ADVERTISEMENT

Look Back At 2020 AP Preseason Poll: Top 3 Were Arguably 3 Best Teams At Season’s End

Wow that’s pretty accurate with HUGE misses on Florida and North Carolina(way off)
Memphis would’ve been a different team with Wiseman.

I think Mich St was playing top 3 type basketball!

Reactions: kgargus
Izzo is constantly credited for having his teams ready in March yet I don’t think a program has underachieved in the tournament more than Michigan State over the last decade.

They would’ve flamed out early like always.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Izzo is constantly credited for having his teams ready in March yet I don’t think a program has underachieved in the tournament more than Michigan State over the last decade.

Just like last year eh?

I agree but they were playing very well at season’s end

And Roy gets absolutely no heat for having a preseason top 10 team and would have been in the CBI.

Izzo is a good coach but assuming a deep run because they were playing down the stretch is going out on a pretty big limb. They’ve also lost in the first round to a 15 seed and the second round to an 11 seed as a 3 in the last 4 years.

If anybody noticed yesterday afternoon on CNN's page where it had the tournament being cancelled the photo they had with it was of Tyrese Maxey

THAT WAS AWESOME!

not a shit duke player, or skumbag Kansas player..........A KENTUCKY PLAYER

Reactions: SuporChin
MSU was playing great ball there at the end. They finally put it all together. More often than not, Izzo has his team ready to roll in March. I'd never want to see an MSU team in the tournament.
I think all two of the top three preseason teams were gonna make a run. We all know Kansas was going to lose to a mid-major at some point.

I just want to pat myself on the back for calling Florida being a pretender.

When a team loses 7 players, many of those it's best players, you're not a top5 team. I for the life of me can't understand what people saw in that team leading up to the season. Was it to try and find a competitor for Kentucky?

I just want to pat myself on the back for calling Florida being a pretender.

When a team loses 7 players, many of those it's best players, you're not a top5 team. I for the life of me can't understand what people saw in that team leading up to the season. Was it to try and find a competitor for Kentucky?

i was right there with you. Mike White’s shown me nothing. He’s had arguably top 10 talent on every roster he’s had there. With only a fluky E8 run thanks to billy Donovan holdover Chris chiozza to show for it.

he HAS made the tournament every year. So I’m not gonna say he’s terrible. But I doubt his dad will be looking his way when K finally retires.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT