ADVERTISEMENT

Lot of "IF's"

willievic

Senior
Aug 29, 2005
Louisville, KY.
I read one post where a poster said, "If Reeves had hit 25% of his threes, we would have won." That is very true! However, Cal's gameplan, if he has one, is not built around shooting threes. Cal hasn't changed his gameplan, since he arrived at UK. His gameplan is built around one thing, and one thing only, and that is the "Dribble Drive." Oates and Alabama also have a gameplan built around the "Dribble Drive," but it is not their only gameplan. They use the "Dribble Drive" to make the defense pull toward the basket, then pass it out to the wing for a wide open shot. They also use screens to get the shooter, open. UK does very little screening, except the center will set a screen, but then stands there, instead of rolling to the basket. Think about it! Cal's number one job, as far as he is concerned, is to get the players to the next level, and shooting will not work as well as a player showing his athletic ability. The NBA can't teach athleticism, but they can teach you to shoot. Do you think playing a zone will showcase a player's athletic ability, and quickness in guarding a player? No way! Cal has told us, and bragged about it in his book, that he is here to get players and their families rich. He has done a better job at it then any other coach, in the history of college ball, but I thought we hired him to "Hang Banners." I guess I was wrong, but I'm not wrong when I say, "Cal, you have wore your welcome out with me, please leave KENTUCKY!" I'm tired of your excuses and Bul $hit, and I think a lot of other fans are.

Reactions: Backer cutter
IF, IF, Cow could shoot for’m we beat State. Cow can’t shoot for’m, we lose to State!

Reactions: willievic
Well I went to the game. Reeves maybe had two to three extremely clean shots. The KState guys closed out pretty quick on him every time. Guard from KState played a superstar. Seems to be the case in tourney loses DWade, Kemba, Shabazz, etc..

I read one post where a poster said, "If Reeves had hit 25% of his threes, we would have won." That is very true! However, Cal's gameplan, if he has one, is not built around shooting threes. Cal hasn't changed his gameplan, since he arrived at UK. His gameplan is built around one thing, and one thing only, and that is the "Dribble Drive." Oates and Alabama also have a gameplan built around the "Dribble Drive," but it is not their only gameplan. They use the "Dribble Drive" to make the defense pull toward the basket, then pass it out to the wing for a wide open shot. They also use screens to get the shooter, open. UK does very little screening, except the center will set a screen, but then stands there, instead of rolling to the basket. Think about it! Cal's number one job, as far as he is concerned, is to get the players to the next level, and shooting will not work as well as a player showing his athletic ability. The NBA can't teach athleticism, but they can teach you to shoot. Do you think playing a zone will showcase a player's athletic ability, and quickness in guarding a player? No way! Cal has told us, and bragged about it in his book, that he is here to get players and their families rich. He has done a better job at it then any other coach, in the history of college ball, but I thought we hired him to "Hang Banners." I guess I was wrong, but I'm not wrong when I say, "Cal, you have wore your welcome out with me, please leave KENTUCKY!" I'm tired of your excuses and Bul $hit, and I think a lot of other fans are.
You’re old school, like me. Beat around that Bush all day. At the end of the day, Win. That’s what matters. Rupp, Hall, Pitino, even Tubby understood it. A win for us now is a first rounder who never sniffed a sweet 16, but gets drafted somewhere. Whoopdedo. What happened to true UK fans?

I havn't seen much dribble drive; I think that's something he used at Memphis when he didn't have good bigs. At UMASS with Camby and here at UK he has used a more traditional offense beginning with feeding the big man posting up, at least it seems that way to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT