ADVERTISEMENT

Lotta truth in this-It’s unraveling for Cal per Wolken

If you look at Kentucky in a vacuum and ignore the world around us, you can run with all that I guess. But our problems really aren’t unique for blue bloods these days, Ships will be righted again. And it’s no big deal.

Can you refute his points or explain how he’s wrong as you say?

I'm actually with Cal on this one. Man up Clarke. Put on your big boy pants and suck it up buttercup or go home. Don't care either way. What a disappointment he has become.

This situation reminds me of Josh Harrelson in 2011. Calipari said around the same to him, but Josh worked his ass off because he knew he was wrong and redeemed himself big time. What Calipari said to Josh made him work harder, but seems like Clarke has folded his cards.

Reactions: ukfan041
Can you refute his points or explain how he’s wrong as you say?
I mean I’m sure I could and I’m sure you know I can, but it’s not worth the effort honestly. Just turn with whatever take you have and assume I agree with it,

Cal just tweeted out some damage control. Didn’t apologize for throwing Clarke under the bus but said he understands how his comments could be taken different ways. Now says Clarke wants to play. What a shit show lol.
Absolute sh** show this year!

Reactions: UKGrad93
I mean I’m sure I could and I’m sure you know I can, but it’s not worth the effort honestly. Just turn with whatever take you have and assume I agree with it,

So no. Will remember that when presented facts and respectfully called out you evade and back away.

This shows everyone that you know the things you defend can’t be defended when presented with facts. Otherwise you wouldn’t continue to evade. It’s not like answering or refuting his points would take 5 paragraphs. You are simply just unable to do so.

So no. Will remember that when presented facts and respectfully called out you evade and back away.

This shows everyone that you know the things you defend can’t be defended when presented with facts. Otherwise you wouldn’t continue to evade. It’s not like answering or refuting his points would take 5 paragraphs. You are simply just unable to do so.
I agree

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
[QUOTE="Basscat1987, post: 9572204, member:
Hard to say we'll be in the hunt when we have no idea who will even be on the team next year. Most likely, it will be 5-8 new players again that we have to watch. We'll be 'young', in the middle of 'the process', etc. all over again next season. We could be good or awful and have no way of predicting which because of wholesale turnover of the roster. Again

[QUOTE="Basscat1987, post: 9572204, member:
Hard to say we'll be in the hunt when we have no idea who will even be on the team next year. Most likely, it will be 5-8 new players again that we have to watch. We'll be 'young', in the middle of 'the process', etc. all over again next season. We could be good or awful and have no way of predicting which because of wholesale turnover of the roster. Again
I want to be positive about next year but with the vaccine rollout taking forever, new strains emerging. I think covid plays a big part in next year. That probably means a shorter season, changing schedules, etc

In short next year will be a shite show. We will take the hit harder than anyone else because it will be an all new team like this year. Eh...it will be 2023 before this remotely turns around.

I think if he opted out, Cal would do like Stoops and tell him to pack his bags. Don't need him here if he is just protecting his draft stock. He needs another year, they all do.

I’m with coach on this one 100%. Be a man, suck it up and play. Or be a pansy and go home.

I'm with him too, but in the past he would never ever throw a player under the bus in public .. he didnt have to , back then he was respected . Piss on Clark .. Cal has made it clear via this statement the kid just isnt crazy about jumping back in .

Clarke is not playing another minute at UK
Not after getting thrown under the bus so publicly by his coach he’s not. Geez what is wrong with Cal? I thought he was supposed to be a master 5 star recruit whisperer. Having to send a tweet later to try and do damage control is also a bad bad look. If he meant what he said the first time he wouldn’t have sent the tweet. Instead it looks like he has no idea what he’s trying to do with these guys.

I think if he opted out, Cal would do like Stoops and tell him to pack his bags. Don't need him here if he is just protecting his draft stock. He needs another year, they all do.

I agree they all need another year. Please God, let it be somewhere else. I am tired of watching this s**t show.

If Cal doesn't shake up the staff, and install a real offense, he can go too.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
We are 5-11, 6 games from being 500. Duke and UNC have winning records. It’s not close. 5-11 is ridiculous. Yes, all the blue bloods suck, but we suck a lot worse than the others.

5-11 man, 5-11. Do you understand how bad that is? Five and eleven. Jeez, has Ole Miss ever been this bad?
I doubt UK was this bad pre-Rupp days. When UK could not beat the YMCA. That makes me wonder, can this team beat the YMCA.

• Haha
Reactions: Cawood86
It’ll be ok
It's fairly obvious. We have a freshman team where some were overrated. We have basically NO point guard to run the offense. Cal never allows the same 5 to get comfortable in the game with his headscratching substitution pattern(no pattern). In the past, a couple of top talent freshen were always there and by now was playing like upperclassmen. Cal does not have the staff to overcome this, or he doesn't listen to them. They are basically useless come game time.

Cal just tweeted out some damage control. Didn’t apologize for throwing Clarke under the bus but said he understands how his comments could be taken different ways. Now says Clarke wants to play. What a shit show lol.
The situation around UK basketball is like the weather, changes every few minutes. Spin,spin,spin.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
I think Mitch would be wise not underestimate how angry the fanbase is right now. This isn't some one season knee jerk reaction either.

Lets be clear, he demanded Tubby get rid of Hobbs and that other guy or he would have to resign due to fan pressure. Tubby wasn't in near the hot water or disfavor with the fans that Calipari is right now. Honestly I don't think Gillispie even was. He was simply done and we all knew it.

If he thinks fans are less upset right now than they were then, he is waaaay out of touch. Changes MUST be made this offseason on the staff. This is absolutely and unequivocally 100% UNACCEPTABLE at Kentucky.
...yet here we are.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the kid has people telling him not to play so that he doesn’t hurt his draft stock (have no clue what he’s ranked) anymore then he has already.
After seeing him play I am trying to see what draft stock he has- if I am a GM I am not drafting him

Reactions: deep3
When your big selling point to these recruits is the NBA and how you can help them get there and get there quicker than anyone else, you better back it up.

Cal created this NBA or bust mentality. You better be good and go pro because I got 5 more coming next year.

The other issue is, these kids think just walking onto the UK campus makes them NBA material. When they get here and the Cal in their living room is replaced by the mad man on the sideline, shock sets in.

Reactions: UK90 and deep3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT