ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville was "set up" , The INSIDE SCOOP

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
These guys have the real story! And it's not just a few...there's actually quite a few that believe this crap haha

Apparently...Nike, ESPN, and Matt Bevin all have some pull into this scandal to bring down their Cards!

https://247sports.com/college/louis...ge-hoops-From-a-current-head-coach-130469558/

Ive been saying this, and just my opinion, but. Nike wanted Rick out once he started calling Nike out for sending kids from certain AAU programs to Nike schools. Never forget when Rick was sitting in the same room with Mike Krzyzewski and Roy Williams and flat out said on a live ESPN interview that Nike was pulling this crap. Coach K and Roy went dead silent but I was pretty much cheering Rick on through the tv. I honestly believe that was when Nike decided to do everything within their power to get him out. Made me wonder, too, how much money Nike gives to ESPN because of the inordinate amount of negative press they began to sling our way. And, of course, whatever Nike and ESPN want the NCAA is gonna deliver.

I have said all along UofL was set up (for more than one instance). It has the stink of UK and Nike all over it. Add to that the Governor assigned people with Big Blue interests to our Board of Directors at the time this was going down. Compared to what other schools were and still are doing, we did get a royal screw job (and no one enjoyed it) except our enemies.

They must think mighty highly of themselves to think that others want to bring them down because they were so dang dominating in basketball. News Flash: The Red Buzzards were rather being dominated, it would be more plausible to think the UofL were plotting to bring down UK and Calipari. You idiots cheated, you got caught doing the thing you accused UK of doing, your prediction of UK vacating the 2012 championship blew back into your faces and so it was the 2013 championship that was vacated. You are a little pip-squeak screaming, 'Everybody hates us because we're so much better then them!' You are a nothing that got caught cheating more than once. Accept it.

No one outside of Louisville thinks anything about them. No one would conspire to hurt them because Louisville simply doesn’t win enough to pay attention to.

Growing up I never realize Louisville was even a rival. Always thought Indiana, UT, UNC, and KU were our main rivals. Outside of the state they really don’t exist. It’s only in the state. Until Rick went to UL, I had no idea people cared at all.

No one outside of Louisville thinks anything about them. No one would conspire to hurt them because Louisville simply doesn’t win enough to pay attention to.

Growing up I never realize Louisville was even a rival. Always thought Indiana, UT, UNC, and KU were our main rivals. Outside of the state they really don’t exist. It’s only in the state. Until Rick went to UL, I had no idea people cared at all.
they were good into the early 90’s. just like iu.

Reactions: blubo
When U.K. fans say UCLA or somebody set us up with the money busting out of the envelope. That might have a little substance. This stuff by UofL fans is pretty out there.

I guess UK has a version of the KGB that infiltrated the Louisville athletic dept....Because UL was so great?....nah...because UL dominated UK.....nah......dang if I know why.

lived there long enough. how old are you? iu and not ul huh?

This is my point. You are from Kentucky so Louisville has always been in a spotlight. Outside of Kentucky, and that’s where my experience lies, Louisville is not considered elite. They never were, and until Pitino went there it was merely an afterthought. Growing up a die hard UK fan, living in Tn, no one thought one thing about Louisville. That’s the truth. Only in Kentucky are they made to be something. Now that Pitino is gone no one discusses them.

So growing up I had no idea there was another team in Kentucky that was good. Just didn’t think about’m. Thought about KU, UNC, UT, even Arkansas back then. But Louisville was nothing. And even today, no one thinks about them.

You live in Kentucky so it’s different. And yea, Indiana was always seen by the nation as the real UK rival. Louisville was only promoted to that tier a short while because of Pitino. My dad always said Louisville was a smaller school and he supports them in the metro leagues against Memphis. That’s not a rival, it’s a little program that people had sympathy for more than they hated them until Pitino got there.

ul is no threat to uk and for this i don’t think of them as people who live in that city do. so we’re not far off. but ul not being anything before pitino is just false. you’re perspective is a window according to your age and fan hood. they still had crum and were making sweet 16’s in the mid 90’s, were the team of the 80’s and we’re going to ff’s in the 70’s. all people older than you would remember that.

Reactions: susan2361
Stay in the shadows, Louisville.
dbd73wg-5e9ed214-c369-46dc-85d5-760a42e2125b.jpg

Reactions: JDHoss
Agree. Some of early 80’s teams were really good.

Peace

ul is no threat to uk and for this i don’t think of them as people who live in that city do. so we’re not far off. but ul not being anything before pitino is just false. you’re perspective is a window according to your age and fan hood. they still had crum and were making sweet 16’s in the mid 90’s, were the team of the 80’s and we’re going to ff’s in the 70’s. all people older than you would remember that.

Reactions: susan2361
I find it scary to think that there are people that are this F'ing delusional just walking around loose............it is truly sad that there is no way to legislate stupidity.......:(

What kills me is they believe someone actually thinks the Tards were ever important enough to frame. Total BS.

Reactions: awf
The crazy thing is they believe everything in that thread. I live in Louisville and when I hear them say those things in person I always think my goodness they really believe it. I'm shocked every single time.

These guys have the real story! And it's not just a few...there's actually quite a few that believe this crap haha

Apparently...Nike, ESPN, and Matt Bevin all have some pull into this scandal to bring down their Cards!

https://247sports.com/college/louis...ge-hoops-From-a-current-head-coach-130469558/
They bought Bowen. They paid for prostitutes for their players and their recruits. That's just the tip of the iceberg. UL's athletics department has been filthy dirty for a long time. There were potential scandals everywhere. That's why Jurich, their school president, and their board didn't survive this. It was only a matter of time before the house of cards fell under its own weight. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else. Anyone who doesn't see that is deluding themselves.

So where do you all put Louisville on the all-time list? Most media outlets/analysts say 6th or 7th. Whats your opinion?

They bought Bowen. They paid for prostitutes for their players and their recruits. That's just the tip of the iceberg. UL's athletics department has been filthy dirty for a long time. There were potential scandals everywhere. That's why Jurich, their school president, and their board didn't survive this. It was only a matter of time before the house of cards fell under its own weight. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else. Anyone who doesn't see that is deluding themselves.

While so many were envious of what Turtleneck was doing, I likened it to seeing a guy who makes $30K a year, go out and buy a million dollar home and start driving really expensive vehicles. You know it's just a matter of time before you'll go by his house and see the place roped off with caution tape and guys wearing FBI/DEA jackets carrying cardboard boxes of stuff out.

Well UofL fans have a ton of time to come up with silly conspiracies these days. They haven’t had to worry about meaningful basketball in weeks.

The real irony here is that if UL had taken appropriate action after the whore scandal, Pitino wouldn't have been there to set up. They roll in their own feces.

If they'd done the right thing and fire him after his 15 seconds of fame at Porcini's they wouldn't have had any of this! Sold their soul to the devil!

If they'd done the right thing and fire him after his 15 seconds of fame at Porcini's they wouldn't have had any of this! Sold their soul to the devil!
Good point. After Rick did the deed, and was allowed to turn himself into the victim, he, Jurich and the rest of that cabal apparently thought they were bulletproof.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
Expected response.....figured I would get as much!
UofL's last title was in 1986. That's the same year I graduated high school. Honestly, I think they've spent more time in trouble with the NCAA than actually being relevant since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT