ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland China: has anyone visited recently?

i have been many times in the past ~12 years, but not since hong kong fell and the rona was released.

possible business trip coming up and trying to find some first hand information. state department site paints a very gloomy picture; level 3 warning for mainland, and level 2 for hong kong and macau.

still have 5 years remaining on my 10 year visa, no vax requirements for entry, so i am considering making the trip.

i have been many times in the past ~12 years, but not since hong kong fell and the rona was released.

possible business trip coming up and trying to find some first hand information. state department site paints a very gloomy picture; level 3 warning for mainland, and level 2 for hong kong and macau.

still have 5 years remaining on my 10 year visa, no vax requirements for entry, so i am considering making the trip.

Have to travel to parts of China on a regular basis for work. Lot of security advisories etc, but it’s been business as usual for me so far.

Have to travel to parts of China on a regular basis for work. Lot of security advisories etc, but it’s been business as usual for me so far.
without too many details, what areas of China do you frequent? mostly south for me; shenzen/zhongshan. beijing only a couple of times. do you go to hong kong first, or directly to your destination?

without too many details, what areas of China do you frequent? mostly south for me; shenzen/zhongshan. beijing only a couple of times. do you go to hong kong first, or directly to your destination?

Shanghai on the mainland and Hong Kong quite a bit. I used to go into Shenzen, but that’s become rare these days. Fly direct.

unofficially, company is not allowing any US citizens to travel to china for business.

i suspect it will be 2024 or later before the state department shifts their position.

damn shame really; i have not been able to visit the ladies market/pearl market in hong kong for quite some time. no, not where you shop for a lady.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT