ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like today is the Day for McDaniels to Decide

Nothing we ain’t saying here. Are the tweets real, are they not? Yelling at each other, there’s a picture of an amphibian that looks like a male member.... Seriously man, you should sign up,
I may have to renew it lol I had it during the Andrew Wiggins recruitment and it was interesting to say the least.

Nothing we ain’t saying here. Are the tweets real, are they not? Yelling at each other, there’s a picture of an amphibian that looks like a male member.... Seriously man, you should sign up,

Hmmmmm. Somehow the thought of an amphibian wang doesn't make me wanna open my wallet.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
I’m kind of getting to the point where I hate this kid whether he’s here or not

You have to understand the kid hasn’t come out and said anything and he doesn’t have to. The speculation is all from media reading into what he’s going to do and suggesting when he will announce. Even the rumors of leaders have all come out from people with “sources”. So when people say “why can’t he make up his mind” , they have absolutely no idea if he already has or if he’s ever even changed it.

Hope he goes to Washington
Agreed. I honestly don’t understand why people are so up in arms about this kid. I guess because he’s a “top 5” recruit. However arbitrary that is. I have watched a few of his games and he has looked less than stellar in every one that I have seen. He doesn’t have a college ready body and we already have more than enough for the position he would fill. Kerry Blackshear is the much bigger get and, hopefully, the much bigger priority from the coaching staff. I still say the Herro decision killed us for next year but adding Juzang took a little of the sting off. Get Blackshear in the fold and we are the favorites with or without McDaniels.

Hope he goes to Washington
Agreed. I honestly don’t understand why people are so up in arms about this kid. I guess because he’s a “top 5” recruit. However arbitrary that is. I have watched a few of his games and he has looked less than stellar in every one that I have seen. He doesn’t have a college ready body and we already have more than enough for the position he would fill. Kerry Blackshear is the much bigger get and, hopefully, the much bigger priority from the coaching staff. I still say the Herro decision killed us for next year but adding Juzang took a little of the sting off. Get Blackshear in the fold and we are the favorites with or without McDaniels.
giphy.gif

Cant say that I dont want JM but i definitely want Blackshear more. I think he will be more valuable with this roster.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Cant say that I dont want JM but i definitely want Blackshear more. I think he will be more valuable with this roster.

I want Jaden for the long and short term dividends.

I think EJ takes the next step forward and gives us about 10 and 8 next year, so I don't think we need Kerry.

But having a third perimeter scorers would be huge. Jaden gives us that.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Yeah, why would we want to wait a week or two for a top 3 draft pick when it means not getting our way immediately.

Who does this kid think he is? Doesn't he know he's got 200 over-the-hill message board posters to appease?
You are so into this. Nobody else cares.

Will he announce this year

None of this should surprise us.

The kid is publicly shy. If he signs financial aid papers, he can keep it quiet until he flies to Lexington. The only thing the program gains by him signing now and making it public is that the coaching staff can publicly talk about him.

The Monday tweet from UK and the news that stated he had already signed makes me wonder if he's already committed and it just going to keep it quiet until he's ready to leave for Kentucky.

I just don't see the benefit of UK bragging about a #1 recruiting class the week an elite prospect tells them "no thanks."

I think the 5 spot will be fine if EJ and Nick come back. Nate gives us a pick and pop 5 if we need it. EJ gives us double-double ability. Nick gives us rim protection. I think all three of those guys would also buy into a non scoring role and let the perimeter guys do their thing.

I know that we tend to associate Calipari with back-to-the-basket scoring with guys like PJ and Towns, but what about 2012? Davis was not that type of player. Jones gaves us some of that, but not to the level of guys like PJ or Town. Even Randle rarely spent the majority of his offense posting up defenders. He drove to the rim with frequency and made it work.

Cal's 2008 team had no real consistent low post threat. Just a really good big who rebounded and defended. EJ and Nick can give us that. Nate can give us that as well as some pretty decent scoring skill.

Jaden gives us a 6'10" match-up nightmare who Cal can place anywhere on the court and not lose sleep about it. Plus, he pays off in spades when it comes to future recruiting sales pitches. Having McDaniels, Brooks, and Whitney (along with the nation's best backcourt) is the type of thing that will frustrate the plans of March and April opposing coaches due to all the match-up advantages UK would have. With Blackshear, you know you're getting 12 and 8 each night. He's not turning into a 16 and 10 guy. But with McDaniels, there's the possibility this kid turns into a 15 and 6 guy who's capable of going off for 25 in a tournament game. Plus, his role on the team wouldn't run off any current players or commits like Blackshear's presence might.

Give me McDaniels if I have to choose.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT