ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason AP Top 25 most underrated and overrated teams

True. But they were a 9 seed for a reason. Good team. Good coach. But Top 10? Meh....
They were a 9 seed because they were underseeded for a team with 30 plus wins. They should have never been playing an 8 seed Memphis in the first round.

Anyway, FAU is playing a very challenging non-conference schedule this year, and are moving to the AAC, so we will see how they do with a tougher schedule and a target on their back.

Sue me if I think we’re rated about spot on. Sure that roster is killer on paper IF you ignore the fact that even on paper it’s a roster built to reach its highest potential only with a spread floor, with its inside strengths lagging behind its perimeter firepower. And the roster alone on paper doesn’t tell the story that the man in charge has still never yet used a roster that way, at least not at Kentucky. Nor have his recent head-scratching results been limited to two seasons as Boone is suggesting they have been. Nor is the roster on paper alone enough to convey the fact that we have zero post players who aren’t dragging some kind of major question mark into this season with them.

I would love to be proven wrong and I am not even saying I don’t think we have some reasonable chance of beating the odds. But when it comes to reasonable and objective men trying to guess the odds based on all available facts, a rating of 16, or just a little worse than the average team who is generally pretty strong, is exactly where we belong. I don’t think that’s a hard call at all, and that is exactly why we’re smack dab there in both polls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT