ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville To Face NCAA Appeals Committee Today

Tyra said they had a great presentation for the NCAA to not go so hard on them. I'm sure them firing Pitino and Jurich was a big part of it. They sacrifice Pitino and Jurich to save a final four, games and a title. UL is the luckiest program in this country. It would not surprise me if they just got a hand slap.

Had they of kept RP and TJ they are the type to find some way to lessen penalties but now getting rid of those two I could see the NCAA possibly accepting the two they ditched as compensating for some of the penalties even though it would not be the right thing to do, whatsoever.
They never got rid of Pitino and Jurich until after the 2nd CHEATING Event,they weren't fired until they paid Bowen to play at UL.

Reactions: sefus12
@tluck88 The banners are coming down. The title will be vacated. The 120 plus wins will be vacated. The money will have to be returned.
I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is. Are you? Name the bet amount. I’m game.
Man, Im not saying that I for sure think that the banners wont come down. I am a realist and can see it go either way. I also just passed along information that was given to me by my co oworker. i even said, it may be true or not.

I am just trying to get 2 adulterers perma banned...not that he would hold his end of the bargain. he has already proved that once.

To the person who said I always defend Stoops, yea I do . He has done a remarkable job. And whether you believe it or not, he has waaay more stress on him than Cal could even think about. Nobody outside of a Ky and NC care about college basketball. He coaches the sport that is King, and he does it in a legit conference. Quite honestly, I think hes done a good job. He is making strides in the SEC, in football and we are going to a bowl for the second strait year.

So sue me for liking Stoops.

Man, Im not saying that I for sure think that the banners wont come down. I am a realist and can see it go either way. I also just passed along information that was given to me by my co oworker. i even said, it may be true or not.

I am just trying to get 2 adulterers perma banned...not that he would hold his end of the bargain. he has already proved that once.

To the person who said I always defend Stoops, yea I do . He has done a remarkable job. And whether you believe it or not, he has waaay more stress on him than Cal could even think about. Nobody outside of a Ky and NC care about college basketball. He coaches the sport that is King, and he does it in a legit conference. Quite honestly, I think hes done a good job. He is making strides in the SEC, in football and we are going to a bowl for the second strait year.

So lets hear all about why you think Cal cheats when he's never been charged with cheating?

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Cal has less stress because he wins at a top level. Stoops does not.

In my not-so-humble opinion the NCAA can't afford to wussy out on UL after the fiasco that the UNCC case proved to be.

IF they allow UL to skate I think the damage to college BBall will be enormous... As pointed out in earlier posts the game is already suffering. Many fans are turned off by the ridiculous referee bias, the preferential seeding of protected schools and now the ineptitude of Emmert. TV ratings and attendance are down significantly. Emmert & his group are the most inept and frankly laughable overseeing group in all of sports. They are weak, powerless, blatantly show favoritism toward chosen schools and are apparently totally unaware of their tarnished reputation & perception of themselves by most .. even the media..

A weak ruling on UL is the straw that will hasten the end of the NCAA..

Reactions: the stat man
I pride myself on being a realist in every aspect of my life. Call it passive aggression if you want, I call things how they are

Genuinely interested in how a 'true realistic' comes to a different conclusion than the investigative organization that makes this determination.

Did you talk to your source today? Did the meeting go well? Fill us in

Good luck with that..Hold your breath til you turn BIG BLUE..

My prediction is now that they will end up not having to vacate the title or games played. They’re going to go in there and say “Look, we’ve just cleaned house. While in part Pitino and Jurich firings were based on a different situation, we now believe that they had knowledge of things and any penalties should be in the form of show cause orders against those two individuals and not the University because we are committed to changing our course as illustrated by firing these two individuals”. They’re gonna go in there and throw Pitino and Jurich under the bus. They’re gonna cry because their attendance is down and their season tickets are being refunded. I don’t trust the NCAA to do what is right after the whole UNC debacle. I just don’t think the NCAA has the balls to vacate a title. We shall see but that’s my bet.
The ruling was made months back..Wins forfeited, NCAA banners/title removed and monies given back. This is a last ditch appeal by 'lil bro to de-rail those sanctions. I do not believe the NCAA will cave in, after all, an example must be set **[footnote] see UNCheat Forgive a favorite son and go after the next in line. All's fair in love and war..

The NCAA would not allow Kanter to pay back the money he had. So don’t see much merit in what UL is pushing. Hiring hookers to have sex with underage kids to influence then to go to UL, is pretty serious stuff. I’d find it hard that they would let UL off the hook.

I agree with a previous poster. I think that UofL got a pretty good idea at the hearing that they would lose the appeal. There would be no reason to sue Ricky if they thought they would not have to pay back the ill gotten revenue.

This t
The NCAA would not allow Kanter to pay back the money he had. So don’t see much merit in what UL is pushing. Hiring hookers to have sex with underage kids to influence then to go to UL, is pretty serious stuff. I’d find it hard that they would let UL off the hook.
This is the NCAA you are talking about. They didn’t let Kanter pay it back but they did others who had similar situations.

Ok, then what factors.

One, consistency serves as a mechanism to manage time constraints of the COI. COI is independent of NCAA and each member has their own day job (e.g., professor, practing attorney). There's a limited amount of time they can devote to any case, and findings of fact need to take precedence over determining penalties.

Two, it's a function of the supplemental guidance provided to the committee by enforcement as to how the penalty by laws should be interpretted. This also helps drive consistency without binding anything to precedent.

You realize you’ve been exposed as a Card fan right ? You literally used the same exact story of “hearing UL will keep the banner “ (100% false) that was posted on the card board and ran over here and regurgitated it on RR.

Then said “several people must be hearing the same thing” no... lol.

Troll game 2/10.

As i said- it would be best to create a new account and start over. Nobody believes you are a UK fan anymore (most never did )

caliseum.jpg

We've all heard the saying timing is everything, and in this case UL's could be bad. NCAA basketball is looking bad right now in the eyes of a lot of people with the FBI investigations, etc. I've heard for years the NCAA is reluctant to actually vacate a title, but in this case they just might do it in a effort to give themselves some credibility. If I were a UL fan I'd very worried.

You realize you’ve been exposed as a Card fan right ? You literally used the same exact story of “hearing UL will keep the banner “ (100% false) that was posted on the card board and ran over here and regurgitated it on RR.

Then said “several people must be hearing the same thing” no... lol.

Troll game 2/10.

As i said- it would be best to create a new account and start over. Nobody believes you are a UK fan anymore (most never did )
You dumb idiot...the guy that told me that is the guy that posted that over there. God da*m you are dense son. use your little peas sized brain. I tried to allude to that, without saying it.
Im a UK football fan yes....I dont even watch college basketball.....AT ALL,. I just like to come to the rafters to poke at the most ate up fans base in all the world. Its funny reading you guys. There are so many little gems here. I mean just the other day I read a long thread about GROWN MEN CRYING AFTER A LOSS.....hahahahahaha I texted it to like 12 people. I couldn't get enough of it. I really thought it was a joke at first then it just kept going and going and going with more and more and more experiences of crying episodes. One woman said she came home to find her husband weeping on the floor. hahahahahahah

What a moron....... I mean, Morons

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
One, consistency serves as a mechanism to manage time constraints of the COI. COI is independent of NCAA and each member has their own day job (e.g., professor, practing attorney). There's a limited amount of time they can devote to any case, and findings of fact need to take precedence over determining penalties.

Two, it's a function of the supplemental guidance provided to the committee by enforcement as to how the penalty by laws should be interpretted. This also helps drive consistency without binding anything to precedent.
Thanks but I don't see the significant difference between precedent and the second paragraph.

Why did the COI respond to the "precedent" brought up in the appeal yesterday?

You dumb idiot...the guy that told me that is the guy that posted that over there. God da*m you are dense son. use your little peas sized brain. I tried to allude to that, without saying it.
Im a UK football fan yes....I dont even watch college basketball.....AT ALL,. I just like to come to the rafters to poke at the most ate up fans base in all the world. Its funny reading you guys. There are so many little gems here. I mean just the other day I read a long thread about GROWN MEN CRYING AFTER A LOSS.....hahahahahaha I texted it to like 12 people. I couldn't get enough of it. I really thought it was a joke at first then it just kept going and going and going with more and more and more experiences of crying episodes. One woman said she came home to find her husband weeping on the floor. hahahahahahah

Bye felicia

Man, I’m all up in your head [roll]
When exposed you get triggerfied. Proof is in the pudding son! :)

You texted 12 people (you don’t have friends ) about a dozen or so people on a message board saying they shed tears after a loss? Lol you showed us!
You’ll be shedding plenty of tears once you realize your team in fact will permanently lose the banner (it’s already been vacated )

Please tho- and i meant it- PLEASE continue to post. You’ve become a RR comedic guest at this point and your posts are a nice distraction. So, continue to post- got it?

You’ve exposed yourself again with this post as not only a UL fan but also an imbecile.

We've all heard the saying timing is everything, and in this case UL's could be bad. NCAA basketball is looking bad right now in the eyes of a lot of people with the FBI investigations, etc. I've heard for years the NCAA is reluctant to actually vacate a title, but in this case they just might do it in a effort to give themselves some credibility. If I were a UL fan I'd very worried.
That is one school of thought,the NCAA is in a tough spot from a public relations standpoint.If they reduce the penalties they look weak,if the penalties stand they look selective in their enforcement. The cloud of the UNC "investigation" and ruling now hangs over the NCAA instead of UNC The FBI investigation does them no favors either,the seedy side of college athletics is more exposed than it has been in years and the NCAA had no role in exposing it and it was not limited to just UL. The suits by Pitino and UL have the potential to shed more light on what might have been going on right under the NCAA's nose all the time.

That is one school of thought,the NCAA is in a tough spot from a public relations standpoint.If they reduce the penalties they look weak,if the penalties stand they look selective in their enforcement. The cloud of the UNC "investigation" and ruling now hangs over the NCAA instead of UNC The FBI investigation does them no favors either,the seedy side of college athletics is more exposed than it has been in years and the NCAA had no role in exposing it and it was not limited to just UL. The suits by Pitino and UL have the potential to shed more light on what might have been going on right under the NCAA's nose all the time.

the big difference is UNC worked in a grey area
UL went way over the corrupt line

the NCAA feared that UNC would bring a lawsuit and had a good chance of winning it
they do not have that fear with UL

If Uvel and Pitino go to court they could do it at the Yum and sell tickets

Thanks but I don't see the significant difference between precedent and the second paragraph.

Why did the COI respond to the "precedent" brought up in the appeal yesterday?

The difference in the second paragraph is that consistency is a result of legislative decisions made in advance of a specific enforcement action versus consistency being driven by a prior enforcement action.

To put it into a legal context, it's the difference between consistency being driven by an act of Congress instead of by a prior judge's decision. Or a judge being required to follow statutory sentencing guidelines versus following previous court decisions.

As far as the COI response, the by laws require the appeals advocate to respond to all issues raised by the school, regardless of their validity.

At any rate, there is no stare decisis with respect to NCAA penalties. The by laws essentially prohibit that approach. Precedent in the enforcement process is persuasive but never binding.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Man, I’m all up in your head [roll]
When exposed you get triggerfied. Proof is in the pudding son! :)

You texted 12 people (you don’t have friends ) about a dozen or so people on a message board saying they shed tears after a loss? Lol you showed us!
You’ll be shedding plenty of tears once you realize your team in fact will permanently lose the banner (it’s already been vacated )

Please tho- and i meant it- PLEASE continue to post. You’ve become a RR comedic guest at this point and your posts are a nice distraction. So, continue to post- got it?

You’ve exposed yourself again with this post as not only a UL fan but also an imbecile.
I will post more, thanks for allowing me Mommy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT