ADVERTISEMENT

Lyon vs Harlan; WKY vs EKY for all the marbles.

bbncal02

All-American
Nov 14, 2017
Hopkinsville
This doesn’t happen often in the KY S16.

Being from WKY I have to pull for Perry and Lyon Co. but man. It’s cool to see Harlan in the final. That’s a county that has a lot of pride in KY.

Tbh I’m happy no matter who wins. Both counties are rural hearts of the Commonwealth.

We sat with some Harlan County fans during their game with Warren Central. They were very nice folks.

Really glad they beat Evangel Christian.

Wouldn’t mind if they won.

But I’m also good with Lyon County winning since I live in the western part of the state.

Reactions: vhcat70
We sat with some Harlan County fans during their game with Warren Central. They were very nice folks.

Really glad they beat Evangel Christian.

Wouldn’t mind if they won.

But I’m also good with Lyon County winning since I live in the western part of the state.
You live in BG right? Always was perplexed whether to call BG (and Glasgow) western or southern KY.

You live in BG right? Always was perplexed whether to call BG (and Glasgow) western or southern KY.
Being a WKU alum I spent many a day in BG. It’s Centeal KY to me. Hoptown is further south than BG so I always had trouble considering BG Southern KY. lol.

But if you’re from Lex/Lou/Cincy area I’d imagine it would be to those folks.

When WKU would struggle in sports we would always self deprecate and say maybe we should change our name to the Southern University of Central Kentucky.

Being a WKU alum I spent many a day in BG. It’s Centeal KY to me. Hoptown is further south than BG so I always had trouble considering BG Southern KY. lol.

But if you’re from Lex/Lou/Cincy area I’d imagine it would be to those folks.
I'm from Glasgow we always called our area ''south-central'' which really means southern KY.

I'm from Glasgow we always called our area ''south-central'' which really means southern KY.
No I get it. And it’s geographically accurate. But I just struggled with thinking about it that way when home is even further south by a few miles. I mean I’m fifteen minutes from the awful orange wasteland.

No I get it. And it’s geographically accurate. But I just struggled with thinking about it that way when home is even further south by a few miles.
Lol. Our counties are at the bottom of the state. I could walk to the TN/KY line through Scottsville from home. I'm sure the same is true for you.

Reactions: bbncal02
Lol. Our counties are at the bottom of the state. I could walk to the TN/KY line through Scottsville from home. I'm sure the same is true for you.
It would be a walk but I could. Lol.
This is like a good natured “I’m more southern than you”.

Shoo we so southern we own a pig named Charlene. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
lol. Hell some times them Lexingtonians are dang near Yankees.

(Not really. No one get offended. You’re still Kentuckians to me.).
The transplants, yeah. I read a stat somehwere that Lexington is like the most popular place for immigrants to move too. But that's basically every city in the south now. If you wanna find the native culture of said area get out in the country side. FWIW Lexington was pretty pro-confederate.

Reactions: bbncal02
The transplants, yeah. I read a stat somehwere that Lexington is like the most popular place for immigrants to move too. But that's basically every city in the south now. If you wanna find the native culture of said area get out in the country side. FWIW Lexington was pretty pro-confederate.
Yeah you can alllllways tell the transplants too.

“Yes. Where is Lewis-ville?” Nope. Get out. 😂

I am really happy it came down to these two teams. It will be awesome seeing these two great teams led by Perry and Noah go at it for all the marbles. If you ask me, both of those guys should be on UK's squad next season alongside Reed Sheppard. These are the kind of dudes that make Kentucky be, you know, Kentucky. A team built with veteran, diehard, bleed blue kids with a sprinkling of elite high school level talent and transfers is the formula for success, not this shit that Cal does.

Yeah. We always called like Newport and Campbell County, South Ohio.
Lot of Buckeyes around Campbell County for sure. Lot of UK fans on the Ohio side too. Went to my aunt's funeral in Southern Ohio last week. Preacher said ....she would always say to me: 'go cats!".

Reactions: vhcat70
I live in Morgantown. I’ve heard the area referred to as South Central Kentucky a lot, but since Western Kentucky University is 20 or so minutes from my home, I always thought of it as western Kentucky.

When I think Central Kentucky, I think of stuff East of Elizabethtown.

It’s a classic example of perceptual regions in Grography. People perceive things differently based on their point of view.

Just like some people see Kentucky as being “in the South” and others don’t.

I teach Geography, so I am enjoying this conversation.

This doesn’t happen often in the KY S16.

Being from WKY I have to pull for Perry and Lyon Co. but man. It’s cool to see Harlan in the final. That’s a county that has a lot of pride in KY.

Tbh I’m happy no matter who wins. Both counties are rural hearts of the Commonwealth.
My high school Pikeville beat Harlan County earlier in the year, 62 to 60 on our home court…. Just one of their four losses this year.!!

Reactions: bluecoon1
Played 7th&8th grade basketball for Trent’s father, as well as HS football. He was intense as a coach, I could only imagine how he feels inside trying to decide to be Dad, or, the coach at the same time. Great people and very very proud of this HC team.

No I get it. And it’s geographically accurate. But I just struggled with thinking about it that way when home is even further south by a few miles. I mean I’m fifteen minutes from the awful orange wasteland.
Bowling Green is what, 50 mikes from the Tennessee line. That’s Southern In Kentucky no doubt. (and Central)

I live in Morgantown. I’ve heard the area referred to as South Central Kentucky a lot, but since Western Kentucky University is 20 or so minutes from my home, I always thought of it as western Kentucky.

It’s a classic example of perceptual regions in Grography. People perceive things differently based on their point of view.

Lol, some people think Virginia and NC aren't in the south either. I pay no mind to those people. Mostly people who think the south is a monolith and must be like their little area in Alabama, SC, etc to be ''counted''.

I would say most Kentuckians would agree to this map as being correct as to where they consider where they live, what do y'all think?
EUAY4TdcydQRfsFSvbeIgXlyY4hkNfiNbnTYzwMvR5K4d1k0f0e2ZwDmc1xnoMwXo88JWLfphM2VJDYMCoyBj1tCLDeTPBrLC3EpHSru7UN82-mBozhRWB3QQ3VNnvKz1w=s0-d

Being from Ashland and now living around Columbus Ohio everyone here thinks Kentucky is the south.

This. And as some one a hour west of BG. That ain’t WKY lol. And some people in Fulton and Paducah don’t consider where Iam at WKy. It’s wild. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT