ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Postgame

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022

Cal said he took Edwards out because he didn't want him to screw up his perfect game.

Cal decided yesterday to play Big Z despite some pushback (didn't say who). Said he woke up with his gut saying to play him and he listened to his gut.

Blamed DJ's timing being off for his poor shooting because he's missed games.

Quote of the day (Referring to Edwards fighting two guys for a rebound): "He grabbed it with both hands and jerked it out." 🤣

Cal admitted his gameplan was to give up 2 pointers, including dunks and layups, as long as we don't give up threes.

I would rather firecrackers go off in both ears simultaneously than listen to Cal.
Sea Lion Reaction GIF by Cameo

Just got back from a work travel trip. Shower to come, unpack then watch the game.
I sure hope we pull this game out.

Cal said he took Edwards out because he didn't want him to screw up his perfect game.

Cal decided yesterday to play Big Z despite some pushback (didn't say who). Said he woke up with his gut saying to play him and he listened to his gut.

Quote of the day (Referring to Edwards fighting two guys for a rebound): "He grabbed it with both hands and jerked it out." 🤣

Cal admitted his gameplan was to give up 2 pointers, including dunks and layups, as long as we don't give up threes.
Wouldn't you assume the pushback came from assistant coaches? Who else has input

Edwards carrying the big stick now? I bet he's scoring some tonight.

Wonder who the pushback was from? I'm not sure I believe that, but if true would it be Bradshaw?
Another non truth, ccc is in charge
He just wanted to play his favorites ugo and Bradshaw

Reactions: NociHTTP
I would say the push back was from coaches
This, I don't think pushback is the right word. More like Cal shows up to practice and tells staff I want to play Z more against Bama. Coaches ask are you sure? Etc. I don't believe it was anyone actually second guessing, more of a casual conversation type thing.

😂 I can't imagine a player even having input on who plays
I don't think a player would ever just come out and say "I don't want so and so to play", but I believe a player could sulk and give nonverbal cues that they disapproved. I don't really know.

I don't think a player would ever just come out and say "I don't want so and so to play", but I believe a player could sulk and give nonverbal cues that they disapproved. I don't really know.
Possible, but I think back to the time Cal and Antigua were going at each other on the bench

Cal is walking around tonight with his chest sticking out.

He jerked it out😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

DJ missing games isn't a legit excuse anymore. He missed like two games 3 weeks ago.

DJ just isn't good and Cal needs to decide if he wants to make DJ happy, or if he wants to make a run in March. Because now we have Edwards coming out party and BigZs second best (or best?) game. We now have like 8 players who deserve more minutes, maybe 9 with Bradshaw.

You can't play DJ more than 15 mpg any more. You can't with this talent in front of him.

DJ missing games isn't a legit excuse anymore. He missed like two games 3 weeks ago.

DJ just isn't good and Cal needs to decide if he wants to make DJ happy, or if he wants to make a run in March. Because now we have Edwards coming out party and BigZs second best (or best?) game. We now have like 8 players who deserve more minutes, maybe 9 with Bradshaw.

You can't play DJ more than 15 mpg any more. You can't with this talent in front of him.
If he wants to make DJ's father happy you mean.

I was frustrated by that until the game was out of hand. But, you know, I have to give the man his due - he was right!

Reactions: NociHTTP
If he wants to make DJ's father happy you mean.

It's becoming the last hurdle for this team.

We found a shot blocker. We got better on defense. Freshman and returnees are improving. Lineup is tightening. Things can still improve, but the last piece is having that hard convo with DJ and saying "we need you as a reserve for now".

Capped off a great night with him not doing any swaggy Cal bs
Kudos to that. Let everyone be happy…together…players, fans, staff, etc and cut the internal division amount the program and supporters out after positive nights. They’ll be enough division the next negative night…no need to create some where it doesn’t exist on the good days

I don’t want to crap on DJ. He has been clutch in some games but he has been bad since before Arkansas. I hope he gets his confidence and finds something that works before March.

he didn't need to show the kids how to get on a bus or airplane? LOL

Hilarious how he doesn't mind facing the music when the kids carry his lack of coaching ability... SORRY it is the truth.

Reactions: law1127
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT