ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Maye entering, no agent

I'd take Maye before PJ. Dude can shoot.

Maybe push PJ down another notch giving us a better shot at getting him back.

I don't know. PJ can learn to shoot. I'm not sure Maye can learn to be quicker. He's a 2nd round pick.

He had a dominant year both in scoring and rebounding on a 2 seed team this year. He is tall and has the body to play in the league. He can shoot lights out from anywhere on the court. People laugh that he’s declaring.

We have guys that are under sized who play with no motor, who can’t shoot and have terrible fundamentals as immature freshman who think they are the next Lebron!

Maye can shoot and he plays hard, that's two good things that would get him a look. If I'm Grant Williams and see all of the Kentucky players putting their names in I would do the same. He dominated our big guys that put their names in.

Reactions: kartmd
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those that enter the draft and don't sign with agent can get evaluated and find out what elements of their game on which they need to work. I agree with Caneintally that everone who has any shot of being drafted should do it.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I'd take Maye before PJ. Dude can shoot.

Maybe push PJ down another notch giving us a better shot at getting him back.

Except Maye is actually just doing this for feedback, and will remove his name after he gets it. So he isn't pushing anyone down the draft board.

Reactions: TM2013
Anyone who drafts PJ over Maye should be fired. Maye is a proven winner who has proven he will take on whatever role a team needs to win. All PJ has proven is that he thinks he’s a star. Both are limited upside players. Only Maye has shown he’s willing to accept that. I’d be willing to bet PJ flushed out of the league.

If he would stay in the draft, this would be a huge hit for UNC since their front court is not all that deep. Maye can shoot from the outside and rebounds like crazy...I hope he gets an invite to the combine and gets rave reviews.

Maye declaring could be one last ploy by ole Roy to lure Zion to Chapel Hill if the rumors are true that he's questioning his commitment to dUKe.

I thought he was a senior the year he walked and hit that shot to put UK out in the elite 8?
Must have a special carolina exemption.

Dbg_fw3U8AE4AwD.jpg

[laughing]

He should go.

A Carolina degree is useless and he's improved himself and his stock as much as possible. The drawbacks to his game now are things he can't change and he can't really perform better or win more than he already has.

Maye has to be one of the only walk on's to declare or test the waters early!
One of the myth's about Maye is that he was a walk-on. He has been on athletic scholarship since his freshman year. It is true that he was originally not promised a scholarship his freshman year, depending on someone else they were recruiting, but was promised one starting his sophomore year. The recruit fell through and he got the last scholarship. he also had scholarship offers to Notre Dame and Clemson.

Still a good story about how well he has done at UNC.

Except Maye is actually just doing this for feedback, and will remove his name after he gets it. So he isn't pushing anyone down the draft board.
And you know this how exactly? Maye has the size to play the 4 and can shoot the lights out. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him stay in the draft.

And you know this how exactly? Maye has the size to play the 4 and can shoot the lights out. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him stay in the draft.

You should actually watch the NBA once in a while. Despite messageboard rumors to the contrary, defense is still required in the NBA. Maye has no lateral quickness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT