ADVERTISEMENT

Love Cal but he lost the game

Yeah, and when we come out of the timeout up 4 the best play we can come up with is a Diallo corner 3. The bottomline is that is either TERRIBLE coaching or they players just won't listen to Cal. Why in the world would you not run a play for Knox!

The corner 3 is the easiest shot to make according to Cal. Perhaps everyone was looking for Knox to take the shot.

In Hami's defense he almost sunk it..

The corner 3 is the easiest shot to make according to Cal. Perhaps everyone was looking for Knox to take the shot.

In Hami's defense he almost sunk it..

It was an open 3, but I assume he was open for a reason. Just feel like the curl play we ran in the first half was unstoppable why not run that for Knox after the timeout.

It was an open 3, but I assume he was open for a reason. Just feel like the curl play we ran in the first half was unstoppable why not run that for Knox after the timeout.

Maybe he thought Auburn would expect that? Or their defense was set to defend that.

One thing is for sure, had the 3 gone in we wouldnt be discussing it, and questioning play calls after the game is the easiest thing for us armchair QBs to do...

The moment he put Diallo in up 4, misses a potentially backbreaking 3 that could have put us up 7. They go score. Then he turns it over and the game snowballs.
While I agree putting Diallo back in--and then having him set up on the three-point line--was a big mistake, Cal did not lose this game. Our extremely poor start contributed to this loss as much as anything else. Eight TOs in 8 minutes to start took away an ability to go up with a double-digit lead, when all we managed was to go up 10-5 when things caved in. Cal has had a really difficult time getting to know this team and knowing what to do to coach it, but we had some genuine chances to win and then the kids faltered. We just cannot do stupid things through the course of an entire game and have that kind of start and expect to win against a two-seed on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT