ADVERTISEMENT

Mackenzie Mgbako to Kansas on Friday

So far the Cheating Jailhawks look a lot like Michigan did last year -a guy in the middle who demands the ball every possession, dictates a slowish tempo on offense, doesn’t defend that well or protect the rim, surrounded by a bunch of ordinary-for-major conference players.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking.

All I read on here for weeks was that "KU was going to be so loaded, they'll be #1, gold-standard" yada yada yada.

Bunch of BS. They are below average for next year.

Yet at the same time, we are so close to being able to be truly, truly elite next year if we can get Oscar back and idk if we can get that done sadly.

All I read on here for weeks was that "KU was going to be so loaded, they'll be #1, gold-standard" yada yada yada.

Yet at the same time, we are so close to being able to be truly, truly elite next year if we can get Oscar back and idk if we can get that done sadly.
If they will be so terrible we should kill them in the champions classic.We can revisit this after that game.

If we don't and don't get any other major bigs, and assuming Reeves back, run Wagner/Dilly/Edwards/Reeves/Bradshaw together for major minutes. Have Ugonna get his minutes at the 5 too, of course, but run that lineup a lot.

If they will be so terrible we should kill them in the champions classic.We can revisit this after that game.

That's if you are assuming we ARE elite, which without Oscar we won't be, and we still have Cal on the sidelines.

So the results of the Champions Classic have very little relevancy on the fact that KU will be below average next year.

If you want to ride the KU bandwagon like you have, that's fine, but I don't see how anyone looks at their current collection of guys, especially after losing Udeh, and says, "Oh yeah, they're loaded".

Just doesn't add up.

• Haha
Reactions: RustyTrambone
That's if you are assuming we ARE elite, which without Oscar we won't be, and we still have Cal on the sidelines.

So the results of the Champions Classic have very little relevancy on the fact that KU will be below average next year.

If you want to ride the KU bandwagon like you have, that's fine, but I don't see how anyone looks at their current collection of guys, especially after losing Udeh, and says, "Oh yeah, they're loaded".

Just doesn't add up.
So basically both UK and Kansas will be weak next season if Oscar is gone.

So basically both UK and Kansas will be weak next season if Oscar is gone.

That would be my assessment unless we get a better option at the 5.

We will be elite at the 1-4 spots but don't think we can be elite as a team unless we get a truly top-notch 5 man.

But 1-4, we will be better than KU with how the rosters stand now (assuming Reeves comes back and we land this SDSU kid), we'll be clearly better 1-4.

They will be clearly better at the 5 spot with Hunter unless we return Oscar, at which point we'd be better at all 5 positions IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: RustyTrambone
Kansas is looking scary good now with Mackenzie Mgbako. How is $elf doing it?
bernie-mac-what-are-you-talking-about.gif

Preseason #1 lock now

With McCullar coming back, KU just locked up Preseason #1. Harris, Timberlake, McCullar, Adams and Dickinson is a ridiculous starting 5.
McCullar and his 10 and 7 on 44% from the field and 29% from 3, jeez that’s an embarrassment of riches. Meanwhile we’re stuck with Justin Edwards at the 3. Y’all have basically recreated the 96 Bulls.

McCullar and his 10 and 7 on 44% from the field and 29% from 3, jeez that’s an embarrassment of riches. Meanwhile we’re stuck with Justin Edwards at the 3. Y’all have basically recreated the 96 Bulls.
You left out the fact that he has been a Finalist for National Defensive POY the last 2 years.

On paper KU looks good for sure. Still, the odds that a preseason #1 wins it all are weak. History proves it. KU has never done it. Nothing is a lock in March. Nothing.

On paper KU looks good for sure. Still, the odds that a preseason #1 wins it all are weak. History proves it. KU has never done it. Nothing is a lock in March. Nothing.
I dunno, they have no real star power and can’t possibly have chemistry with a put together team. Most of those guys are just solid role players. They look good but not dominant, the media is talking about them like they’re 2015 UK. No one on that roster scares me.

Reactions: Bogansback2Basil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT