ADVERTISEMENT

Lynn Bowden Jr.

He fired Eddie, & Eddie did his best to try and get another OC job. When that never worked out Stoops was glad to bring him back for off the field role.

Eddie Gran got a bad rep from some of our fans. Don't think I've ever seen an OC who can just totally go away from his scheme to put our guys in the best position to succeed. It truly was a remarkable achievement.
The call at the end of the Belk Bowl to pass for the go-ahead TD alone told me Gran had a pair dangling.

I dont think Stoops took offense as seriously as he did the defense. The hiring of Coen shows that hes changed in that regard though thankfully.
Well up until the past three or 4 years our defense wasn’t elite enough to merit having a quick strike offense. We needed a heavy dose of ground and pound from the offense and Long sustained drives to keep the defense rested.
Now we have an elite, top 20 level defense with some depth. We can now open things up and have reasonable expectations that the defense will be steadfast to the point of bailing the offense out when they falter.

Reactions: screwduke1
Eddie drastically changed his entire offensive scheme in the middle of the season and ran the new one successfully. I don't know that I've ever seen a better job by an offensive coordinator ever. Course it also helped that you couldn't tackle Bowden in a phone booth.

Eddie got stuck with a run heavy offense because of the Drew Barker injury and some really bad luck recruiting QBs, but I still say he's one of the better OC's UK has ever had.
Is that you Eddie?

Gran was one of the most uncreative OCs I’ve ever seen.

Eddie is as good a run game coordinator as there is. Due to whatever reasons his passing game just couldn’t take off here. What’s crazy is Cincinnati threw it all over the place with him at the helm.

To be fair where was the QB for him to throw it all over the field? He never had anyone like WL, his QBs were not good passers, he adjusted to his strengths. Now he may be the reason a good passer didn't come to UK, but he was very good at adapting to the strength of his players.

To be fair where was the QB for him to throw it all over the field? He never had anyone like WL, his QBs were not good passers, he adjusted to his strengths. Now he may be the reason a good passer didn't come to UK, but he was very good at adapting to the strength of his players.
I agree 100% When he was let go his WR and QB room was not up to par. I think a lot of that can be attributed to how he played to his strengths. The run game was his bread and butter and gave us the best chance to win. Other teams used that against us in recruiting.

Reactions: Doodah859
Whenever Lynn Bowden's football career ends, he should try acting. He could co-star with Kevin Hart and the Rock. He could play bad cop with Duane Johmson as good cop and Kevim Hart in the middle. Film titled Aw, hell naw!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT