ADVERTISEMENT

LSU - Florida St Thread

TOMCATS1990

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2019
LSU in 12 plays has a first and goal at the 2 but runs 6 plays inside the 2 and can’t score. Florida St now marching it down the field and scores.

That endzone design is absolutely a huge oversight by whoever chose to make the camping world logo match the endzone paint and the only difference between inbounds and out of bounds is a single white yard line.

Typically the back of the endzone is a clear contrast which makes it easier for refs to see to make the tightrope call; as well as players to see in their peripheral vision while running routes.

LSU trying to give this one away? 2 stops on 4th down and a damn fumble? Ouch.

Welp, they got it back. Crazy first half already.

Is FSU actually for real for once?

gladiator-movies.gif

LSU doing some stupid stuff, Daniels running out of bounds 2 yards shy, then the return guy fumbles again, damn! Where is their heads?

LSU can’t cover the two big receivers for Florida State. Where is Harold Perkins tonight, dude was anointed the next great linebacker, overrated!

Reactions: Samurai Cat
SEC has looked poor in 3 big games this weekend. I didn't expect much from Florida but figured SC and LSU would win.

Reactions: K_TIME
LSU isn't the #5 team in the country.

Preseason rankings poison.

LSU isn't the #5 team in the country.

Preseason rankings poison.
LSU fans probably going out of their minds. Before this game they thought playoffs was a possibility. 2 hours later not so much.

SEC has looked poor in 3 big games this weekend. I didn't expect much from Florida but figured SC and LSU would win.
I didn't expect much from SC. Heels ARE THE Carolina, btw. Big Mack Brown fan. He's forgotten more football than Beamer-Lite knows.

I wanted to see LSU prove out, but wasn't sure they would. They haven't.

Now folding like a cheap suit.

Last edited:
I didn't expect much from SC. Heels ARE THE Carolina, btw. Big Mack Brown fan. He's forgotten more football than Beamer-Lite knows.

I wanted to see LSU prove out, but wasn't sure they would. They haven't.

Now folding like a cheap suit.

Yeah, they look like a fraud now.

Granted if LSU wins out they make the playoff still but don't see it.

If Bama loses to TX next weekend then the SEC really looks weak early on.

Unfortunately UT looked better than anyone I saw this week. Cant get a read on Bama or UGA yet considering who they played

Brian Kelly is not a good coach. It starts and stops at that statement.
LSU to me has given the ball to Jaden Daniels but is he really better Qb for their style of play then Nussmier?

LSU was physically whipped on the LOS by Tennessee and Georgia last year very decisive…and this game was more of the same. Can Kelly firm up the LOS is a big question as his Notre Dame teams were more finesse then physicality IMO

LSU to me has given the ball to Jaden Daniels but is he really better Qb for their style of play then Nussmier?

LSU was physically whipped on the LOS by Tennessee and Georgia last year very decisive…and this game was more of the same. Can Kelly firm up the LOS is a big question as his Notre Dame teams were more finesse then physicality IMO
Daniels wasn't the reason LSU lost. Good runner, WR drops hurt.

You're right about LSU's lack of physicality, really showed in this game.

Norte Dame was continually overrated under Kelly. His teams were like communism where they looked great on paper but when it came down to it seemed to always falter.

LSU looks like trash on both sides the 2nd half

Brian Kelly is not a good coach. It starts and stops at that statement.
He does not inspire young men to their best. That second half was sad. That's not LSU football at all. I'm not piling on at all. That's my favorite program in college football other than our own, showing a complete lack of pride last night.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Daniels wasn't the reason LSU lost. Good runner, WR drops hurt.

You're right about LSU's lack of physicality, really showed in this game.
It’s a hard call on Jordan Daniel. He for sure wasn’t the reason they gave 45 points which is by far the main reason they lost.

Reactions: mrschwump
Except for Daniels, LSU had almost no running attack. Not a formula for success in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT