ADVERTISEMENT

LSU-USC, thoughts?

_ukcat

All-American
May 22, 2002
Game in Vegas, USC -4 O/U 66.5. Want to bet the game and got to figure High Scoring since neither team showed much defense last season. I am think about taking the Over,what are your thoughts on the game?

I assume high scoring. Hope LSU wins as USC is on my hate list.

USC with a brutal schedule. 9 conference games, notre dame and lsu. Give them kudos for scheduling a strong ooc in addition to playing 9 conference games.

USC is my SUP so OK if they win. Don't like Kelly much, but like LSU. They're fans are pretty cool.

Both are very much unknowns. Replacing an awesome QB, rebuilding a defense that grossly underperformed and both have dipped into the portal so a lot of wildcards. Riley's teams almost always puts up points but can't seem to figure out the other side of the ball. Think he brought in UCLA's DC who is well regarded so Trojans could be decent on D.

I would expect high scoring game.

I assume high scoring. Hope LSU wins as USC is on my hate list.

USC with a brutal schedule. 9 conference games, notre dame and lsu. Give them kudos for scheduling a strong ooc in addition to playing 9 conference games.
And their 3rd OOC game is Utah State who went 4-4 in the Mountain West last year. Major kudos.

Game in Vegas, USC -4 O/U 66.5. Want to bet the game and got to figure High Scoring since neither team showed much defense last season. I am think about taking the Over,what are your thoughts on the game?
USC is +4 actually + 3.5 and I’d be shocked if LSU doesn’t win by double digits

Obviously game is underway and tied so.... But i like LSU to cover and I don't see it hitting the over. Too much new stuff for both offenses and LSU playing on the west coast... it seems like SEC teams always underperform when they go that far west.

If LSU keeps losing opening games, Kelly is not going to be there long. They haven’t had a typical LSU defense since he’s been there. They better get it together or this will be his last season in Baton Rouge.

I have Direct TV and lost all ABC affiliated channels this afternoon due to contract dispute! (Yep, that means ESPN and SEC network!)

I settled in for an evening of football only to have a bunch of blank channels.

• Sad
Reactions: Girthang
I have Direct TV and lost all ABC affiliated channels this afternoon due to contract dispute! (Yep, that means ESPN and SEC network!)

I settled in for an evening of football only to have a bunch of blank channels.
That's such garbage. Like they couldn't have waited 24 hours to pull it. American companies have gotten so damn greedy!

That's such garbage. Like they couldn't have waited 24 hours to pull it. American companies have gotten so damn greedy!
The sad thing is … I don’t know who to be frustrated with. 30 mins of research this evening (because I had some free time since I couldn’t watch football) revealed that ESPN is a huge part of most bills and they are forcing channels on customers.

Carriers are wanting to offer (Genre Specific) packages that are much cheaper. Many people don’t watch sports and want available pkgs that don’t include sports. ABC is forcing carriers to include ESPN (SEC and BIG10) to a minimum of 80% of their customers or not have any access to ESPN at all. These football TV contracts will eventually hit a breaking point.

Today I’m siding with DirectTV because ABC is pushing them around. However, I’ll be screaming at DirectTV next Sat if I don’t have my ESPN channels ;- )

The sad thing is … I don’t know who to be frustrated with. 30 mins of research this evening (because I had some free time since I couldn’t watch football) revealed that ESPN is a huge part of most bills and they are forcing channels on customers.

Carriers are wanting to offer (Genre Specific) packages that are much cheaper. Many people don’t watch sports and want available pkgs that don’t include sports. ABC is forcing carriers to include ESPN (SEC and BIG10) to a minimum of 80% of their customers or not have any access to ESPN at all. These football TV contracts will eventually hit a breaking point.

Today I’m siding with DirectTV because ABC is pushing them around. However, I’ll be screaming at DirectTV next Sat if I don’t have my ESPN channels ;- )
One day....one day....people will be able to just buy the channels they want

What I think is that it's a M#%@<÷F@$#^ bullsht that the National Criminal Assoc gave an ineligible player BACK a trophy they forfeited by accepting improper benefits 20 years ago.

All the sht they've dished out to people for basically nothing, and this MFer accepted somewhere north of 250k in benefits and is GIVEN an award he knows he wasn't eligible to receive. Fk the NCAA.

I'll say this... You won't see another game this year with so many good receivers this year. Both teams have absolute playmakers and making insane catches.

One day....one day....people will be able to just buy the channels they want
That’s what carriers are aiming to offer. (A la carte) They've lost 50% of their customers in last decade to chord cutting, and it’s their only way to compete. Disney is currently forcing bundling and guaranteed minimums to have access to ESPN. The Disney Channel(s) are automatically bundled with ESPN, thus driving up prices. They are also preventing carriers from offering a la carte options by requiring ESPN and other Disney channels to be sold to a minimum of 80% of carrier customers.

If you have ESPN, then you (we) are probably also paying for the Disney movie channel. I don’t watch the Disney channel once a year, but we are forced to purchase it so we can watch sports.

A la Carte will force many channels out of business because of lack of demand. Forced bundling and preventing cheaper packages will force some carriers out of business. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out over next couple of years.

I’m too lazy, but I’m debating about cancelling my services after college basketball season. I only watch ESPN Sept-April for football and basketball. We would be content with Netflix plus basic cable the other months.

Reactions: bbncal02
That’s what carriers are aiming to offer. (A la carte) They've lost 50% of their customers in last decade to chord cutting, and it’s their only way to compete. Disney is currently forcing bundling and guaranteed minimums to have access to ESPN. The Disney Channel(s) are automatically bundled with ESPN, thus driving up prices. They are also preventing carriers from offering a la carte options by requiring ESPN and other Disney channels to be sold to a minimum of 80% of carrier customers.

If you have ESPN, then you (we) are probably also paying for the Disney movie channel. I don’t watch the Disney channel once a year, but we are forced to purchase it so we can watch sports.

A la Carte will force many channels out of business because of lack of demand. Forced bundling and preventing cheaper packages will force some carriers out of business. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out over next couple of years.

I’m too lazy, but I’m debating about cancelling my services after college basketball season. I only watch ESPN Sept-April for football and basketball. We would be content with Netflix plus basic cable the other months.
Same. I have maybe 10-15 channels I like to watch on cable. Tubi has some great old stuff that's fun to watch that's free.

I'm so tired of corporate greed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT