ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville has ALWAYS been a MYTH

I did not discount the ST and TO. UK won those two stats and they contributed to the UK victory. The post I responded to said that "We had better talent across the board and much better on the LOS."

My point was that UK would have dominated if they had better talent across the board and much better on the LOS.

Why didn't UK dominate?
Cause UK didn’t dominate the lines like they thought they would. If they did then Louisville would not have had more tackles for a loss than UK. If they dominated the LOS then why did UK only have 46 rushing yards before Davis busted the 37 yard game winning run. Not to mention Louisville rushed for 164 yards in the game.

Reactions: Lamar Card
Cause UK didn’t dominate the lines like they thought they would. If they did then Louisville would not have had more tackles for a loss than UK. If they dominated the LOS then why did UK only have 46 rushing yards before Davis busted the 37 yard game winning run. Not to mention Louisville rushed for 164 yards in the game.
7's ran the ball 43 times for 161 yards for an avg of 3.7 yards per carry.

UK ran 23 times for 108 yards for an avg of 4.7 yards per carry minus the negative 23 yards from Leary.

Each team had 2 sacks

Walker dominated the 7's dl, your QB can't recall his name had to run multiple times because he was about to be sacked.

You left out facts, if i missed anything please enlighten us.

Reactions: rudd1
7's ran the ball 43 times for 161 yards for an avg of 3.7 yards per carry.

UK ran 23 times for 108 yards for an avg of 4.7 yards per carry minus the negative 23 yards from Leary.

Each team had 2 sacks

Walker dominated the 7's dl, your QB can't recall his name had to run multiple times because he was about to be sacked.

You left out facts, if i missed anything please enlighten us.
Yah you missed UK only had 83 total yards rushing for a 3.3 average. You seemed to have left out the -23 yards Leary had which counts towards the rushing stats.

Yah you missed UK only had 83 total yards rushing for a 3.3 average. You seemed to have left out the -23 yards Leary had which counts towards the rushing stats.
NO maybe read slower I said minus Leary having minus his -23

Wasn't talking about game totals just the myth of what you're trying to provide as proof

Here's a # for you 38-31 home loss 7's

Actually you're right taking away Leary

20 rushes for 108 5.4 avg.

Their fans do not understand that even their glory years were a mirage. They feasted on bad teams on Tuesday nights in CUSA and would usually still manage to lose to a bad team that would keep them from being undefeated (Rutgers, UCF, et al).

Even when UK was bad and UL was "good", UK was still winning more big games than they were (e.g. UL cannot sniff another win that approaches the win over LSU in 2007). The only GREAT UL win was against FSU at home the gameday game, but otherwise, there is very little meat on that bone.

They are now in a bad conference (again) with very few teams that put any kind of focus or resources into football. They got the luxury of playing a schedule with no Clemson, FSU, or UNC this year (I mean, does Brohm have naked pictures of someone in the ACC office?).

UK has the better team, the better program, the better fanbase, the better university, more resources, better stadium, better campus, better conference, and a ton more conference money and exposure. There is no reason why UK should lose to UL on any kind of regular basis. The gap between the haves and have nots will only continue to increase and UL is a have-not.

Even when the media buys into the fraudulent records, and even when their ridiculous "fans" (in quotes, b/c there are very few of them) get chirpy, always remember these facts. They are who they have always been.
Agree with everything except their stadium is better than ours. So is the GAMEDAY experience. Our stadium and experience is still stuck in the 70s.

Agree with everything except their stadium is better than ours. So is the GAMEDAY experience. Our stadium and experience is still stuck in the 70s.
I disagree with this. UK's experience is much better than it used to be and it's a real college setting (UL's stadium is basically surrounded by ruin and railroad tracks - and I say this as a guy who prefers cities to rural settings).

Reactions: rudd1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT