ADVERTISEMENT

Lynn Bowden trying out for the Saints

Dang shame his fantastic college skills have not translated well to NFL. Of course he's had injuries too.

Has UK ever had a more exciting player?

Reactions: Lost In FL
My favorite UK player! I hope he catches on. If he gets a good chance he will make it. Too much natural talent to waste it. Praying for the young man.

Reactions: UK CAT in FL
His skill set is a bunch of "almosts". It was plenty in college but he has glaring weaknesses at the pro level. His hands, speed, size, strength, route running are all almost good enough. Its a shame. He's a gamer and I'd love to see him have a long career.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Love me some Bowden! His 2019 season, or the last two thirds of that season, will go down in UK football history as one of the greatest ever. Elusive, smart, good instincts/balance. NFL-wise however, his hands are average and lacks top end speed. One would think that he would surface in Canada, XFL or USFL should he decide on that route. Best of luck to an all time favorite!

Reactions: drleary and JC-3
Crazy how hard it is to make it in the nfl. Hope he’s in a good place once his football days are over.

His skill set is a bunch of "almosts". It was plenty in college but he has glaring weaknesses at the pro level. His hands, speed, size, strength, route running are all almost good enough. Its a shame. He's a gamer and I'd love to see him have a long career.
I don't know, I wouldn't count Lynn Bowden out.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Might've won it anyway had he played qb all year.
Interesting discussion this would be. Bowden started 8 games as QB. During that time he had 1,369 yards and 13 TDs, with the only game below 100 yards was 99 at UGa. At that rate, had he played running QB all year, he would've had 2,224ish yard and would've been #1 in the nation by over 100 yards. He certainly could've been in the running for Heisman.

Also of note, that season, the Navy QB, Malcolm Perry was 2nd in the nation with 2017 yards and 21 TDs.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT