ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldn't this be nice

Stretch98

Junior
Jun 4, 2007
UK's attorneys get their hands on an email from Calipari or his agent after we beat UT in Knoxville to the president of a TV network, accepting an offer to become an ex-coach commentator.

Thats Nice GIF

I can't tell if this is yet just another wacked-ass speculative post, or if this person, who's been around the board for a very long time, but doesn't post often, is in fact dropping this as something that actually has happened.

I'll go with the first, but my curiosity on the second is piqued...

I am not privy to any bombshell secret info. I believe, however, that my hypothetical is not implausible and heaven forbid that UK is saddled with a high dollar settlement if Calipari had already set wheels in motion to go elsewhere.

It would be prudent to strategically inject the matter into the negotiations, something like this:

Before we begin this settlement conference, I have a question. Mr. Calipari, during the term of the most recent amended version of your employment contract with the University of Kentucky, have you engaged in communications with any prospective employer regarding a position other than your current job as UK's Head Men's Basketball Coach? And before you answer, I will remind you that a dishonest response to this direct question will constitute fraudulent conduct and support your termination for cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT