassbender up, he had a linkedin page but apparently he's taken it down.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Finished episode 9 early this morning. Don't know how to do the spoiler thing so just don't read my post if not interested but the story Brendan told about the murder threw me in ep 3 or 4 to where I thought Avery was guilty. But the book he mentions during testimony really clears that up now, just reading comments from other message boards his story is basically the plot in the book, plus it in no way goes along with any of the physical evidence.

Also thought at one point that the documentaey was maybe a bit slanted to the defense until I heard that the original Jury vote was 7 not guilty, 2 undecided, and 3 guilty. Shows that the defense did their job in the trial and just a few hard headed jurors flipped the others, a shame really.

Tried to Google the brunette reporter a couple times but never caught her name if it was mentioned. No luck finding her so far :(
The last episode us even more mind blowing stuff.

If someone made a crime movie about this I would walk out of the theater thinking it would be too unrealistic...unbelievable this is real life

started watching a couple days ago by the pool- havent read any spoilers yet and if you arent up to episode 5 yet, maybe turn away... my lingering question to date is WHO THE HELL RANDOMLY GUESSES A LOGIN *AND* PASSWORD FOR SOMEONE?!! And it wasnt like it was 1-2-3-4-5-6, this was supposedly like the birth dates of the girls sisters??? What is going on my mind is blown?!!

Just finished 9. Kid should have taken the plea deal, if there wad indeed one offered. Yes I believe Steven got what he deserved.

Found a use for reddit for the second time (first was the fappening), brunette reporter works in Cincinnati. She hasnt aged poorly by any means, but I was a little letdown to see her now.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/angenette

edit: and her twitter. covers a lot of stories in KY, still pretty hot I am being a little harsh on her because of how she looked 10 years ago. She always looked better with glasses, I definitely wouldnt be turning her down.

https://twitter.com/angenette5

CUnMjXOWoAUE52t.jpg

Now we can get back to Avery.

Last edited:
Just finished 9. Kid should have taken the plea deal, if there wad indeed one offered. Yes I believe Steven got what he deserved.
Even if you think Steven did it, that's fine, but you should still be alarmed how pathetic the police, special agents, and county government operate...low intelligence all around in that town

Even if you think Steven did it, that's fine, but you should still be alarmed how pathetic the police, special agents, and county government operate...low intelligence all around in that town
There should have been a few more people in jail as a result of what happened.

It's hard for me to believe he did it. He was a few days away from winning millions. He could have all kinds of tang. But on a more serious note why in the hell would that sheriff department even be anywhere near the Avery place? The state should have took over the entire case when Steve became the prime suspect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT