ADVERTISEMENT

Lonzo Ball

De'Aaron when he saw this news.

photo.jpg

Its his first game so I won't judge him yet but Brandon Ingram good god how did he ever go number 2. You got to give dook credit they consistently produce top flight busts good thing Nike is recruiting for them with some cheesy commercials.

I've heard he's a nice kid but when I saw that video of his girlfriend cutting up his steak....smh...apparently he doesn't know how to cut his steak so he has to pass the plate to her and let her cut it up for him.....just wow....and i just don't don't think anyone with chicken wings like that is ready to play with grown men in the NBA

I can't believe so many people think Ball is gonna be a player. Pay attention to his body language that's constant. He's unenthusiastic, and appears to dread even having to play. I think he's all in it for the cash and will become a backup in 5 years.

I have said it many times, Lonzo Ball is one of the most overrated players ever to be drafted into the NBA.
it's lavar's fault. he got the attention of espn who do nothing but create unnecessary hype. and the narrative that he was going to get drafted by the lakers came true. he basically forced magic johnson's hand knowing his being a local product made him extra marketable. it was all a sham story. now espn can just blame his dad if he's a bust instead of owning up to their own hyping of his potential. he's good and he's a good team player. and he's not great.

i hope he remains mediocre so there is no story. and all the past hype will look as unecessary at it is and become useless.

Reactions: struggler
I can't believe so many people think Ball is gonna be a player. Pay attention to his body language that's constant. He's unenthusiastic, and appears to dread even having to play. I think he's all in it for the cash and will become a backup in 5 years.

I said that to someone the other day - he looks like he's dreading every game. Good call

And Levar on sportscaster. SMH. Magic not shutting him down (or not able to) is a problem.

Reactions: J_Dee
Here's Patrick Beverly...imagine when it's John Wall.

Hey, when it comes to defense, nobody should be downplaying Patrick Beverley. That dude's always been one of the toughest, nastiest and most aggressive backcourt defenders in the League.

It was definitely a baptism by fire situation getting Beverley guarding him in his first ever NBA game.

Wall is going to eat ball alive. He's too slow for NBA point guards. He may have good games at some point but he isn't going to be a good NBA player. That funky shot of his is going to be tough to get off in traffic too.

What's likeable about him?
There doesn't seem to be anything unlikeable about him except his father, which is out of his control. Lonzo seems to be a down to earth, quiet, go about his business type of player and his teammates have raved about him. His dad is a cuck which makes people hate him, But as far as Lonzo himself, he hasn't brought any hatred upon himself, IMO. But if you want him to fail because his dad is a douche, so be it and I absolutely understand that.

Reactions: UKUGA
He will be a decent player but he's not special. Way too many times he brought the ball up, passed, and then disappeared. Just looks like he doesn't want to run the offense unless it's on a fast break. Too slow. Shot is jacked up. Although he probably won't have a tougher matchup than Beverly, who's a bulldog with little man's syndrome.

Reactions: MWes11
Yeah I thought to myself while watching the game that ole Lavar did his part and tricked the lakers into drafting his son when the obvious pick should've been Mr. Fox.

Gonna be a long year for the lake show.

I've heard he's a nice kid but when I saw that video of his girlfriend cutting up his steak....smh...apparently he doesn't know how to cut his steak so he has to pass the plate to her and let her cut it up for him.....just wow....and i just don't don't think anyone with chicken wings like that is ready to play with grown men in the NBA

Wait, this is an actual thing? Hahahaha!

I guess she also walks him to the bathroom and helps him wipe his own ass too.

He's going to have some great games, yall. This is silly.
He will have some very good assist game...that I agree with. But for the season he'll shoot below 40%, maybe score in the low teens, assist in the 8 per game range. But he'll be an absolute disaster on defensive end. That won't look like a really good rookie PG IMO.

And the comment on Brandon Ingram is dead on...that guy looks absolutely dreadful. He is the bigger bust of the two.

There doesn't seem to be anything unlikeable about him except his father, which is out of his control. Lonzo seems to be a down to earth, quiet, go about his business type of player and his teammates have raved about him. His dad is a cuck which makes people hate him, But as far as Lonzo himself, he hasn't brought any hatred upon himself, IMO. But if you want him to fail because his dad is a douche, so be it and I absolutely understand that.
Agree he is more quiet than his dad. But the actually things he says, lack emotion.
No excitement, fear, anger, sampathy. Nothing.
IMO he comes across as disingenuous as RP, just in a different way.

Edit: hell, don king is more quiet than lavar

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Here is what Lavar said about Pat Beverely after the game
Yeah, you shut the mother****er down," LaVar said. "And your check still ain’t going to go no higher than what it is. Yeah, you shut him down. OK…Who is Patrick Beverley? He played all last year and nobody said nothing about him. Now we are looking at your first game. Why? Because Lonzo’s name is attached to it. So you got to be [all hard]. Let’s see what you do the next five games, if you are going to be pumped up towards everybody like that and go back to your 0-for-5 shooting and your two or three rebounds. Nobody is going to care about you. But you put my son’s name in it and you put my name in it, now you got some action and you got some people talking."

LaVar also accused Beverley of trying to get his attention during the game.

"I saw the way he looked at me when he was on the side of the bench," he said. "He was going to see if I can get eye contact. I just looked at him like I looked right past him because he’s nobody. You talking to Big Baller. One game. OK, you still don’t have your own shoe, you are still not your own boss. I know why you are looking at me. And you want to tell me that I got your son! Well, I got two more you can try to get some of, too. They will be here, don’t worry about it. I don’t worry about one game."

Guess I’m the only one who loves his game.

Nope. I said I would've taken him first back before the draft. He's gonna be a 15 point, 10 assist, 7 rebound guy real soon.

He'd get more assist numbers on a team that wasn't so shittastic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT